Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I've Been Waking Up Hungry!

    I have been waking up the last few days with a gnawing, aching hunger. And the way it feels you'd think I hadn't eaten for a week or something! I'm familiar with this feeling...and I know what it means...Grrrr!....It's hormone time again!!!
    Usually, the days come and go and I sometimes have to remind myself to eat! I know...it sounds like a lie, but no!...it's the absolute truth! But when it's "that time of the month" (ladies, you get my drift) my stomach becomes a bottomless...seriously....a BOTTOMLESS pit!!
   Yesterday was day 2 of me waking up STARVING! My girlfriend and I humored ourselves, talking back and forth on the phone, about food! I wasn't able to go out and get all of the crunchy, gooey, salty, chewy, "bad for me" things I was craving. And she's a care-giver of a relative who cannot be left alone, so she couldn't either! So...we talked our way through it.
   During the conversation she mentioned that a restaurant that makes a daily feast of wonderful homemade type foods here in Holyoke, called "Pat's", was having their daily Tuesday lunch special...Cheeseburger Chowder. I had never heard of Cheeseburger Chowder. Just the name though, sent my mind reeling over what that was, and how good it would taste!! But...alas...we couldn't get out...UNTIL...
   A reprieve!! A relative stopped by her house to give her a break for a while, to run errands or what not. Little did she know that the real errand that needed running was to "Pat's" for some Cheeseburger Chowder!!! LOL She called me and said: "You want some?!" I was like "You can't get out!!" After going back and forth about it...while she was on her way out the door...*Teehee*...we decided to be "bad girls" today and GET IT!!! {Don't you love girlfriends who can share your good...and your bad...with you! ^_^}
    Now, if I was sitting here eating leftover Cheeseburger Chowder while I was typing this blog, that would make for a good story! But I'm not! I ate the whole bowl of it yesterday. It was D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!!!! And I ate it so fast that I didn't even think about taking a picture of it!! Sorry. :-] And I didn't take a picture of the Sour cream and chocolate brownie that we shared either!! :-] But I DID get a picture of something else she got me from there...a homemade chicken pot pie!!
     She bought one from them that was frozen. I figured that since hubby wasn't going to be party to the "Party" of Cheeseburger Chowder I needed to have something for him to share...for dinner. And since I had never eaten their Chicken Pot pies...and I love to try something new....Okay, so I was still hungry!! :-] Sad, isn't it?!...So, at dinnertime, into the oven it went. The header picture is what it looked like about half way through.  The picture above is when it was almost done, except for a little more browning of the crust that had to take place. {I don't like pale looking crust...on anything!}
        It was all hot and bubbly,
       ...and the house smelled SO good!!! All that was left...after hubby came home, of course...was to cut into this 'bad boy' and, as they say in the South, "Greaze"! {I think it's a take-off on the word "graze"...like cows do. WHATEVER!} LOL With the white meat chicken, peas, carrots, potatoes, creamy sauce, and crunchy delicious crust dispersed all through it...
     ....it really hit the spot...that now 'hungry AGAIN' spot!
    I even had the nerve to have a sweet potato on the side...for fiber! ^_^
     And a little ginger ale to wash it all down.
     Awwwwww! Good!!....But now it's morning...And I am starving again!! UGH! Hormones!!...So, what will this day bring?! Or, rather, what will we go and get?!! Ha! Ha! Does this kind of hunger ever happen to you?!
      Since I'm thinking of food already, it only follows that cooking is on my mind. So, a repeat of this poem is in order! :-) Have a good day everybody!
     {By the way, I also woke up to 3 sales in my shop!!! YAY!!! I'm going to have to figure out how to get them ready to ship while I hunt for food!! Ha! Ha! }

Cooking

Flipping, Frying,
Flambeing, Filleting,
Burning, Browning,
Paring, Pureeing.

Boiling, Baking,
Mixing, Making,
Simmering, Scaling,
Sifting, Shaking.

Cooking, Crackling,
Cutting, Coring,
Sprinkling, Spattering,
Patting, Pouring,

Broiling, Battering,
Steeping, Steaming,
Timing, Tossing,
Cubing, Creaming,

Slicing, Scrambling,
Turning, Toasting,
Melting, Measuring,
Rinsing, Roasting.

Dipping, Dicing,
Skimming, Sauteing,
Poaching, Peeling,
Mincing, Microwaving.

Gathering, Grilling
Basting, Barbecuing,
Hacking, Heating,
Scoring, Skewering.

Standing, Stirring,
Rough, Tough,
Kitchen, Ditching,
Had Enough!

16 comments:

  1. Oh that pie looks so very delicious! Yummo! It's making the tuna pasta I have planned for tonight's dinner look not so exciting. Must make pie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a recipe for "Cheeseburger In Paradise" soup. Probably similar to your chowder, and you're right, it IS yummy!! The pot pit also looks delicious!! Got my stomach growling! LOL
    I saw your 3 sales last night before I went to bed! I'm SOOOO happy for you!!! Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!! Your scarves, mittens and hats are going to be winners this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, you have me drooling on my keyboard! That all looks sooooo good! And do I ever understand what you are talking about. And not all food will do on those days - it must be comfort food or dessert for me. The starchier the better! Well, I hope you find some more good food today!! And congrats on the sales!!! Love, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  4. ejorpin, Trust me when I tell you, it WAS delicious!! But I'm a fan of Tuna pasta too....and you actually can make tuna pot pie too you know!! :-]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummmmm....Cheeseburger In Paradise"!!! That sounds like it might be exactly like the Cheeseburger Chowder! That's all I needed...some more food to think about today! Thanks! LOL...And thanks for the rah rah in my corner about my Wuglyees sales last night. It was a very nice thing to wake up to...even though it wasn't eatable!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Silke, Ha! Ha! Need a napkin?!...Yep! I can tell you know what I mean!! Comfort food MEANS crunchy, chewy, sweet, and starchy, doesn't it?! If it wasn't for what I know it will do to my girlish figure...Ha!...I'd have a bib on and have a fork and spoon taped to each one of my hands for the net few days!!! ^_^ ... And thanks for the nice words about my sales too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha you poor thing! :D Think of it this way, while there are a lot of starving people in the world, you are still able to buy food for yourself! And maybe if you think of those people who can't, you wont feel so hungry anymore. ;)
    We all have woken up with a huge hunger. For me it's impossible to sleep when hungry. But that usually happens when I have had something big the day (or night) before.
    And I just ate! LOL

    Btw, I got a note from the post office today that there's a package from USA and I think it could be yours since I don't remember ordering anything else at the moment LOL Anyways, I'm too tired to visit the post office today, hopefully tomorrow then ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. UHHHHG now i'm hungry. The only time I have ever had my stomache feel that way was when I was a teenager and I would eat a box of Hostess ding dongs and drink a six pack of pepsi a day and never gain a pound. Now I watch every morsel
    to not gain weight. What time does to us women. Good luck in trying to be good but if you decide to be bad invite me to join in. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mariann, If I could think of all of the starving people in the world and have that stop me from being hungry, I would NEVER be hungry again...but at this time of the month "I" am one of the hungry people in the world!!! LOL {I'm joking of course.}...And YAY!!! My "babies" are almost home!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. SnowFlakeDreams1, WOW!!! Ding Dongs and Pepsi...Really?!!! Ha! Ha! My hubby would like that you did that! {Hostess Driver} Okay, sooooo...I'm not that hungry anymore!!! ^_^ But if I did eat that, hunger would not be my problem...I'd be completely knocked out somewhere for a few days!! The sugar, the sugar!!!...So far today I've only had peanut butter and Ritz crackers and some baked chicken and salad. So, I'm good!...If I decide to have some cupcakes...I'll call you though! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. My mouth is watering over the chicken pot pie pic. And the poem is cute,especially the last verse. I CAN cook (very well -- you know the family trait), but I don't often :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alicia, Doesn't it look good?!!! I can't wait to eat it again tonight...Leftovers!!! :-) And Oh Yeah, I'm sure you can cook! We carry the same genes!!! ^_^ One of these days I hope to see that first hand!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The SAME THING happens to me EVERY fall. I swear it is left over from being a cave woman whose body knew it needed to stock up for the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holyoke Home, Ha! Ha! If you only get this feeling every Fall you're already ahead of me!! Thanks for your comment. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yum! That pie looked delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jo-anne, It tasted better than it looked!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^