Sunday, April 27, 2014

Look What's Peeking Out In The Backyard!


      Isn't that a pretty blue flower?! :-) ... Okay, it's not a pancake!...even though this is 'Pancake Sunday' around here. But I'll take it! ^_^ In fact, pancakes on Sunday are gonna change drastically, now that I'm considered 'borderline diabetic'. Instead of pancake flour and so forth, I'm gonna be trying new ways to make pancakes...like maybe this recipe for  two ingredient pancakes (eggs and bananas) that I saw talked about on A Cup Of Jo's blog, HERE! :-) I may be trying this for next Sunday. Today it's seafood salad and a banana!...Don't judge me!! LOL
         As I was saying!...about the pretty blue flower from the yard...


      ...It's so nice seeing flowers peeking out of the ground again! :-) ...
 

      Some of you followers probably know the name of them, but I didn't stop hubby long enough to find out. ^_^ I didn't wanna start sneezing! LOL Yes, I sneeze even at the name of a flower from the yard!!! Ha! Ha!...Not really. But I can get a little 'twiggle' in my nose if I think for too long about what they must smell like! ^_^
      Here's a few of the other little flowers that are popping up!...






      There's not a lot of them. In fact, if you're not looking for them, you can walk all over my backyard and totally miss them!...
 

      They're in little patches, and all around the edging. But mostly the backyard is looking green!.....green and lush! :-) There' no 'white stuff' to be found anymore. And no rain this morning either. (I think we had our fill of that yesterday!!) :-)

      It's another relaxing morning...watching the tennis finals in Stuttgart and Barcelona. :-) By the way, congratulations to Maria Sharapova. She just won!! :-) "Maybe next time, Ivanovic!" :-) Since my 'Baby Boy' (Rafael Nadal) went out early in the tournament in Barcelona, I haven't been as interesting in the men's side of the draw. Although I am enjoying watching the rising career of Kei Nishikori! He's amazing!!
      I've got other interests to focus on now....CROCHET! ^_^ My blanket needs my attention!! :-) Have a good day, Everybody! ♥

Daisy, Pretty Daisy

Daisy, pretty daisy,
with your petals all sprawled out;
Making sunshine, bees and children
wonder what you're all about.

All spread out in the garden,
up the sidewalk, down the lane;
So much prettier to look at
than all those street lights down on Main.

Daisy, pretty daisy,
in your red or white or pink.
Letting bees and flies land on you
so that they can take a drink.

It's hard to see you basking
in the sun and not just smile,
'cause you look like friends just hanging out
and talking for a while.

Daisy, pretty daisy,
rain or shine you have no care.
You just smile at passersby
and make us happy that you're there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^