Monday, January 30, 2012

So THIS Is Why They Call It 'Blue Monday'!


      No more Australian Open until next year. :-( ...Boo hoo...Yes, I'm blue about it. But my 'blue-ness' about there being no more tennis for a couple of weeks is not gonna take me completely out of the sports game! ^_^ The football Super Bowl is coming up, and I have a little date with Wimbledon on my calendar too! :-)
    This weekend there was also figure-skating and basketball! :-)) But before I move on...let me say a big CONGRATULATIONS to the winner of the Australian Open this year...Novak Djokovic!!!...He didn't waltz through his match the way Victoria Azarenka did for the women's singles match though. Rafael Nadal made him TAKE IT from him!!! It was a fabulous match, from start to finish! 
      It broke a record too, as the longest match ever! Almost 6 hours of fun...for those of us who were watching! They suffered....BAD! In fact, it was too bad there couldn't have been two winners this time!....Oh Well. They'll battle again, I'm sure of it! :-) And I'll be watching!
      Moving on!......My blue-ness today is for two other reasons too. One being the fact that my little blue crochet necklace was included in yet another treasury!...
     
     The treasury was entitled BLUE ON BLUE ON BLUE...

       It was curated by Ronnye and Stephanie of WeKnitWeBead. I'm very thankful to have my little crochet 'baby' in the company of all of those creatively blue fellow Etsians. :-)
     My favorite item in this whole collection...besides my 'baby'...


       Very pretty, right?! :-] ... I agree!

     Moving on to my last news of blue-ness, which is of a more personal nature.  On Saturday hubby ran out to grab something from the store. A quick in...and out! I was home minding my business. The phone rang...and he had 'THAT'' sound in his voice! O_O
     He was on the side of the highway. The car just died on him! O_0 He called a friend to get a ride home, and to help him get the car either to the shop, or home. As his friend was pushing the car, hubby turned the ignition ONE MORE TIME!...you know how you do that out of a wish for a miracle! LOL...and it actually started!!!
    So he drove the car home and parked it, and spent the rest of the day Saturday and Sunday talking with car people about the car....What to do with THE CAR!!! Aargh!...Here we go again with the car...Well, THIS car now!! Aargh!...Can somebody tell me when that Jetson's conveyor belt type travel system is gonna be installed?! LOL Right next to the highway would be good for me...with a slight detour to my house and his job! ^_^
    Yep! The car situation is making me blue today...And since I still don't have music on my computer now...the part didn't come in yet...it's a good thing I still have crochet! :-) ... I can't show you the scarf I finished though...or the turquoise blue hat and flower either! :-) because the car took precedence over taking pictures of my crochet items!....Stupid car! O_O ...Oops! Who said that?! LOL
    I'm working on a white hat today, and doing some studying. I may be able to show it to you tomorrow...but I'm not promising. O_0
     I have ZERO names in the bag for my Giveaway this time, so I guess it'll be coming out of the rotation. ^_^ ... I'm not blue about that though...because I like it myself! :-] ... Okay, Blue Girl....OUT! Have a good week everybody! :-)

Monday, Monday, Monday

Here comes another Monday!
Your frantic work week has begun!
Say goodbye to 'Take It Easy',
and all those things you haven't done.

Four more week days are ahead,
seeming like they'll never end.
But just think, before you know it,
"weekend" will be round again.

Lift your attention, all you mothers;
Week day workers, "Out The Door!"
Time to file, and diaper babies,
walk and scrape things off the floor.

Here comes another Monday!
Whether you want it to, or not!
Say goodbye to 'Take It Easy'.
You've got things to do...a lot!

Monday, Monday, Monday!
Why do you have to come so fast?!
And you stay so long! Why can't
the weekend 'Take It Easy' last?!

16 comments:

  1. All those blues are very pretty together. It was a blue kind of day for me too because I wore blue to work! Sorry to hear about your car trouble. We had so much car trouble over two years, and had always vowed we would never spend the kind of money people spend on cars, but finally we realised that if you don't spend a bit of money you get a lemon. So we bought a really nice car, and, touch wood, have had no problems. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wendy!...But I'm sorry that you had a blue day too!...Cars!.....UGH!...Well, I hope tomorrow is a better day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue is a fantastic colour! Sorry about the blue day though (ENTER ME)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Susan!...And YAY! Someone wants my crochet 'baby'! LOL You're my only entry right now, so it may be yours day after tomorrow. We'll see! ^_^ Thanks!

      Delete
    2. I hope I'm not the only one now. I blogged about it so hopefully sending some love and entries your way.

      Delete
    3. Awww! Thank you very much! And now...you're not the only one! :-))

      Delete
  4. Anonymous1/30/2012

    Great! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb, congrats on making it onto another treasury. I'm sorry that things in life have you blue. Hopefully things will get better. Enter me please. Hope you find a ray of sunshine in your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Velma! :-) I almost can't believe that people are always picking my things for their treasuries! But I'm thankful they do. More exposure is...more exposure, right?! ^_^ As to the Giveaway, you're my 2nd entry! :-) And as to the ray of sunshine...yep! I got some of that today too, and a few flakes of snow too!...and it wasn't a dream! LOL

      Delete
  6. Sorry about the car situation. I do know about those things myself. Not fun! Not fun at all!!!
    Congrats on the treasury entry! I love that color blue and so really love this one!
    Hope your part comes in soon for your music. It's quiet without it, I'm sure. Especially with tennis over. Hubby watched the last match yesterday too. Wow! Those guys can really play!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How right you are, Bead! NOT FUN!!! Just one more frustration is what it is!!!...Thanks about the treasury though...And YAY! The part for my speakers came in today! I'll be back in the music tomorrow! :-] ... And if you keep watching tennis with your hubby, you and I will be old tennis buddies too in no time at all!! ^_^ Have a good night my friend.

      Delete
  7. Deb,

    Saturday night one of our friends called my hubby for a ride home. His car had died on the highway...
    Sorry to hear about the car situation.
    But I love all those blue items. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm....What's with the highways killing cars these days! LOL...Anyway! I'm glad you liked my blues. :-)

      Delete
  8. So sorry to hear about the car. It's the last thing you want to go wrong isn't it. I'm glad that hubby made it home though. I hope your car will be all fixed soon.
    Love the blue treasury. There are some really great items in it :) your necklace for one and that fringe scarf looks pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. :-( It's frustrating to be dealing with rides everywhere and car repairs. UGH! Hopefully we'll be able to get it fixed soon...I'm glad you liked the blue treasury too! Thanks for the nice words about my necklace. It was in good company, wasn't it?! :-)

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^