Friday, August 16, 2013

'Virtual Date Night!'...To Paris!...But Only For........!


      Woohoo!!...Friday!...'Virtual'...Date...Night!! ^_^ And I'm not gonna even try to be coy about where we're going! It's back to Paris for us! :-) But there's a distinct reason we're heading to France this time......Uhhhhh...I'll tell you in a minute. :-))
      First I wanna say that you don't really need a good reason to go to Paris France, do you?! I mean...


      ...Paris 'is' always a good idea!! ^_^

      I have a particular reason for wanting to head to France today though. It's because of my crazy food craving....it's French Onion Soup! 

      I've been craving it for days!!...Of course, I've been craving sweet potato, and Shepherd's pie too! ^_^ But I can get those things at home! :-)) In fact, I got my Shepherd's pie last night! Hubby made it for me!...It was pretty good too, even if my recipe was tinkered with a bit...with canned mushrooms browned in with the ground beef!...*blink! blink!* 
      Whatever!...I love him dearly for giving it his best try for me! ^_^ I know 'beggars can't be choosy'. So I take what he makes for me GLADLY!!...I'm gonna try to see if I can get a sweet potato pie out of him sometime this weekend, after we get back from Paris! :-) I'm not gonna try to put him to the task of making French onion soup though!! O_O I've seen him hack up onions and potatoes before!! LOL...That would just make for a weepy, wet trip to Paris!! ^_^
       I'm gonna just wait and get my soup at one of the cafes we run into! :-) Maybe I'll try to tackle the idea of him making French onion soup at another time!...when my brain is secure...and we have proper equipment! :-)



     My onion cutting knives are probably not sharp enough!...or they may be 'too' sharp for cutting onions the way I know he's gonna try to cut them!! LOL 

     Anyway!...What are 'virtual' date night's for, if not for darting over to Paris to get a bowl of soup?! ^_^ Who knows, we may even dart over to Italy for a cappuccino afterward! :-) Ahhhhhh! I do love a pretty soup bowl...sitting next to a pretty and feminine looking cup! :-)


        And I love taking the time on Fridays to travel and eat with my six foot 'baby boy' too! ^_^


     Wanna come?! :-) ...... We'll meet you there!! ^_^

       Just as a side note today...my heart goes out to my friends in Egypt and the surrounding area. We're keeping you in our prayers.


Virtual trip

I really like to travel,
See the world, expand my mind.
But not getting on an airplane,
or hunting luggage I can't find!

I like a 'good ole' virtual trip.
Computer details. Music too.
Where you don't need a 'stinking' passport,
or have to wear a 'stinking' shoe!

But a little stay at home,
under covers, lock and key,
can also be expansive.
Even if it's 'virtually'

2 comments:

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^