Friday, January 27, 2012

If I Had The Money......

       Sometimes I see things when I'm roaming around on Facebook, Twitter or Etsy that make me say: "Oooooo! If I had the money, that would be mine right now!"...And since I'm sitting here again today...at 5:27 a.m....watching another exciting tennis match...the other half of the men's semi-finals...between Andy Murray and Novak Djokovic...and I can't concentrate on my typing enough to give you any focused conversation, I thought I'd show you some of the things that I've been 'hearting' lately. Things that, if I had the money, I'd be buying for somebody right now!
      The first thing would definitely be that gorgeous little necklace in my header photo! I don't know what a penny farthing actually is...I thought it was money (which is why I'm not sure why the necklace is considered a penny farthing O_0 Could it be made out of a coin or something?!)...but I don't have to know what it is. I have eyes! I can see that pretty bike with the flowers in it's spokes, and that would be all I'd need to shell out my farthing...if I had one...or some!..I think that's money, right?!! ^_^
     SPOILER ALERT:......Djokovic won the first set...6/3...and Murray just won the 2nd set...6/3! So while I'm showing you the other 'would be' purchases of mine, I'll be intensely watching this match! Murray has never beaten Djokovic in a semi-final, so he's trying to do the almost impossible!...But he has the great tennis player, Ivan Lendl, in his corner this year! :-) And Lendl's influence on Murray's thinking process seems to already be working! Murray doesn't seem as intimidated by Djokovic this time!
      Okay...I'm gonna stop talking , and start showing you now! ^_^ ...
        I'd hang this photo in my kitchen. Somewhere near the table where breakfast is eaten. It would make all future breakfasts an eye-pleasing experience! :-)

      My morning coffee would go in these!....Yes! I would be having me some piping hot coffee!! LOL

       I'd be wearing these 'bad boys' on my feet, under the breakfast table! :-] ...Or these, with the rose brooches on them! (also from her shop)...

       After breakfast I'd do a little crocheting. And I'd love to make some of my flowers in these colors!...
      
*** GAME UPDATE: Murray is up 2 to 1 in the 3rd set. He just broke Djokovic's serve!!! ***

      I'd buy this for my girlfriend's little boy. The less bow tying you have to do when you're a mom...the better! ^_^ {By the way, I didn't know it until I looked to see where the bow tie came from, but it's from CastAwayCollection , the same shop that I shared the granny square pillow cover from the other day! :-) She, Tracy Roul, did a post about my blog post, on her site HERE! :-) So nice!}

        I'd buy this for my 'baby boy' hubby! ^_^ I could just see this in his garden in the Spring!....which could be next week according to the kind of weather we're having lately! O_0

         I'd buy these to give to one of my girlfriends...and then I'd probably keep them for myself! LOL

       I'd buy this for my spur-of-the-moment gift stash! :-) Do you have these?! A few gifts on hand for when something unexpected comes along that you just need to give a gift for?!...I think it's great because any traveler or game player could appreciate it.

       I have just the perfect spot for this!...If I had the money to buy it, that is! :-)

      And lastly, if I had the money, I would buy these...JUST BECAUSE!!! ^_^ Just because they're pretty! And just because they have butterflies and music notes all over them! :-)

*** GAME UPDATE: It's 6/5 in the 3rd set now. Murray is serving to go to a tie-break. It's just been fabulous tennis!!! ***

     Hmmph!....Looking back up the post....I see I actually did find some things to talk about! ^_^ But I'm done now!....Bye! Have a good day everybody! :-)

  I Like To Talk

I like to talk;
I like to gab;
I like a girlfriend
free confab!

I like to chat;
I like to speak;
I find that words
are what I seek.

I like the chatter
of a crowd;
Not in a whisper,
but out loud.

But, please no talking
while you chew.
{Speaking does 
have manners too!}

I like the noise
that utterance does.
The constant
conversation buzz.

Maybe I need a
word-free diet;
No! I could not
withstand the quiet!

So, I will talk;
Oh yes! I'll dabble
in a constant
lingo babble.

30 comments:

  1. It always amazes me when you do these posts highlighting some finds on etsy - how amazingly creative we can all be. No matter what we all decide to focus on, it's possible for each of us to find our own way of expressing creatively and make our mark.

    And I love your poem! I'm one who wakes up ready to chat. Daniel doesn't. So I talk to the dog and cat... :-)

    Enjoy your tennis matches!!! Hugs, Silke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Silke!...Actually, it's not hard to find things to feature! As you said, there are some amazingly creative people on Etsy! I could do these posts every single day if I wanted to!...And thanks for the nice words about the poem too. It's tough being 'chatty' when there's no one to chat with, isn't it?! ^_^ I KNOW!!!,,,By the way, the match is now tied up again! They both have 2 sets a piece! Only one more set to go! *A nail-biter!!!* :-]

      Delete
  2. so many beautiful choices! thank you for including mine :) and now it's time for my morning coffee and slippers...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How right you are!! :-] And it was my pleasure to include your earrings!...Enjoy your morning! :-) And thanks for the nice comment.

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much Deb for featuring my "bow tie." Just love it. Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did find some awesome "gifts"! I say "gifts," because I wonder how many you would actually be able to give and how many you would end up keeping! LOL If you're like me, you'd have trouble parting with any of them! Great selections!!
    I'm glad the tennis has been so good for you too. Sounds like you're having a great time with it for sure.

    Love the poem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cin!..Yes, I guess you're right about the "gifts"! LOL Although I can safely say that the bow tie would, indeed, be a gift!! ^_^ Thanks for the nice words about the poem. I hope you enjoy your day as much as I'm enjoying my tennis! :-)

      Delete
  5. Goodmorning!I lovee that Pomegranate photo.I like the idea of the kitchen for it as well.I adore the pink earrings as you know I love pink hehe.Oriental decorative bowl is lovely.But my favorite are the pears,sooooo cute.I love the musical notes one.My youngest daughter just got her own house.She loves pears and music,Im thinking about getting that for her.Thanks for sharing.



    Thanks for the visit too!I love that bathroom but I wouldnt be able to afford the chandeleir.But thats not a problem.Everything else is just to cute.

    Funny poem,"dabble in a constant lingo babble" my favorite part lol.
    Have a great weekend my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Becky! :-) Looks like you like some of the same things I do, huh?! And if you decide to get the pears, I know your daughter will love them!...Thanks for the input and nice words about my poem too! That "is" what we engage in, isn't it? Lingo babble I mean?! ^_^ Have a good day, Becky!

      Delete
  6. Anonymous1/27/2012

    Hi! This is thepokeyrose, and I want to thank you for highlighting my pears!

    And I can solve the "penny farthing" question for you! Those are the names of two British coins, one being very small compared to the other. So that style of bicycle in real life is called a penny farthing in reference to the size of the wheels! Interesting bit of trivia!

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! :-) It was my pleasure to share those beautiful pears! You may not have them much longer! ^_^ And thank you so much for the trivia info!! Now I know! :-] ... I love it when I learn something new!

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much for popping on my Penny Farthing necklace! I'm guessing you've figured out its just a type of cycle now? ;-) one small and one large wheel.. This is such a lovely blog.. I try to keep one too, but I'm a bit rubbish!! Once again, heart felt thanks x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claire!...It was my pleasure to share your beautiful necklace! And yes, "Anonymous", in the comment above yours here, explained about the penny farthing. :-) So cool!...Thank you for the nice words about my blog too! And don't fret about the blog. I'm learning as I go and not expecting anything. Just enjoying it!...Please stop by again! :-]

      Delete
  8. Anonymous1/27/2012

    Hi! I was so pleased this morning to see my oriental bowl featured with all the other lovely gift items.
    Since joining Etsy last Sept., I have discovered many wonderfully talented people. Thank you so much for including me in your blog!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicki! :-) I was pleased to see your oriental bowl too! It's so pretty! It was my pleasure to show it off!...As you say, there are indeed some wonderfully talented people on Etsy...you included! :-) Thanks for stopping by. Please stop by again any time!

      Delete
  9. Deb, it's just amazing how words flow like music on your posts. Lady you have talent. Thank you for sharing all your wonderful etsy finds and keeping us updated on the match. Hope you are having a wonderful day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Velma, Awwwwww! 'Words flow like music'...that is the nicest complement you could pay this old chatty girl! :-] Thank you so much!...Even though I know that non-sports fans probably don't agree with you these days! :-)))) Don't go and make my head big. I have regular size doorways around here!! ^_^ And besides, I don't wanna start over-thinking what I say!! So far...it's just me being me!!...Thanks Vel!...Have a good rest of the day! :-)

      Delete
  10. Evening lots of lovely things to look at here today ;-) A penny farthing was a British bike it had one large wheel at the back and a smaller one at the front. It was an odd looking thing really but if you look back in history even women used to ride them in victorian times with their long skirts on. Have a lovely weekend, dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee! :-) Yes, I've been learning all kinds of things now about the penny farthing! That's for filling in the information cracks for me! ^_^ Have a good weekend!

      Delete
  11. These are all great! I like the first necklace, very cute.
    I hear you, there are so many things right now that I would love to get and I say: " if I had money..."
    Anyways, it's all good.
    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Priscila! I'm glad you liked them. And I guess I'm not the only one that says that, huh?! ^_^ It's probably good that I don't have all the money I want!!...Have a good weekend!

      Delete
  12. You always find some gorgeous pieces :) love the slippers with the flower on. Have a wonderful weekend sweetie

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bee!...I try! :-] Etsy makes it pretty easy to find gorgeous pieces, though. And I agree with you about the rose brooch slippers!...You have a good weekend too, Bee! :-)

      Delete
  13. I can just see that wooden truck in the garden with lots of flowers spilling over the sides. It would look lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. a beautiful gathering-- I'm delighted to have 5gardenias included here! many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the nice words...It was my pleasure to share your beautiful mugs. :-)

      Delete
  15. Good afternoon! I finally had some time to catch up reading my favorite blogs. Last week we traveled to Texas and I had so much work after being only gone for 2 days. Then Beli is getting over a cold, not much sleep and our house is a mess but here I am catching up on my reading!LOl.
    Hubby was giving me the update on the Australian open, Nadal against Djokovic, that kid is something else, my in-laws were also watching and of course they are so proud I think he is from Serbia?) which is across the border from Croatia.

    have a wonderful rest of your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elisa!...What a complement, to say that this is one of your favorite blogs! :-) That's nice!...I noticed that you've been doing a bit of traveling lately. And it appears that Beli has been enjoying some of the little trips too! :-) Sorry she had a cold though. :-( ...So, your hubby is a tennis fan too?! :-) And yes, Djokovic is from Serbia. He's a fabulous tennis player. So is Nadal, for that matter. That was the best match ever!!! I look forward to many more battles between them on the court. :-) ...Okay, have a good week this week. Back to the daily grind, right?! :-)

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^