Friday, February 14, 2014

Even My 'Welcome' Mat Wants To Retract The Invitation!


     Yes...that is my 'welcome' mat out in front of the door. But, as you can see, it's not welcoming nobody!!...especially not the snow!! LOL We have an overhang too, so the snow on the mat is what blew on it from the yard!
     Yeah...we have wind blowing too!...and sleet, rain, and....birdies! ^_^ ...



      Watching the woodpeckers, cardinals, and other little birds coming to the feeder during the day, braving the falling snow and wind, made my heart warm. :-] ... And we needed some warm yesterday!!!
     So far, we have about 10 or so inches, with 2-6 more due this morning before it's all over...


     Too bad snow isn't trade-able, like money! ^_^ If it was I'd probably have enough to buy me a house in Hawaii or somewhere by now!! LOL...



     Even the little backdoor grill is saying: "Where, O where, is Spring?!" O_O ...
 


     In the heart of the storm yesterday though, it sure looked pretty!! :-] ...
 


     And the birds seemed to be enjoying it immensely!...




     They would peck a little....rest a little...swing in the wind....peck a little...rest a little...etc. I think you have the drift. LOL
     





     It was actually kind of funny watching a red cardinal on a branch in the distance yesterday. He looked like he was dancing when the wind blew. :-)) Actually he was just trying to get to a stable place to stay put, but the wind wasn't cooperating with him!! ^_^
      Anyway!...all of the above photos were from yesterday. Hubby just took a few photos this morning, so you could see the contrast of snow in the backyard...


     Just look at how weighed down the tree branches are!...And look below at the pile of snow on the suet feeder!!...
 


     I don't know if you can see it in the photo, but the food in the feeder has a thick layer of ice on it too!! Hubby says the birds are gonna have to bring out their 'ice pick beaks' this morning, if they wanna eat!! LOL
 

     I think they better bring their shovels too!! ^_^
 

     "Well, that's the way it is here in Massachusetts!...Back to you, Al!!" LOL...*sigh*...I think I've been watching too many weather reports!! LOL...Have a good day, Everybody!...And think happy thoughts! :-)


 
 I will Be Happy!

Today I will be happy!
I've decided, and so "There!"
And it won't depend on clothing,
or the way I wear my hair.

My 'Happy' has to be
from my head down to my toes.
And not coincidental,
but because that's what I've chose.

I am trying to be happy
when there's always such bad news.
But the good news is that happy
is a way to squash the blues!

So today I will be happy!
I've decided. Enough said!!
There will be plenty of time for sadness,
and for taking to my bed.

Are you thinking that my poem
is too 'Optimistic/Sappy'?
Okay, you could be right.
Don't burst my bubble. I am happy!

4 comments:

  1. I love that song. Doesn't it make you "happy?" They made a commercial for a larger city (Grand Rapids) here using him and his song. It's great!
    That's a LOT of snow! We've had episodes like that off and on all winter. But, for what it's worth, I've been hearing the birds singing spring songs! It IS coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that song too, Bead!! ^_^ One of the friends shared it on FB the other day. I had never seen the video before that...FUN!!! :-) ... As to the snow, OH YEAH!...it's a lot of snow!!! LOL But the birds make it bearable to sit through. In fact, we're due to get a few more inches tomorrow, and then some more Tuesday or Thursday next week too!! O_O Good thing Spring is coming....some time or the other!! ^_^

      Delete
  2. Deb that is a lot of snow. Hope you are staying warm and safe. Can we get you to truck some snow to our mountains over here because our snow pack on the mountains is way to low and looks like we might be in a drought situation this summer. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a lot of snow, Velma!! LOL But we're inside, warm and toasty, so it's all good! ^_^ And I wish we could truck some snow to you!! Maybe we could use this machine!...

      https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=559316694164345&set=vb.100002580585272&type=2&theater

      Ha! Ha!...Oh, if only!.... LOL Have a good week, Velma

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^