Sunday, January 2, 2011

I've Got A Date With Boucle'!

    I know! I'm late getting the blog up today. The reason is pretty typical of a menopausal woman. I went down for a "nap" yesterday evening, around 7 in the evening. {I had been up since around 4a.m. the night before} When I woke up, WIDE awake, it was 1:15 a.m.!!! Hubby woke up too, around 2:30.
    So.....since hubby was on vacation...and we hadn't been up this time of night {or day!} in a long time, we decided to have a party! Well, it was a party for us! LOL We toasted and shared a ham and cheese sandwich, and had a cup of green tea, while watching a couple of shows on Oprah Winfrey's new network!...Why not?! It was on! And we weren't going to sleep anytime soon anyway. :-) 
      She was showing the back story to how she did a couple of the shows for the new season. The one with the whole audience going to Australia was really good...and funny! :-] I'm looking forward to a couple of other shows now too. Especially the one where the kids kidnap their work-a-holic parents!
    Anyway.....we didn't go back to bed until around 3 or 4...I think! ^_^ It's all still a little fuzzy! But at 7:57 a.m. hubby woke me up in a rush: "BAE!! Wake up! The alarm didn't go off! You have to take your medication!!" So, that's my story today. Except for one addition....
     ....my melting snow, rain soaked, backyard...Yes! Rain! And my over-slept body, with the tune of "Achy-Achy" knows it!...Oh Yeah....and as I'm typing the blog, I look over and...it's foggy too! 

      We're suppose to get temperatures in the 40s today. Looks like it's going to be an interesting weather day.WHATEVER!!
     Hubby and I are going to be having a family Bible study this morning, and then I'm going to try to contact my customer to see if this is the right color for her scarf...

      ...It's soft Boucle', Rosewood Shades. It's kinda bumpy and very very soft!
      So, if this is the right one, I'll have a date with Boucle' today! I'm chomping at the bit to get started on it! I also got some white Boucle'....just for me! :-)


    Okay, so I'm off! If you're not having rain and fog today....enjoy the day anyway!! ^_^

Massachusetts Weather

Wind and wet, fog and rain;
Nagging joints and aches and pain.

Massachusetts weather fare.
Is this the weather everywhere?!

On real bad days it gets to me;
This 'weather change soliloquy'.

Look out the window, shake my head,
pull up the covers...back to bed!

8 comments:

  1. Deb, I like both of your yarn choices. They look so soft and warm. Great poem. Lucky you and the 40's temp. We are in the 20's here and at night it has dropped to 5 degrees. Can you send me some heat? ......LOL.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. SnowflakeDreams1, Yes, they are very soft. Both of the yarns. Maybe you better get going on a warm blanket for yourself! 5 degrees!! Yikes!...And I thought rain, fog, and snow was bad! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, the weather here has been crazy too...it was almost 60de. on Fri. and Sat...then today it's 20 and windy...brrrr..That yarn looks cozy even when it's not created into one of your "babies"! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yaya, I know...about the weather!! I mean, I know it's winter...or at least that's the scuttlebutt! ^_^ I guess we just have to hold on...who knows what's comig next!...And I agree about the yarn too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't sleep well these days either! Love the yarn. Your yard looks like mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan, Sleep? What's that?! :-) And thank you, about the yarn. I'm still waiting to hear from my customer about it...And I'd love to see YOUR yard!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snap I got up at 3am Hubby not! it's now 6.26 and I don't know whether to stay up or what, still dark outside and probably foggy. Love your wool, me I can't knit for toffee. great poem by the way. See you soon.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Krishenka, *Teehee*...I guess I got this too late to give you any advice!! ^_^ But thank you for the complement on my poem anyway!!

    ReplyDelete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^