Thursday, September 19, 2013

It's A Turquoise And White 'Virtual' Friday!


       "It's gonna be a good day!...I's gonna be a good day!"...I SAID:...It's gonna be a good day!!!!!"...I gottsa talk myself into today, because the morning has already started with a aggravating B-A-N-G!....AND my hubby cut his finger!! O_O
      Let's just hope our 'Friday Date Night' isn't spent with bandages or a hospital visit!!...Ugh!...I know for sure that it's gonna partly be spent shopping for a new glass measuring cup! ^_^ Oh Yeah!...Happy times in the 'Wug' household!
       Anyway!!!...I wanted to show you some turquoise and white. And not because it has anything to do with where we're going for our date tonight...although turquoise 'is' a very calming color, and we can sure use some calm! :-)...but because I got started on my crochet wedding boutonniere and brooch set, and I wanted to check out the other turquoise and white pins around Etsy....Yes! I chose turquoise and white, plus a bit of silver for my wedding set. I'll show it to you in a minute. But first, let's check out the competition! ^_^ ...





       Ooooo! What pretty competition it is!! :-) I hope I do them proud, putting my crochet wedding pin set alongside them!...



      Okay....so it's not actually a set YET! ^_^ ...


     Right now it's just one brooch. ^_^ But I need some feedback. What do you think?!....And what should be my other set color?!...
 

      I was given a good suggestion about making a "MADE TO ORDER" listing, and that's the direction I'm headed...That way I don't have to load up my shop with a bunch of wedding sets in all kinds of 'wicky wacky' colors in the hope that some bride will pick those EXACT colors for her wedding! ^_^
       With two 'example' sets, and a 'MADE TO ORDER' listing, maybe I'll start getting more business! :-) At least that's the hope!...because things have been 'drag-yo-mama' slow!!!! LOL {If you need the 'drag-yo-mama' expression explained, just ask! Ha! Ha!}...
 

      Along those lines...of trying to pick up business...I lowered my shipping prices again yesterday...And 'lo-and-behold' this morning I have 'TWO' sales!!! :-) ..."Sooooooo, it was about the shipping prices?????!!!!!....Why didn't you just tell me, People?!" ^_^
      Okay..off to do some packaging up, some studying for my meeting, and some other calming things....*yelling into the other room*: "IS IT STILL BLEEDING, HONEY?!!!".....Ugh!..."It's gonna be a good day!...I's gonna be a good day!"...Right?! ^_^

Butterfly-ish

I'm feeling butterfly-ish.
Wanna flutter...move real slow.
Wanna wander...mind and body.
Not be fast, and 'on the go'.

I'm feeling like I need
a quiet day to hang around.
Have everything wrapped up,
and just block out surrounding sound.

I'm feeling butterfly-ish.
Wanna lay in bed till noon.
Wanna have some time to morph.
Need a tree and a cocoon.

Tomorrow they'll be time
to change and modify.
To spread my wings, add color,
like a brand new butterfly.

6 comments:

  1. Wow Wug!! I LOVE your turquoise boutonniere!! That's gorgeous!!! What bride wouldn't want that one!!! I love turquoise, so all of your choices are fabulous!
    Hope hubby's finger is okay... :/
    Have a great day and meeting!

    I got coerced into giving a volunteer talk tonight in the front school. I just finished it and now, cleaning, grocery shopping and finish setting up for a garage sale! Too busy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Cin! :-) Thank you so much for the nice feedback!!! Now I can't wait to get the others made...to order! ^_^ ...By the way, 'Good-looking-out', with the substitute talk, my sister! I wish I could be there to hear it! Maybe one of these days I'll have to do a call in to your congregation. :-] ... Anyway! Enjoy your busy day! ♥

      Delete
    2. You should call in sometime! That would be awesome!!
      Thank you and enjoy your day too! :)

      Delete
    3. Maybe I'll do that!! :-) I'll have to get some info from you before then though!...Ooooo! Exciting!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Gabriele!! :-) Same to you!

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^