Thursday, February 5, 2015

Crocheting...Pizza...Football.....SCORE!!!


      I've been a bit preoccupied the last couple of days, between snow watching, pizza eating, and crocheting. All....well...most of them...necessities, to keep my mind on the smile-worthy side! :-) But you can probably guess which one of the three activities could be left out!! LOL
      The one thing I haven't been preoccupied with is blogging! ^_^ Did you notice?!...The truth is I haven't been feeling my uppermost best. I had another incident with the old puke bucket...all night. YUCK! And the next day my stomach was not in a friendly mood...At...ALL!! O_O
      It wasn't a flu bug or anything. It was a bad chicken wing from one of the local fast food restaurants! O_O That's what I get for trying to buy something fast and cheap!!...Lesson learned!!...Moving on!! ^_^
      I'm feeling much better now, just in time for another snow storm to hit us this coming weekend!! UGH!...The good news being that I'll have tons of quiet snow-watching time to finish my custom ordered baby blanket! :-) I just finished crocheting the name into it...in little white heart shapes! ^_^       
     

      If you look closely, you can see what her name is...I hope! ^_^
 

      Maybe I'll share the blanket completely finished by the end of the storm...around Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. :-) You probably can't tell, but that last sentence was written with me smiling from ear to ear with hopefulness!! :-)) 
     
      Speaking of smiling from ear to ear, that's what I was doing when one of my dear girlfriends called and said: "Would you guys like to have a pizza for dinner?!" ^_^


      And she had already ordered it!! :-) I guess she knew that the answer would be.....YES!!!!!!! ^_^ She had one side of it all cheese, and the other side pepperoni and spicy sausage!...Now tell me, would you have turned it down?! ^_^

      In other news, my other girlfriend finished one of her crochet 'football slippers'! :-]
 

      She used different colors for hers...her son's favorites, I think. And she let her son stuff it. :-) Can you see his...uhhhhh...generous hand?! :-)
 


      She's almost finished with her second one...except for the stuffing! ^_^ I think I'm kinda jealous!...I know my hubby is!! LOL...Yeah, I know, I'm gonna have to make him a pair of football slippers!!...And soon! :-))
      Okay...time to 'kick'...*football...kick....get it?!* ^_^...this blog post to the curb!! LOL Have a good rest of the day, Y'all! ♥

Do You Play?!

I had some 'Play Time' in my youth,
back when my hips could take the heat.
I couldn't wait to find someone
that I could race, chase down, or beat!

How many times did I 'Hopscotch',
play some marbles, skip a rock?
And a game of 'Tag' could go
until you couldn't see the clock!

All my games were very active.
So much energy, people! WOW?!
But things have changed. It's different,
because I'm so much older now!

I still have 'Play Time' at my age,
but the games are slow and rare.
I like board games, playing cards,
things you do right from your chair.

The games I watch can't be too long.
I'll fall asleep! I'm kind of nod-dy.
And I have to use my mind.
No running round now with this body.

I play with things like yarn,
and with hooks...even thread.
And I play with pen and pencil,
pulling poems from my head.

Whichever way, I have to play!
It's my excuse to have a laugh.
I just have to keep it slow.
Don't want a charlie-horse in my calf!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about that bad chicken wing! Pizza looks delicious though! I haven't been in the mood to blog much either. I only managed one post this week.
    TRISH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sympathy, Trish. :-)) Pizza good.....Regular blogging, not so good! LOL But I'm still swinging for it!! ♥

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^