Sunday, October 27, 2013

I Need A Sweater For My Cup Of Coffee?!


      As you, no doubt, have figured out from my lack of much words on the blog the last couple of days, I'm not feeling at my 'tip top' best. I've been having a few health issues that are driving me a bit crazy. So far I'm still breathing though!...so I'm sure they will work themselves out soon.
      It may be just the change in the weather that's doing it to me. Here I was thinking that cooler weather was gonna bring less allergies...and instead, it's just a 'change' of allergies! Ugh! I noticed that every time hubby came back into the house I was starting to sneeze more than usual....?????...when I was suppose to be stopping all allergy symptoms all together! O_O
      The news reporter said something like: "Hang on, you allergy sufferers. You're not completely out of the woods yet! There are some mold spores that are hanging around even  after the first frost. Give them time. They're not done hanging on  just yet!"......UGH!
      Yeah...I KNOW!!!...So, for now, it's me...a box of tissues...soups...lots of water...vitamin C and orange juice...and loads of hot fluids...including coffee!...

      And if I have to fight off cold and mold, I'm thankful to be able to have something to smile about. :-) Did you see the little kitty cats on the cups in the header photo? :-) And the little sweaters for the coffee mugs?! :-)


      Yep! I'm smiling! ^_^ ... I'm also blowing my nose an inordinate amount, and other 'shall remain nameless on this blog' things!!! LOL I'm also taking it slow...resting...and letting nothing but my eyes and ears work. I'm not even working my tongue for actual talking today!! I'm only moving two fingers, and talking out loud in my mind right now, so that I can get this blog post done. LOL Then it's back to 'chillsville' for me! ^_^
      Is this still the weekend?! O.O Anyway!!!...I hope you all have a good rest of it, if it is. LOL

Benches

Wooden, with an indent.
Sturdy, aged by the sun.
A place to rest when you are tired.
A stop when you are on the run.

A slatted back, for resting shoulders,
and cemented to the ground.
A wrought-iron rusted swirly arm-rest,
and a place to put bags down.

A place for you to catch a bus,
or to feed a hungry squirrel.
Where good friends can stop and chat
about the big news of the world.

Alone and beaten by the weather,
chipping paint, long past brand new.
Almost like some people we know,
who are inconspicuous too.

So reliably unnoticed,
all the benches that we pass.
Sitting there, just waiting for us,
if we too run out of gas

2 comments:

  1. Oh my poor Wug!! Get some rest and feel better soon please!?
    Love the cup sweaters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Bead...It's been a relaxing day for me. And I'm feeling tons better right now. :-] Now I'm off to bed to put a 'cap' on it! LOL See you tomorrow, my friend! ♥

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^