Tuesday, January 24, 2012

With No Music...What Did I Do Yesterday?!

        Nope! No music yesterday. Well...actually there's been no music for a few days now. And not because I don't want to listen to it either!...*sigh*...My speakers on my computer are 'heading for the hills'. :-( When I try to go to Youtube to listen to music...or hear any other video sounds...all I get is a funky vibrating going on in the middle of my songs...if I can hear the song at all!
     My 'techie' girlfriend is on the case though. She ordered me some new speakers and as soon as they get in she'll install my 'sound machine' back in, and I'll be ♫ 'back in the high life again' ♫! ^_^ 
    The truth is...I wouldn't have listened to much music yesterday anyway. I had a lot of studying, reading, and tennis watching to do!...not to mention a nap or two! I'm trying to get all of my 'ducks in a row' so that I can indulge in this last week of the Australian Open without guilty feelings. Guilt that I'm not taking care of my priorities and responsibilities in a timely and respectful manner....Well.....DONE! :-) 
     The only other things I need to make sure about are that the cleaning lady can get in to clean the house tomorrow....*I might be too distracted to make sure the door gets opened! LOL*...and that I have a crochet project on my needle...for the time in between watching the tennis matches...*crocheting is my commercial. ^_^*
    But, believe it or not, I did have some extra time yesterday...It seemed like the tennis players wanted to get those matches OVER quick, with that high heat they were playing in!...So, what did I do with my 'extra' time?!...I made a treasury!
        It's entitled 'Beauty In Beige And Black!'...The header photo was one of the photos I chose. I saw it when I was searching for a picture to share with you to tell you the story about my lack of music yesterday. But as I was looking through the search on Etsy, I started seeing all of these beautiful beige and black items....and a new treasury was born. :-)
     You can follow the link over to the actual treasury by clicking the treasury photo or clicking the name of the treasury. But I'd like to share a few of my favorites right here...






      Some really cool items, huh?!...It was fun searching around and finding such nice things for my color scheme. Now if only I had enough money to be able to afford to buy them all! LOL...But No! All of my money has gone to the tax man. Over $700! And it hurt too!!...But hopefully we'll get it back when we file our taxes later this month...*sigh*
    For all of you tennis watchers like me, I'm typing and watching Nadal and Berdych go at it! They both have a set a piece and it's 2 to 2 in the third set. It's gonna be a good one!....down to the very end!!!...Although Berdych is already stretching his legs and stuff. Nadal is running him ragged!! ^_^ So FUN!!!!!!
     Later today I've got to do some practicing on my embroidery stitches...
       I've done a little bit, but it's nerve-racking and frustrating! I need quiet to really get good at it....and since I haven't had quiet...because of my tennis ^_^ ...I've been putting the practicing off. But LIVE tennis will be over in a couple of hours, and my nap after that will only last for a short time ^_^. And since I can't listen to music, and all of my studying is done, I'll have all the quiet I need!!!...So, here I come embroidery!! :-)
       Have a good day everybody!...And don't forget to enter the Giveaway...Click the fuzzy keychain picture on the right hand side bar for details. Seeing someone take my 'fuzzy baby' home would be music to my ears. :-)

Where would we be without music?

Where would we be without music?
Don't answer. I don't want to know!
The thought of no guitar or back beat,
no humming or tapping of toe!

What umph would there be to commercials?
What excitement for games yet to play?!
What missing movie's anticipation
that the  'Dun Dun Dun' would happily say?!

How would new mommies rock their babies,
and calm them to put them to sleep?
Without music the world would be screaming,
but the ocean of silence would be deep.

So, where would we be without music?
In a world with no brain cells to link.
In a big room with nothing to do,
and a bunch of poor folks that don't blink!

10 comments:

  1. I hope you get your speakers soon. You must be having withdrawal by now! LOL

    Very nice treasury! I think they're so much fun to make. I make them when I'm bored or caught up too.

    And where would we be without music? In a big room with nothing to do! Nice poem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bead! I hope I do too! I'm in a big room.....you know the rest of the story! ^_^ And thanks for the nice words about the treasury too. It was fun doing it. I hadn't done one in a while. It's harder than I remember...because there's so many creative people out there! :-] Have a good day, Bead!

      Delete
  2. Deb, very nice treasury. I really like those colors. As I told you yesterday I am having blogger problems. For the first time yesterday I was able to comment. When I tried to go back and read what you had written back I could not get in to see. Problem not fixed yet. I'll see if I can come back later and see what you commented today. Have a Great Day!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Velma, Oh Boy!! O_0 I thought the problem was all done...Well, anyway! Unless they disappear in some weird worm hole, the comments will be here! LOL...Thank you very much for the nice words about the treasury too!...No worries today. Just enjoy!

      Delete
    2. Deb, I'm so excited I was able to get back into your blog and read your comment. Hopefully all my blogger problems are fixed now.

      Delete
    3. Okay, good!...And let's hope so!! :-)

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much!! Great collection:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure! You have a great bag there! I wish I had thought of it myself!!! ^_^

      Delete
  4. What a lovely treasury. I really like that camera/laptop bag. It's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yhanks Jo! And I love that bag too!!!...Although with my camera taking, I need more than a bag to make them better! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^