Saturday, January 28, 2012

Ahhh! The Blue Looks Good On You!

(Photo by WILLIAM WEST/AFP/Getty Images) 2012 AFP)

       I was up early again this morning... 3 a.m. ...to see the LIVE women's final at the Australian Open. As you can see by the header photo, congratulations goes to Victoria Azarenka!!! :-)

(Photo by Clive Brunskill/Getty Images) 2012 Getty Images)

       She truly played her heart out!!...I almost felt bad for Maria Sharapova, her opponent, because even though Victoria lost her serve right out of the gate, it was clear shortly after she composed herself that she was not gonna be denied the win!!
      It was well worth waking up before the sun to see! :-) Now I can hardly wait to wake up early tomorrow for the men's final! :-) That's gonna be a doozy of a match too...Rafael Nadal versus Novak Djokovic! :-) I hope Novak is all rested up by then, after that 5 set match with Andy Murray yesterday!! Good stuff!...He's gonna need every ounce of energy he can muster if he has any hope of beating Rafa again!
       Okay, on to more 'self-serving' news! :-) My baby blue brooch from my Wuglyees Etsy shop...
             ...made a Baby Blue and White treasury!...


        It was curated by RozelynnsNeedleArt..."Thank you for including me!" :-)

      Such cute blues!...






       There's other cute blues in this treasury too! If you wanna see the whole treasury you can click HERE.
           On to other news...date night last night consisted of complete quiet time, tacos, and Tony Bennett collaborations with other singers,...singing standards!...Trust me when I tell you, you haven't seen a standard sung until you've seen Tony Bennett and Willie Nelson singing 'Sunny Side of the Street', or Tony Bennett and Lady GaGa singing 'That's why the lady is a tramp'! 
       Oh Yeah! I almost forgot to show you my latest crochet project. Nothing spectacular. Just gray...
        I made it with the leftover gray yarn I had after I finished the scarf...

       I don't have any more gray now. This flower took almost every single inch of what I had!...Hopefully I can get hubby to take some photos of the scarf today, and I can show it to you tomorrow. But for now, on to the next project! :-) ...
        Another "Sack" hat!...But this time....turquoise!

        I'm gonna use up every bit of yarn I have in this house.......ONE DAY!!!! LOL In the meantime, I hear a western omelet, sausages, and a cup of coffee calling my name!...P-O-E-T-E-S-S-W-U-G!!!! ^_^
     Have a good weekend everybody! :-)

All The Things I Love

If I listed all the things I've loved
I could rattle on forever!
Whether by 'order of importance'
or by a poeticly quick endeavor.

Right now it's Tennis...Well, all sports,
and reading informative magazines.
And crocheting, food and music.
Well..that might be in my genes!

I've loved teaching and line dancing,
So many things in my short life.
But I've never jumped from a plane,
or wittled anything with a knife!

With every passing moon
I find some other thing that I love.
Whether grassy patterns on my lawn,
or phenomenal skies above.

Yes, if I listed all the things I loved
my words could fill all space,
It comes from curiosity,
and an Ooo-ing Awww-ing place!      

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful blue treasury! Congrats!! I love the turquoise! So pretty!
    Enjoy your omelet. I need to make hubby some breakfast before he leaves for service too. I don't dare go out with the howling winds and snow. Have a great morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks 'Bead'! I thought it was pretty too!...And the turquoise hat is pretty to crochet, but is anybody gonna buy it? That's the $18.00 question?! ^_^ ... I had my omelet with all of the onions, peppers, mushrooms and cheese. It was delicious! I hadn't had one in a long time. I also had my coffee! ^_^ But we didn't get snow...Thank you very much for taking one on the chin for us! LOL...I hope you guys had a good morning. I'm sure you did! :-) Have a good rest of the day as well!

      Delete
  2. You are a dedicate tennis fan!! I love that! :)

    And the treasury is gorgeous - blue is such a soothing color, isn't it? Your gray brooch is beautiful as well as the turquoise beginnings of the hat. You have been busy!!

    Enjoy your breakfast and the weekend!

    Hugs, Silke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^_^ Yes I am, Silke! No matter what I'm doing I try to be dedicated to it. Why should tennis be any different, right?! :-]...Thanks for the nice words about the treasury and my hat and gray brooch flower too! Although I never think of making my flowers as a 'busy' work. I love making them almost as much as I love writing poems. :-)...Have a good rest of the weekend! I hope mine is as delicious as breakfast was! ^_^

      Delete
  3. I thought Maria would win.I was shocked.Oh well good for the up and coming stars right?I do love blue,I adore your blue brooch,so pretty.

    Have a nice and cozy weekend..cute poem.I seemed to have lost my poetry touch for a bit(ha I never really had any)But maybe I will come up with a little something in a few blogs from now.Have a good one my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becky!...I think almost everybody though that Maria would win, but, in fact, Victoria gave her a good old 'beat-down', 'took her to the wood shed', 'laid one on her'! LOL The 2nd set was 6-0!! Maria didn't even get a game!!! O_O ...And I'm glad to know that even though you're truly a 'pink' girl, you also can appreciate a little 'blue' every now and again! ^_^ Thanks for the nice words...Having a nice rest of the weekend! And I'll be waiting for you to get your poetry back! LOL

      Delete
  4. Deb, Thank you for sharing such a gorgeous treasury. Love all the blues in it. Not amazing that you were up early watching the womens final. I am not the kind of person who would get up to watch sports....LOL... Have a Great Day!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure to share it Velma. I'm glad you liked it...And, truthfully, I don't know a lot of 'women' that would get up as early as that to watch tennis!...*giggle*...but as we know, I'm not every woman! I'm just a sack hat crocheting, poetry writing, tennis loving...ME!!! ^_^ {I know I'm not alone though!}

      Delete
  5. I love baby blue. I'm not sure if it's because of the colour or the fact that the word baby is used lol. Thanks to you I get my crazy hour sports updates! Otherwise I wouldn't have any idea who won - I can just never seem to find it on TV anymore. I noticed they moved must of the sports from the big channel to sports dedicated specialty channels - they get lost easily up in the 100's.
    Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^_^ I think I kinda knew that about you. Your treasuries have that soft shading of gray to blue a lot...And glad to be here for you with the sports updates! LOL I have "The Tennis Channel" on cable (channel 266 here). Otherwise I wouldn't see them either. Although the internet site plays them LIVE too I think! Have you tried looking there...at the

      http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/index.html

      website? It might actually have it LIVE. I haven't watched the semi or final matches, but I saw earlier ones there!

      Delete
  6. Wow those cameo ear-rings look amazing! Congrats on being included in another treasury. I can see why your brooch was added. That blue is such a pretty shade :)

    I guess you would've been up early again to watch the mens tennis final too. It was still going when I turned the tv off a short time ago. I don't know how the players can play in this icky sticky humid weather we've got right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing, aren't they! Of course you knew I'd say that. They have flowers! ^_^ And thank you for the nice words about the treasury, and my brooch...And yes indeed-y! I'm watching the men's final...biting my fingernails down to the nubs!! LOL Have a good day, Jo!

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^