Saturday, January 31, 2015

I'm Working Hard For 'Positive' This Weekend!!


      I'm afraid I'm not up to talking much today. It's been a long...long....long....weekend!! A lot of not so smile-worthy things are happening right now, so instead of bringing y'all down talking about that, I'm choosing instead to show you the one smile-worthy thing that 'is' worth talking about!...




      I started the custom-ordered pink baby blanket! :-) I'm not too far along with it so far, but I can thank my non-working washing machine, my extremely bad headache, the snow storm...make that snow STORMS, with an 's' and another one on the way for tomorrow!!! UGH!...and the other non-smile-worthy things that happened over the last couple of days!!!!!...Aarghhhhhhh!
 

      So, please give me a pass for today y'all...and maybe tomorrow. I've got to lift my spirits with the same kind of effort that my dear friends are giving to us!! ♥♥♥ "We love y'all more than you know!!!!" :-]
 


      The really good thing, no matter what happens, is that I always know that with prayer, a good husband, loving friends and family, and a lot of long naps, I can get through just about anything!! ^_^

How Can You Be So Positive

"How can you be so positive
with everything so bad?
When folks are so unkind
and all those doctors make you mad?"

"It's easy!" I assure them.
'Cuz one thing makes it okay.
I wake up every morning,
and I'm breathing every day!

When I can't move a muscle
and can barely lift my head,
I think of all the folks I've known
who now are gone, yes, dead!

No matter what my problem is,
and if I stand or lay,
I'm thankful that my mind still works
and I'm breathing every day!

So how am I so positive,
When things sometimes seem bleak?
It's easy, 'cuz my breathing
keeps on going every week!

Oh yes, I have a choice!
I can be miserable and whine;
Be mean to folks around me,
Be demanding and unkind.

But who would make that choice,
when there's a better way to be?
I mean, who's breathing every day
and writing poems?...ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^