Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Rain Brings Flowers And...Tea?!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/154350194/3-umbrella-girls-illustration-print-5x7?ref=favs_view_3

      Sooooooo...yesterday I was talking about the 'better weather' we're having, and today?!...RAIN!!!...like...ALL DAY!! Ugh! Such is life, right?! You say something nice, and the next thing you know...it rains all over your complement!! LOL
      Whatever!!!...we're just gonna get us a good umbrella...and move on! ^_^ ...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/182887368/vintage-blue-and-white-plaid-umbrella?ref=favs_view_4

      Don't get too excited. We're not moving on to anything in particular. :-)) There's nothing special going on around here. Nothing!...Well, unless you call having a nice breakfast of seafood salad, tomatoes, a banana, and a cup of hot green tea, special! :-] ...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/158590746/sale-flower-power-luncheon-set-snack?ref=favs_view_6

      Although one of hubby's clients 'did' think he was special enough to give him a large bag of different kinds of tea! :-) There were some flavors in the bag that I haven't had for years!...They were prior to my green tea phase. :-)) Too bad I don't have this box (below) to put my teas in!...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/183194170/unusual-tea-bag-box-house-shaped-best?ref=favs_view_5

      I love the butterfly carved in the front!! :-)

      Wait!...There 'is' something else special going on around here!..Well that already happened...this morning!...The physical therapist worked my aching muscles to a frazzle!!...O-U-C-H!!! ^_^ I tried to get some sympathy for the fact that my arthritis is all flared up...because of the rain. But she wasn't having any of it! :-)) It was true though!!!...OUCH!
      I only did the upper body exercises for today though. She gave me a break on the lower body ones....My legs and hips would not have taken it!! NOPE!...But I'll do some moderately altered ones before bed tonight....Or at least I'll try!! :-] I promise!!

      Well...that's it. Except for some flowers! :-) ...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/75622722/black-shawl-with-poppy?ref=favs_view_2
https://www.etsy.com/listing/75622722/black-shawl-with-poppy?ref=favs_view_2

      Isn't it pretty?! :-) ... And no...I didn't make it...I wish I did! :-) But nope!...This 'pretty' is all callmemimi 's..."Good Work, fellow Etsian!" :-)

      Here's some more pretty flowers too!... 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/176564995/hand-knitted-baby-booties-with-crochet?ref=favs_view_1
https://www.etsy.com/listing/176564995/hand-knitted-baby-booties-with-crochet?ref=favs_view_1

      And they're sitting on top of the cutest booties ever! :-) Oooo! The knit work involved here would be intense for me!...That's why I'll leave the knitting to her! ^_^ ... By the way, if any of you is interested in some tiny 'crochet' flowers, my Wuglyees Etsy shop is full of them! ^_^

      Okay...I'm off to 'try' to do a little crocheting. Or take a nap. :-)) Whichever comes first!...Wanna take a guess which one will come first?! ^_^ Have a good rest of the day, Everybody! ♥

Ode To Flowers

Ode to all loved flowers,
whatever color, shape or form.
You enthrall with sheer delight!
At other times, make my heart warm.

Whether photographed or made,
growing tall out in the yard;
In a vase or porch-side planter,
or just naturally unmarred;

Please know you always make me smile,
and lift my mood when I am down.
The world would be a different place
without a lot of you around! 

4 comments:

  1. It's been a pleasure to read your words:)
    Very funny and pleasant !
    I'm really very honored to find my shawl featured on your -oh so lovely- blog !
    Thank you very much !!!
    Lucia
    Call me Mimì

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How nice of you to say, Mimi! :-] But the pleasure was mine. ♥ That shawl, with the pretty flowers, reminded me of how long it's been since I crocheted something bigger than an inch and a half! LOL Your shawl is beautiful!! Keep up the good work! :-)

      Delete
  2. Many thanks for including 5gardenia's vintage umbrella in your lovely post! Best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure, Kathi! :-] ... And what a cool umbrella!!!

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^