Tuesday, August 28, 2012

"...Slower Than A Herd Of Turtles Stampeding Through Peanut Butter"!

  
        WOW!....Everything has been sooooooo slow over the last few days! And it's not just me either!...even though I've been one of the things that has been slow. After sleeping a bit longer at night, I find myself moving like a snail once I get up....

         ...and even after I'm up, and a little while has passed by, I'm still a bit slow and distracted...That may just be temporary though. I'm working on some projects not related to crocheting, blogging or writing...


        ...And then, of course, the U.S. Open tennis tournament started on yesterday too! :-)  

       All of these things are making me...

      ...No, they're not making me a 'slow cooker'! :-)) ...Although I have been hungrier than usual!...

         And no, they're not making me a slow 'sign' either!...I haven't been that stationary! LOL

     But, if he wanted to, because he's the one dealing with me in this slow state, my husband could say to me:...(Quote)...



     ^_^ ....*I LOVE that button!!* 

       But, as I said, it's not just me that's been slow!...I've made a few phone calls the last few days to places, looking for information, and it taken FOREVER for them to return a phone call...if they do! I'm still waiting for a return phone call of an urgent request I made  three days ago!! O_O



     And even uploading photos here on Blogger.....S-L-O-W!!!!...as is everything else I've been trying to load or upload or update or download over the last few days! O_O ... Maybe it's just me....or my online server...but still!!

       Anyway...slow or not...everything will still get taken care of, right?! I mean, Look! I actually got the blog up today! ^_^ .....slow,...and late, very late!...but up!....Hey, speed isn't everything!...


     Sometimes you have to settle for reality.  ^_^ I'm.....



         And I may be slightly delusional too!... ^_^...but that's not from slowness. That's from me believing the sweet words of a certain 'Big Bird' husband of mine! :-)) Hey! His slow spoken sweet words are good enough for me!...even though I know he probably has his own agenda going ^_^ ...and even if I am a little 'Snuffaluffagus-like' in wanting to acknowledge it!!! LOL...Mine is not to question why! Mine is just to......get the two of us ready to take our delusional act on the road then!! LOL...Have a good day, Everybody....and speed it up, will ya!! ^_^

          

      Where would I be without a sense of humor?! ^_^ ...Probably somewhere SLOWly going insane!!.....Are you laughing?!!! ^_^

Sense Of Humor

How do you gauge a sense of humor?
Is it just about a laugh?
Do you only know you're funny
when they're doubled over in half?

Can a chuckle or a giggle
be a clue that you have wit?
Or can a smile and a head shake
be the quiet proof of it?

It's the people that are laughing,
in their house, their yard, their car.
That can spot a sense of humor;
recognize it from afar.

I don't know myself.
I just know what makes me smile.
Anyone who likes themselves
and can be talking for a while.

And if they make me wanna sit
and wonder what will they say next,
then they have a sense of humor
cuz I wouldn't be here unless...

8 comments:

  1. Bless you, slow and steady wins the race ;-)) I always remember from the tortoise and the hare. Hope you have a good day, dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^_^ Yes, that's the story I was thinking of too, Dee...the tortoise and the hare...I'm the true tortoise...and the true Snuffaluffagus!! LOL...Have a good day too!

      Delete
  2. It's okay to be slow! At least you're finally getting some sleep. That's what you need! Once your body adjusts, you'll get your energy back. (signed: Dr. Newell) <<LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dr. Newell! ^_^ By the way, 'Physician', heal thyself!! Get rid of those mean migraines!! LOL...Have a good day, my friend! :-)

      Delete
  3. slow is good sometimes...keeps the stress down and helps us rejuvenate..Energy will return...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is!...And I hope you're right about the energy too! :-] Have a good day!

      Delete
  4. I thought of you when I saw the news last night and they mentioned the US Tennis Open.
    Sometimes I think its a good thing to go slow. There's often such a rush to get things done these days and so many people expect stuff to be made/received quickly. It does you good to take a step back and slow things down for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slowing things down a bit sure worked for me today!!...I'm feeling very accomplished and ready to get my schedule back on the road! ^_^ I hope you have a slowed down day too, Jo!

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^