Monday, January 31, 2011

My Weekend In Review

     As a lot of you know, this was a really rough weekend emotionally for me. Thanks to a lot of support though, just like this little bird, I was in good hands! :-] I was supported in all the ways a girl can be supported. And you all were a very big part of it! So, a "BIG GIRL"" Woot! Woot! to all of you!! ^_^ And in case some of you don't know what happened, you can read the weekend's blog posts...or...here is a quick synopsis, in picture form:
      YAY! For the Australian Open ending a wonderful 2 weeks!
      But "Booooo!" Neither of these 2 guys made it to the finals!
      And Nadal had some sort of injury that's going to have me worrying about him for a while! *sigh*
      Had some family members rain on my good mood...
     ...Actually, it was more of a sting!
       It had my head spinning for a while.
        And it didn't bring out the best in me...In fact, I was pretty mad!!
       Killer Kitty made a showing! LOL
      I had to go into recovery mode...Had to listen to some music...
        .....Had to lean on hubby for support...
       .....and for foot and back rubs.....and a good...
       "Love you honey!!" :-)
       And just when I thought I had a game plan and was on the road to getting things resolved so I could move on...Another personal connection from my past tapped on my good mood.
       *Deep Breath*
        But you know what?! I'm going to ride this wave too and see where it goes. Hey! I can always cut the cord if I want, right?!....But I'm going to think good thoughts, and hope that there's going to be some good coming out of this too!
     If not....and the original situation doesn't get resolved either...I've always got crochet!!!
      I'm making a pair of slippers for my girlfriend...brown. It's not something I have to do. Just something I want to do. I'm all about doing just that today!....The beginning of this week...
       What are you going to bring Monday?!....I don't mind telling you that, at this point, I'M SCARED!!!! LOL.....My emotions have run the gambit this weekend. I need a mental vacation, don't you think?! ^_^


Emotions

Frustration, excitement,
Great anger, Pure joy!
Deep sadness, elation,
intent to annoy.

Loving, disgusted,
triumphant, afraid.
Affection considered,
uneasiness weighed.

Cheerful, proud,
optimistic, despair.
Euphoric, in anguish,
gloom hanging there.

Emotions experienced,
the good and the bad.
Without feeling, sincerely,
what life have you had?!

You need hope and peace,
kindness and love.
An unemotional life is
Not much to speak of.

For the above photos I'd like to give credit and thanks to: Under the weather print by arian; Holyoke Merry-G-Round by Peter Palombella; Killer Kitty and the Rainbow photo by Silja Erg; The Concert by buildyourownart; Got Patience? Onesie by funkymonkeythreads; Monday, Monday Owl by danacarol

18 comments:

  1. Oh, those emotional roller coasters are tough!! I am so glad to see though that you know what to do to take care of yourself and that you have an amazing husband who uplifts you! Here's hoping that your Monday will be entirely boring - in a good way!! Love, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're feeling a bit more positive today my friend! Keep thinking that way, okay? And don't let up on your prayers either, that will continue to help you!
    I'm going in the ministry for the day today. Still very behind and we're in for a HUGE blizzard later this week.
    Take care!
    Btw.....Great poem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silke, Ha! Ha! Yes, let's have a boring one for a change, huh?!! Thanks for all of your supportive comments too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. CinLynn, Yes, I'm feeling better. I knew I would. Things knock me for a loop sometimes, but I'm like those "Weebles". I wobble, but I keep coming back up!!! ^_^ And the prayers for myself and by others are my normal, comforting routine. No change there!...Have a good day in the ministry...And we've got a snow storm and an ice storm, back to back, coming at us too!! *sigh* Get out in front of yours and....RUN!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just read your last few posts and my heart is breaking for you over how your family treated you. Sometimes people just don't get it!
    Your poem explained the 'why' to a degree, but it is still not really acceptable for family members to be jealous of each other. A split has happened in my family between my older sister and I, and it is over jealousies. Such a shame. I feel for the other people in our family who don't want to take sides, but want to see both of us. I hope your family soon realise how insensitive they have been and apologise to you. At least your dad got in touch with you, and he obviously loves you dearly. Thank goodness for husbands too, who feel our pain and know when we need them. Thinking of you, Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you can tell a story just by posting various pics! :) I hope everything works out for you in the end. And I need a holiday as well! SO BAD! LOL
    Will post my free desktop calendar now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. my dear I stopped by to tell you thank you for your words of support and I find that you yourself are on an emotional rollercoaster as well. I'm here for you. Allow yourself to feel the emotions. it's ok. and when you are ready (you will know when you are ready) you will feel better. I liked how you said your story via photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wendy, Awwww!Thank you so much!! I was sorry to hear about the split between you and your sister though. I think that's why this hurt me so much between my sisters, especially, and me. We took care of each other through some really tough times as kids. It's tough to know that the relationship I thought we were bonded in back then is not seen the same by them as it is by me...Or at least, that's what it appears has happened. No communication has directly happened yet...And F.Y.I., I think family should be honest about who or what is right or wrong and 'Take Sides' if need be!...to get things moving and cause some conversation! I always speak my mind, keeping my love for them at the core. I will this time too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mariann, Thanks! I love doing that, so I'm glad you appreciate it...and contribute to it for me sometimes too!! :-) Oooo! The February desk calendar!! I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Croatian_Latina, Thank you. I felt your situation with my heart this morning too! I guess we both have enough to keep us mentally busy, huh?! :-] And thank you for the encouragement about the story-telling with pictures. Oh! If only I had enough abilities with the camera!! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can you feel this HUG? It's for you my sweet bloggy friend. Hoping Monday gave you plenty of reasons to smile. Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Katherine, Yes I can! :-) Can you see my BIG smile?!...And Monday has given me reasons to smile.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loke the well you tell us a story with beautiful images. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Priscila, Thank you. :-) You know how to do that yourself too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know what to say to that, except keep smiling and just being you, because thats good right now, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  16. delia, I will keep smiling...and talking! Some things, no matter what, are gonna change!! I don't care how much they beg me not to either!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. We find out in tough times that the ones who support us are the ones who are true friends. (HUG)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Alittlesprite, So true! So true! :-]

    ReplyDelete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^