Monday, July 15, 2013

Is Monday The Charm?!


      Hello!...I hope y'all had a good weekend. :-) Hubby and I, even after my wild stomach issue (which has not done a repeat performance, by the way), had a very quiet weekend. So quiet in fact that we were surprised at all of the goings on when we turned on the news this morning! O_O A little boy buried in sand, protests all over the country, etc.
      We spent the weekend watching our hummingbirds,  'House Hunters', reruns of 'Storage Wars', playing chess (hubby), and crocheting (obviously ME! ^_^). We never even turned the television to any of the major stations...purposely! We have our own struggles (financially and health-wise) going on around here! We didn't wanna be thrown into negativity by anybody else's!
      But it's Monday now! The weekend of peace and quiet is over!...at least 'this' weekend is over. ^_^ I'm keeping a good thought about next weekend still! :-) And the hummingbirds are helping me keep a good thought because they're frolicking, zipping, zooming, and flying around enjoying the backyard as if it's still the weekend for them in hummingbird-ville! ^_^ Or maybe they think our backyard is a hummingbird airport, and hubby and I are human/hummingbird air traffic controllers! O_O
       Whatever the case, I'm thankful that the hummingbirds are outside my window reminding me that life is going on around me, and that it's worth it to lift my head high, look to the future, and sometimes...even among the 'trash heap' of life now...it's good to stop and smell the air.
     
        
        By the way, I found out an interesting fact about hummingbirds...Did you know that a group of hummingbirds was called a 'charm'?! :-) ...


        I thought that was a pretty cool fact!...and appropriate! ^_^ They are quite charming! :-) Now, if only I can figure out how to sit, watch hummingbirds, and get paid!!! LOL



     Other than hummingbirds and butterflies in my yard...I saw a black butterfly yesterday! :-) ...not too much else has been going on in the Wug household...and that's a GOOD thing!!! O_O But, as I say, it's Monday....*sigh*...time to get back to the work schedule, health questionnaires, medical phone calls, etc....Doesn't somebody wanna come and do all of this stuff for me?!...kinda makes me wish I had some 'charm'!!! ^_^


       Have a good Monday, Everybody!!...and don't forget to stop and watch the birdies! :-)

Butterfly-ish

I'm feeling butterfly-ish.
Wanna flutter...move real slow.
Wanna wander...mind and body.
Not be fast, and 'on the go'.

I'm feeling like I need
a quiet day to hang around.
Have everything wrapped up,
and just block out surrounding sound.

I'm feeling butterfly-ish.
Wanna lay in bed till noon.
Wanna have some time to morph.
Need a tree and a cocoon.

Tomorrow they'll be time
to change and modify.
To spread my wings, add color,
like a brand new butterfly

2 comments:

  1. I've had a hummer feeder out this summer and haven't seen a bird near it..but others have so I'm continuing to keep it refreshed and ready! I laughed at the the hand held feeder...sheesh, who has that much time or patience? Yesterday afternoon I was watching all the bird activity in the backyard..blue birds, robins, cardinals, woodpeckers, finches, orioles...I was amazed how many species we had and we don't have any feeders for them. (I don't want to attract squirrels) I guess all the pine trees afford a nice, safe haven for them. Anyway, I hope your health gets better and also those troublesome financial issues....prayers going out for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww...I'm sorry you haven't seen any hummers! I think my hubby must be fixing some kind of special concoction or something. LOL I guess if you have a playground for them to be comfortable though...pine trees and all...they could be using your area as a hotel, and mine as a restaurant! :-))

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^