Monday, February 3, 2014

I'm feeling Green!...Mixed With A Little Blue And White!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/92081096/wheel-thrown-honey-pots?ref=favs_view_10

     SWEET!!!! ^_^ ... and I'm not just talking about the gorgeous honey pots (header photo) either!...although they really are sweet, aren't they?! ^_^ No. I'm talking about my football team's victory yesterday! :-)
      The Seattle Seahawks...GO, Green, Blue, and White!! ^_^...took the Denver Broncos to the wood shed, Y'all!!! :-)) ...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/165662394/seattle-seahawks-city-maps-2-point-play?ref=favs_view_2

      Today there's probably a lot of people wondering: "Hmmmm...where exactly is Seattle on the map?!" LOL Yep! There's probably gonna be a lot of Seattle visitors this coming year! ^_^ And, no doubt, some new fans! :-) ...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/176623970/infant-onsie-gameday-superbowl-seattle?ref=favs_view_1

     I have to confess that I, myself, am a new Seattle Seahawks fan. I'm a tried and true, love em' or hate 'em, fair weather or great weather, Dallas Cowboys fan! :-) And if the Seahawks and the Cowboys end up in the Superbowl against each other next year.....I'm jumping the Seahawk ship first thing!!! LOL I'll be riding a Cowboy all the way to the touchdown poles!!! ^_^
     Clearly, my loyalties, football-wise, are not that solid. LOL...In fact, I'm pretty familiar with all of the Seattle Seahawk player's back stories now, but prior to this week...from the time my Cowboys got put out of the playoffs...I only chose Seattle to follow because their uniforms most closely looked like my Cowboy's uniforms. ^_^ What can I say...I need a tea to root for or football games just don't make sense!! LOL
      What always makes sense to me though, is color! :-) That's why the Seahawk colors ended up in one of my flower pin boutonnieres! ^_^ ...

https://www.etsy.com/shop/wuglyees?section_id=6070914&ref=shopsection_leftnav_3

https://www.etsy.com/shop/wuglyees?section_id=6070914&ref=shopsection_leftnav_3

     I also made one with Denver Bronco colors, but uhhhh......I'm not showing them off today. It just doesn't seem right somehow! ^_^ Truth be told, they're probably not showing themselves anywhere today either!! LOL...GO, HAWKS!!! ^_^ ...
 
https://www.etsy.com/shop/wuglyees?section_id=6070914&ref=shopsection_leftnav_3

https://www.etsy.com/shop/wuglyees?section_id=6070914&ref=shopsection_leftnav_3

     My dad is a Denver Broncos fan. ^_^ Hubby and I called him at halftime yesterday...okay...it was to 'razz' him! ^_^ Oh! So fun!!!! ^_^ He started 'razzing' his own team by the time we hung up!! LOL
     That was 'football fan, Wug'.....Today I'm 'good daughter, Wug'. So, I think I'll call him and tell him how great Peyton Manning is anyway (the quarterback for Denver), and how he's already racked up so many accolades anyway, that one silly Superbowl ring wouldn't make any difference! :-] ... Then I'll wait for dad to start 'razzing' me!! ^_^
      
https://www.etsy.com/listing/172622425/wood-iphone-5-case-wooden-iphone-5s-case?ref=favs_view_9

     The Denver Broncos is not my dad's first team choice either Guess what team is. :-) ... Yep!....The Dallas Cowboys!! ^_^ And then it's the New England Patriots.....and then Denver! So, he won't let this loss bother him too much...until next season starts all over again! ^_^
     For me, I'm a winner right now!! ^_^ But, as long as there is some kind of sports on, I'm a winner almost every day sports-wise....Truthfully, in life, I'm a winner all the time!! ^_^ From the God I worship, to the husband I spend every day with, to my many loving friends and family!!! ♥ Let's put it this way...if I had it in cash, I'd own Google, Facebook, and Twitter, Bill Gates, Donald Trump, and the Rockefeller family!!!! ^_^
      I'm feeling good today!...Can you tell?!! ^_^ Humor me. I don't get to play that much anymore. :-)) Have a good week, Y'all!! :-)

Do You Play?!

I had some 'Play Time' in my youth,
back when my hips could take the heat.
I couldn't wait to find someone
that I could race, chase down, or beat!

How many times did I 'Hopscotch',
play some marbles, skip a rock?
And a game of 'Tag' could go
until you couldn't see the clock!

All my games were very active.
So much energy, people! WOW?!
But things have changed. It's different,
because I'm so much older now!

I still have 'Play Time' at my age,
but the games are slow and rare.
I like board games, playing cards,
things you do right from your chair.

The games I watch can't be too long.
I'll fall asleep! I'm kind of nod-dy.
And I have to use my mind.
No running round now with this body.

I play with things like yarn,
and with hooks...even thread.
And I play with pen and pencil,
pulling poems from my head.

Whichever way, I have to play!
It's my excuse to have a laugh.
I just have to keep it slow.
Don't want a charlie-horse in my calf!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling so good! Hang tight during that storm that's probably already in your backyard! We're expecting one tomorrow and Wed....darn Winter and darn groundhog! I'm glad your team won too. I know where Seattle is..even been there! My one son and his family live a few hours away from there. I didn't watch the game although I caught a bit of the puppy bowl..that's more my speed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yaya!...Thanks for the heads up about hanging tough during the storm. I hadn't looked at the weather reports yet. But now I HAVE!!! O_O Yikes!! Looks like, once again, we're gonna get hammered!! Ugh! And it looks like you will too...twice! ^_^ ... Stay safe and warm, Yaya! :-) And keep lots of snacks and blankets at the ready...just in case! ^_^

      Delete
  2. Hey Deb looks like we have football teams in common. I have been a true Cowboys fan since Stauback, Dorset, and Hill were on the team but when Dalles doesn't make it my next team is Seattle of course I was born in Washington state so it would only make sense to be for the Hawks. Not the type of game I was expecting but I'm happy with the win. Glad to see that your spirits are up a little. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhh! :-) A fellow Cowboys fan!! ^_^ Yes, I began my love of the Cowboys back when Roger Staubach was the quarterback, and 'Too Tall Jones' was giving every other team a hard time in the defensive position!! :-)) And WOW!...I used to love to watch Tony Dorsett run!!! ^_^ ... What a Superbowl game, huh?!...Not close...but I'm okay with that!! LOL...Thanks for the visit down 'football memory road', Vel!!

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^