Thursday, January 29, 2015

It's Not A Secret Anymore!!


     Say hello to  my 'chunky' football inspired.........candy dish!! LOL The only other thing I have to say about following the pattern to make it is.....AARGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! 


      All I wanted to do was be a thoughtful loving wife, and as a surprise for my husband, make him a pair of football slippers that he could wear on the day of the upcoming Superbowl football game! (February 1, 2015)


      But, as usual when I start trying to follow a pattern to make something that has a bunch of pieces that need to be put together in a certain kind of way.....*flash backs are coming to me of poor wobbly headed Baby Wuglyee! LOL*... my frustration level went through the roof!! O_O


      'Line this up with that...sew this...stuff that...tact on these......measure between this and that....etc. UGH!!! O_O By the time this stupid football slipper huge candy dish....*OH YEAH! It's definitely a candy dish now!!LOL*...was done, I'd sewn and ripped out seams about three or four times!!


     Not to mention the fact that I could only work on it when hubby was out of the house!! O_O ... "Oooooo! Won't he be surprised on game day?" I said to myself....Huh!...The one that got the surprise was 'ME!'


      He came home from work a full hour ahead of time and caught me stuffing the football!! O_O ...*sigh*...And obviously, at this point, I had to tell him the whole 'secret' ... because he recognized the football slipper right away and started hugging and kissing me in wholesome exuberant gratitude! :-)) He knew it was for him because of the size of it!.....'big man thirteen'!! LOL
      He started barraging me with a bunch of questions about whether the other one would be ready by game day, and was I sure they would fit his feet, and were they warm, etc?!...*sigh*...It almost broke both of our hearts....with him standing there wearing the one huge candy dish on his foot, and a huge multi-tooth-flashing smile....for me to tell him that there wouldn't be 'another' one!...EVER!!!!!!! LOL
      If I took the time to look at myself in the mirror right now I'm sure I'd find only a few strands of fuzzy hair left on my head, and a bunch of bald spots with huge blue veined nerve endings sticking out!! LOL...Needless to say, as much as I love my husband...and his big giant size thirteen feet!...I will not...I repeat, NOT!...be making another theretofore named 'football slipper'! ^_^ It's now a dip bowl, a candy holder, an art piece, a football display piece, or WHATEVER he wants it to be! ^_^ Surprise, Honey! It's yours!! ♥ You can do whatever you want with it!...as long as it's not...waiting for it to turn into two of them!! LOL
       

      In less stressful news, there's sun in the backyard!! ^_^ Yes, it's sun that's on top of a lot of snow...and some more snow is on the way tomorrow.....UGH!...but at least it's not a crocheted football!! LOL Some things you just need to be thankful for, and let that be that!! :-) Have a good rest of the day, Everybody!!

Sun

You make water cycles flow.
You give green to leaves and doe.
You add shine to a new rainbow,
and you make the flowers grow.

Without you, we could not sow,
there'd be nothing there to hoe.
There'd be no grass for us to mow.
And our mood would be real low.

Because of you, we go, go, go,
and all our 'ducks are in a row'.
We so appreciate your glow.

Our sunny smile is how you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^