Friday, February 27, 2015

I Have A 'Thing' For Bags And Slippers!!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/221311086/oh-deer-fabric-shoulder-bag-in-orange?ref=favs_view_1

      I thought Friday would never get here!! ^_^ That's the kind of week I've had!...but I won't get into all of that today. I just wanted to stop by to tell you about my 'virtual' Friday Date Night trip, and show off a bag, and a couple of slippers!! ^_^
      One of the bags, the one in the header photo, isn't mine. It's just one that I saw on Etsy and had to share! :-) Aren't those deer the cutest!!...With all of the piles of snow we have in the backyard, those deer are the only wildlife I've seen around here in months!! LOL Unless, of course, you count the very large feral black cat that prowls the backyard as if it's his own private 'stomping grounds'!! ^_^

      Enough about that!...Let me show you the first pair of slippers I made from a new pattern that I bought on Etsy last week! :-) ...



      I love the soft fuzzy yarn I 'tried' to make them with, but...uhhhh...they ended up not working with this pattern. They were just entirely too thick!! And the stitches were very hard to see too, because the yarn was kind of knotty....Too bad for me! :-(




      But I'm not the kind of girl to let a crochet slipper pattern get the best of me!! ^_^ I just pulled it all apart...or cut it up...WHATEVER!! LOL...and started over!! :-) But this time I used some yarn I could see the stitches on!! :-) And they came out great!!



      I made them to give to my neighbor, thinking that she could use them on her job where she's always on her feet. But, unfortunately, I made them too big for her feet! :-)) I found out...after the fact...that she wears a size six. These slippers are a size eight.



      As it turns out though, the slippers still went to a good owner! :-) I gave them to one of my friends who was in a group of friends who came over to give me a gift!! ^_^ Oooooooo!...
 


      The gift I was given came in a beautiful bag too!! :-)
 


      The bag has colors everywhere, and birds, and butterflies, and FLOWERS!! ^_^
 


      And mixed fiber yarn was in the bag!! I can't wait to make something pretty out of it!!! :-) But there was also some other things in the bag!!...Including a large crochet book, with some FABU patterns!...And a pair of new crochet hooks (below)!! :-)
    
I am going to have SO MUCH FUN with this gift!!! ♥ THANK YOU...you know who!! ^_^ 

      I'm going on a 'la ti dah' kind of 'virtual date' tonight! Hubby has hired a 'virtual' chauffeur, and packed a picnic basket, even!! ^_^ He said he wanted us to be able to take a nap in the car on the way there, and eat, listen to music, watch the scenery, etc...without worrying about anything.....I'M GAME!! ^_^
      This Friday is starting off great already! I received a bagged gift from some dear friends, and hubby cooked me some fish and grits for breakfast, bought me a large coffee and cruller (tubular donut) from 'Dunkin Donuts', and I watched the latest episode of 'Downton Abbey'! ^_^ I don't think this day could get any better!...but I'm open to being wrong!! ^_^
      Have a good day, Everybody! ♥♥♥

Balance

You teeter totter, in the middle,
Lean a little, OOPS! You're off!
Now you know that you're not balanced,
and you hope the ground is soft.

It's not easy to achieve,
and once you have it, to maintain.
In almost every part of life
our balance is so hard to gain.

You have to balance your emotions,
how you eat, and how you spend.
And when you're balancing your checkbook,
try to keep a level grin.

Staying somewhere in the middle
takes a conscious, careful touch,
because it doesn't take a lot
to go from balanced to 'too much'!

So try to keep a balanced eye,
a balanced plate, and balanced life.
Keep your feelings all in check,
and minimize the stress and strife.

And don't compare your sense of balance
 to your neighbor's...you're alone.
Because your neighbor's also trying
to get some balance of his own!

2 comments:

  1. Love those pink slippers! Too bad the others didn't work out. What a bummer to spend all that time on them. Live and learn, eh? Glad you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pammy Sue!! :-) My friend that just received the pink pair says she likes them!...comfortable and warm....YAY!!! ^_^ It doesn't take much to please a crocheting fool like me! LOL You have a good time playing in the snow in Texas yourself!!! Brrrrr! :-))

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^