Friday, August 26, 2011

Oh Boy! I Hope This Is At Least Worth Writing About!!

       Some weather reporters 'crack me up!' One day they'll seemingly go to any lengths to scare the pants off of you, with updates about how 'catastrophic' the weather is gonna be. And once they have you right where they want you...terrified out of your mind!!...the next day they start saying things completely the opposite!!...to try to make you think that everything is gonna be 'just fine'!
       After looking at computer models of 'monster' hurricane Irene on one of my local news channels all day yesterday...
    (WWLP 22News)
       ...I woke up this morning in worried anticipation. I turned on the TV and started flipping around the TV dial, and came across another local weather man saying: "It's gonna be a great weather day today! No storms!!"...O_0 Huh?!
         Later in his report he 'did' start talking about 'Monster' Irene, but he played down how seriously she might affect our area!....Uhhhhhh!...he wasn't very convincing!! He kept saying: "We're 'likely' only gonna get...blah! blah! blah!...but just in case, BE PREPARED!!! Get flashlights, batteries, etc..." Ha!...I'm not buying it Mr. 'Unconvincing' Weather man!! ^_^
          As of now, I trust one weather man, Sam Champion, of Good Morning America. And he's kinda engaged and 'excited' (not necessarily in a good way) about the path of hurricane Irene...I had never seen a hurricane map look, or be explained, like this...

      Yikes! Boston is getting in my neck of the woods!!...Yep! Just what I thought!...We're not in the clear. New York certainly isn't!!! O_O I saw a worst case scenario video for New York......YIKES!!...And the weather reporters, brave...but crazy...bunch that they are....aren't making 'me' feel any better! Especially since they're showing the 'Big Girl' in action!!

      I'm gonna play it safe, if you don't mind, weather people! Hubby and I are preparing a 'disaster kit' of sorts, according to recommendations. They say your kit should include water, a radio, food, canned goods with an opener, medications, diapers, toiletries, cash, and a first aid kit....check! check!....hmmmmm.....diapers?! Okay!....check!! LOL
        They even said that once you get it together you want to be sure you take a quick inventory of it. You might think you've got things covered, but when the going gets tough you might realize you don't have it. And they also said you should have it all in one place....Makes sense to me!....Done!
        Okay, Irene! I'll be waiting...just like the people of Nassau, in the Bahamas...
     (WWLP 22News)
       And if you get too 'out of order' I'm gonna do like the people in North Carolina did yesterday.....
       ...and find me somewhere else to 'high-tail it' to!!...But Please let me know ahead of time, Big Girl! I need time!! I can't just pick up and move my whole 'Wug traveling band' in the blink of an eye!! LOL  And you know that after you cause your damage...like you did in new providence island ...I'd have a hard time getting away!!
      Thankfully I don't have to focus on 'getting away'...not just yet anyway! Instead I can do some crocheting, watch some old movies, or write some poems. {Besides, I have some other disturbing things on my mind...*sigh* I'll tell you about that tomorrow. :-( I've certainly got enough inspiration for some writing now, for sure!!}
      In fact, I was inspired by the journal in the header photo. I saw it in Cindy' s (CinLynnBoutique) new treasury entitled A Emerald Night Out
      She also included my emerald and green lapel pin for men...
      Thank you Cindy, for giving me a little something else to think about today. :-]
      And I'd also like to thank you too Donna Carrick!...for throwing a little advertisement my way by way of wearing my necklace out where everyone could see it, and by saying such nice things about it...and me! 
        It allowed me to meet a great customer! :-) Therefore, I'd like to throw a little advertisement your way too!...Anybody that's into reading. She's a writer! So is her husband! And they're publishers! Check out Carrick Publishing!
     I can never get too many views of my necklaces being worn on a satisfied customer's neck!! :-) And that's tons better than looking at this!...
        I gotta go look at some hummingbirds for a while, and plan a rather subdued 'Date Night'. We're not able to travel the globe today. I'll explain tomorrow. It'll probably be soup and 'Scrabble'...if we even get to be in the same place. :-(
     But it's alright. We kinda had a 'Date Night' already. We took some footage of the wasp war going on out in the backyard...and we did voice-overs...kinda! LOL I'll share that with too tomorrow...maybe. :-] Have a good weekend...if you can. And if you can't...think happy thoughts about next week's! Sometimes that's the best you can do.

Going Out With My Baby

Going out with my baby.
Or going nowhere, but it's alright.
Playing games and constant laughing.
I think it's gonna be a great 'Date Night'!

Going out with my baby.
Or staying in, and hugging tight.
Eating all the things we shouldn't.
But smiling through every single bite!

Going out with my baby.
And visiting 'virtually' every sight.
All dressed up or in our jammies,
We're having fun. You know that's right!!

18 comments:

  1. Helloooooo! I've been away and have missed your blog :-( Scary stuff about Irene; lots of friends over where it might hit. Make sure you stay safe and if they tell you to evacuate, please do so! Not sure about the diapers though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creating Trouble, Hellooooo! :-) I hope you were somewhere with lots of good food and sun!...Yeah, we're in 'Scary-Land' at the moment. And don't worry. I'm not the 'stand-on-the-beach-in-a-hurricane' type of girl! I'm the 'What!-It's-coming-next-week!-Let-me-run!!!' type of girl! ^_^ Diapers and all!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8/26/2011

    Hi Deb, I don't know why they down play it either. It is a very scary storm. They said where the eye is that it can go 200 miles past the eye in both directions. SCARY!!!! It sounds like you are prepared, remember to fill up your gas tank and charge your cell phone. You as well as all of our friends and family are in our prayers. BE SAFE!!! I think soup and scrabble sounds delish!! Something simple can be just as fun when you are with you special person. Can't wait to read your blog tomorrow, you have me intrigued... HUGS... Peg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peg, You are so right!! It is a very scary storm...VERY!! I think anybody planning to play around with it would be a fool! And I never use that word to refer to people. But just let me see somebody outside during the strong winds trying to take pictures or something!!!!....FOOL!!! ^_^ ...Thanks for the reminder about the cell phone!! We didn't think of that!...{fool! LOL}...Full tank of gas?!...Check! We thought of that...Had a lot of stuff to think about the last couple of days. Why can't life...and hurricanes...leave my 'Date Night' alone!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you are scared my friend, but don't forget the ONE PERSON to lean on through this for comfort! I sure have been talking to Him!! I hope your local weather person is right and it will calm down before it gets to you.
    I know that tomorrows post will be a hard one for you. I've thought about that all night. Just like the Bible says...."time and unforeseen occurrences befall us all." Still hard. And I think about your Dad. I ache inside for him! Please give him a hug for me.

    And thank you for promoting my treasury. I've had way too much time on my hands lately. That will be changing in less than a week though! LOL As for the journal...I LOVE that! I WANT that! I don't have money for THAT!! LOL

    And you're welcome. Take care my friend! I'm with you through this (in mind and heart)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CinLynn, No worries about me forgetting HIM!! I've been praying in between every rise of scariness and concern! LOL I'm actually a lot more calm than I sound, surprising even to me! My exclamation points are my down-fall!!!!! ^_^ Thanks for the reminder of the Ecclesiastes reference too. So so true!..I will give dad your hug... :-)...and please continue to keep me in your prayers. It's definitely appreciated right now...I'm going to keep you in my prayers too! A new year is coming!! Let's hope good Paradisaic things are in store! :-]

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had a tornado watch on Wednesday evening. Our local news cp24 was covering it as if it were the story of the century! Then, there was no tornado warning but plenty of rain and lightening. It was covered for 2 hours solid. The worst part: I watched the entire thing! lol.

    Enjoy your subdued date night!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deb, I hope and pray that you and the many others will be safe from the hurricane. It must be very scary for all of you that are in the path. Hopefully it will die down or take another direction away from people thats all we can pray for. All of you in that area are in our prayers. Hope you have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa, Yikes! A tornado watch!!...I'm glad it didn't materialize...And yeah, once the weather people start hyping it, it's hard to drag yourself away!! Their excitement...those crazy people...is contagious!! ^_^ Thanks for the 'Date Night' well wishes. Taking it low and slow tonight...I hope you have a good weekend though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SnowflakeDreams1, Thank you so much for all of the encouraging words! :-) We're gonna try to be mindful and careful. Otherwise...it's up to Irene!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you're ok, been busy and not been able to catch up every day with you :) the weathermen always seem to get the weather prediction wrong in the UK!! when they say rain for us it is sunny and when they say the sun will be out it rains!! I ignore what they say now and just look at the sky ;)

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    Enter me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous8/26/2011

    I know- those weathermen are scaring the pants off me! Like you, I'm going to prepare some supplies "just in case", but I hope Irene stays clear of your neck of the woods! Best wishes and stay safe this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh goodness! How SCARY!! Definitely praying for your family and your neck of the woods! You are SO smart to be prepared for this, because I'm afraid a lot of people are ignoring the warnings :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bee Happy, Yeah, sometimes the weather men are like that here too...but this time they are all unusually on the same page! We're 'IN FOR IT!!' LOL So, we're preparing for the worst and hoping for the best.:-) I hope you have a good weekend!...And you're entered.

    ReplyDelete
  15. HazelandMare, Yeah, I probably should stay away from the TV at this point! I keep hoping that the next report will be better....and it's getting progressively worse...and waaaay more scary!!!! O_O Oh well, we'll do what we 'can' do, and after that it'll be out of our hands. I'm trying to be alert, but not unreasonably afraid...You stay as safe as you can too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Courtney, It always makes me crazy to think that people see the warnings and just ignore them out of 'wishful thinking'!!! To me, that's craziness!!! If the worst happens to me it won't be because I was 'acting a fool!' LOL Warn me and watch me ACT!!!! ^_^ I'm always still hoping though...and praying like a crazy woman!! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is a bit scary hearing about Irene. It reminds me of what Queensland went through earlier this year with Yasi & Anthony.
    I am glad to hear that you are preparing an emergency kit. It's always good to have one of those. That reminds me I need to ask Mark to check ours so that we can rotate some of the foods we've put away. We keep ours just in case there is a bushfire.
    I heard that there were a lot of people who refused to evacuate because they don't trust the government warnings. I hope they know what they are doing.
    Enjoy your quiet date night.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jo-anne, Yes, I remember when you got the hurricanes in your area! NO FUN having to be scampering around...with everybody else it seems...looking for water, batteries, etc. But all we can do now is wait!...And for all of those people who don't know how to follow directions. "SHAME ON YOU!!!" Even if it doesn't hit as bad as it seems, it's always better to be safe than sorry!...I hope you have a good day today Jo.

    ReplyDelete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^