Friday, April 13, 2012

......But That's Not All!

          It's Friday!!!! :-) And yes we did!.......make it through another week with all of our fingers and toes intact, all of our breathing apparatuses still working, and with some food still left in the refrigerator! Ha! Ha!...That was a reference to my 'out-of-control' hunger cravings yesterday. ^_^ My food consumption yesterday included breakfast sausage, grits, cheesy eggs, toast and strawberry jelly, coffee, fried chicken wings, leftover noodles and vegetables (made by a dear friend...YUM!), popcorn, and...and I ain't shame!...cake and ice cream! O_O ... Okay....maybe I'm a little bit ashamed...*hanging my head*
     Yikes!...It didn't seem like that much when I was eating it, but when you list it on paper, it sure looks bad!!...NOTE TO SELF: Never list your day's food consumption ever, ever again! LOL...Moving on...in a hurry!!...*burp!*

        I'm thankful for two things: I'm thankful that, as long as you're still breathing the next day, you can always do it better...or eat better...the next day. (That would be today, for me!)...And I'm thankful that I know how to do a lot of other things besides eat!! ^_^
       I know how to write poems...even though I haven't been writing many new ones lately...I know how to sing...even though my husband probably wish I didn't after yesterday! I was singing that 'Stuttering' song ALL...DAY!!!! O_O ....I'm not kidding...when my hormones go haywire, it's like I'm some kind of 'brain-glitched' fool! ^_^ Food, nor music, is safe!! {By the way, can you believe that they almost kicked Jessica Sanchez off of American Idol last night?!....Had me stu-stu-stuttering! LOL}
     But I also...on automatic...know how to crochet! :-) And that's what I've been doing for days, in between everything else...to keep my fingers, and my brain, limber! ^_^ The green boutonniere/brooch/necklace pendant/comb brooch/whatever you want it to be!...was one of the ones I just recently finished...

          In my pictures they look big, but, in reality, they're less than two inches (5.1 cm)!...

        I put little buttons on the front, to look at...

         ...and buttons on the back, to use for buttoning them onto stuff...

        Yep! A pretty little apple green 'baby'. :-) But....and here's where the blog post title comes in...that's not all!...As I said, I've been making these little 'babies' every time I sat still!...and putting them in an air-tight bag...


         I emptied the bag yesterday to see how many I had......


      WOW! O_O

            And every one of them has 'button-on' ability!...

       And, believe it or not, there's still some crochet floss..and food! (just saying!)...left in the world! ^_^ ... I know because I made another one since I photographed these! LOL
      Is it wrong that I wanna make them, but I don't wanna list them in the Wuglyees shop?! O_O Well...that's not exactly true. I 'wanna'...I just don't 'WANNA'!! ^_^
    Today it's bread and water for me!....Okay...there's gonna be no bread. NONE! I'm carbo-ed out!!! But I am keeping it lighter....in the interest of balance...If my hormones let me, I mean. O_O They can be pretty insistent when  they wanna be...and they WANNA!! ^_^
     Have a good day, Everybody!!...Go on a 'virtual' date or something!! ^_^

 My Brain, My Brain

My brain, my brain just does
what it wants and when it wants!
Some days, all of the positives
is what it flips and flaunts.

It triggers really fast,
and all my brain cells start to meet.
It stores all kinds of things,
and it just runs long, without feet!

It fires happiness,
is organized, remembers well.
But then that "Bing!" will come
as if someone just hit a bell.

It slows and starts to ponder.
And what it ponders isn't good!
Those days it might as well
be just a solid block of wood.

Can't remember what to do,
or worse, what it already did;
Thoughts are scattered everywhere
and all my memories are hid.

Yes, my brain, my brain just does
what it wants and how it wants!
My job is staying with it,
and responding when it taunts.

8 comments:

  1. You have been busy!1 I love the green!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have, Gill! ^_^...And thank you.

      Delete
  2. Hormones are mighty powerful, aren't they?!? Just ask Daniel - he's the one who suffers... Your work is so beautiful!! I had to go and buy a little necklace from you for the summer... Love, Silke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Silke! :-) First of all, awwwwwwww! Thank you so much for the purchase! I just sent you a message about it on Etsy. ♥ ... Second, yes indeedy, about the hormones!! They 'ARE' powerful!!! ^_^ I've been trying to escape their hunger pull for two days now!...Still working on it. LOL Have a good rest of the evening, Silke. And keep your eye on the mail. :-]

      Delete
  3. I'm always perplexed by the food need...one day I could eat everything in sight, the next I'm not eating at all..and I had all my hormone making equipment taken out 15yrs ago! So I guess your poem is right on..it's my brain not my ovaries! Have a good weekend and enjoy your crocheting..your good at it! In fact, you're the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW!!!! What's up with that anyway?! That happens to me all the time! One day food makes me nauseous even to think about it....The next day I can't get enough of it in my stomach fast enough, or long enough! O_O HORMONES!!!! There oughta be a law against them!! ^_^ But then all the women in the world would be hairy and scratching themselves. Who wants that?!!!! O_O We better leave the law alone on that one! LOL Let's just keep trying to tweak the brain every now and again. So what if everybody ELSE around us goes crazy!! ^_^

      Delete
  4. What a lovely song by Jessica. She has anal amazing voice.

    I love your boutonnieres. The apple green looks very pretty. I also really like the red & black one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was a beautiful song too, Jo! And when I went and listened to the original, by Jasmine Sullivan, I fell even more in love with it!...Now I love both of their versions of it! How often does that happen?!...And thank you for the nice words about the boutonnieres too! You and I are not afraid of color...The red and black one is at the top of my list too! ^_^

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^