Saturday, August 31, 2013

A Whole Lotta......!!


     Is Saturday here already?!.....Yep! ^_^ I was out on the town in New York with my hubby last night...on my 'virtual' date. :-) I was kept up waaaaaaay past the time I'm usually in bed!...We saw a whole lotta balls flying!! And it was well worth the 'virtual' traffic....the chili dogs that still have my stomach gurgling this morning...and the lack of sleep! :-)
     The matches were great!!...Sloane Stephens defeated Jamie Hampton...6-1, 6-3...

 

     And SURPRISINGLY  Lleyton Hewitt beat Juan Martin DelPotro, 6-4 5-7 3-6 7-6 6-1!!!...

     WOW!! O_O Who knew that was gonna happen?!....NOT ME!!...In fact, I thought Del Po might go all the way this year, and give my 'baby boy' a run for his money!

      Speaking of my 'baby boy', Rafael Nadal, he's playing Ivan Dodig later today! :-) I've got to get another nap before then! ^_^...and also I have some other business to take care of this morning. But this afternoon.......LOOK OUT, TENNIS! ^_^

    Oh Yeah....I did get some crocheting done too! I made a few variegated lapel pins. Look at them and tell me what you think...




     If I can muster the energy...and get some more naps...and get my other business taken care of...^_^...I may make a few more of these variegated ones today. I kinda like the character the thread already has, without me having to rack my tennis-tired brain to figure out what colors to put together!! ^_^
    
       Okay...I'm gone! ^_^ Have a good Saturday, Everybody...and a good weekend if I don't see you!...or don't recognize you!...You might start looking like a tennis ball! LOL :-)

A Little Doze'll Do You!

I enjoy my sleeping, and a doze,
a nap, and such.
In fact I might enjoy a snooze
entirely waay too much!

At any time of day,
you'll find me like a weeping willow.
Head hung low and dragging,
looking for the nearest pillow.

No, there's nothing wrong.
I'm not depressed. I've still got bounce!
And I can stay awake and be
quite witty when it counts!

But I have been awake for things
when I could have been asleep.
And now my time's so valuable
I don't treat it like it's cheap.

My sleeping, dozing, napping,
is to my life a special key.
It unlocks and refreshes
and dispels anxiety!

Most people try to fill up
every hour in the day.
But me, I'd rather be asleep
and waste it all away.

There's plenty hours left
for all the flit and play and chore.
An hour for a nap right now?!
Why not?! There's 24!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice date night! Love all the little lapel pins, but especially the pink one! Why? I'm not sure...just caught my eye!
    I hope you get a nap or two in today. I won't...too much catching up to do...but maybe a wink or two!
    Enjoy your day my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it was, Bead. :-) I hope you and your hubby get to spend some time together this weekend too! Probably chatting about all the new things you learned! :-) Enjoy your catching up, my friend. ♥

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^