Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Do You Have Different Times For Different Kinds Of 'COMFORT FOOD'?


      I know the header question is kind of an odd question to be asking when you're looking at a pair of crochet slippers, not food! :-)) But I didn't have any pictures of the food. I ate it all up!! LOL So you'll just have to settle for the conversation we're about to have about it...while you look at a few of the 'comfort slippers' I have listed in my wuglyees shop right now! ^_^

 (by wuglyees)

      Why am I talking about 'comfort food', you ask?!...Because I was having one of those days over the weekend where I was slowly eating some 'Ben & Jerry's' ice cream off of a big soup spoon while thinking about a well-done cheeseburger. That's why! LOL It was at that moment that I realized that some of the incidents of late, incidents where I would have had one kind or the other of a certain kind of 'comfort food' to get me through it, had crossed over each other, and I wasn't gonna be able to comfort myself with food to get through it!!...Well, not with one kind of food anyway!! LOL
      Money problems, health problems, disappointments, discouragement, people I love getting into trouble with the law....you know, things that make you need huge vats of some kind of comfort food!!...or hours and hours of hugs, and lots of prayer!!
      Frankly, what's really getting me through it is lots of love from friends and family, prayer, Biblical reminders, my brand new Bible student's attentiveness, and projects to crochet! :-) 


 (by wuglyees)


      
         Okay....and food!!! ♥ ^_^ ... When there's not enough money at the end of the month I focus on the comfort of a great big chef salad with ham and cheese folds, ripe-thin sliced tomatoes, black olives, lettuce, green and red bell peppers, black pepper and hot pepper flakes!...YUM!...and it all seems better! ^_^


       When I get that 'out-of-the-blue' phone call that harbors a brick-load of bad news, followed by an email saying that the news is even worse than I first thought....UGH!...I sit down with a big spoon, and a pint of 'Ben & Jerry's' 'Chunky Monkey'...and chew my way to calm!! :-))


       When I move unexpectantly and throw my shoulder out of place...OUCH!...I holler for hubby to bring me a bowl of chicken noodle soup, or a hot chocolate to sip on...and eventually I relax enough to fall asleep...where I'm not in pain, or thinking about pain, for at least a little while!
       Of course, food isn't the cure all to end all!! In fact, it usually doesn't change anything really! But I sure have enjoyable comfort thinking it does!! ^_^ ... Am I the only one who does this?...I think not!!...I'm sure some of you have what I call 'Go To' comfort foods!
      When someone has lied to you.......French Fries!
      When the check that they said was in the mail...isn't actually in the mail!....a grilled cheese sandwich!
      When there's no more money to spend on comfort food!...an egg sandwich with pickles and mayo! LOL (Sometimes you have to find comfort with what's left in the fridge!! LOL)
       Yes! There are loads of other comfort foods that are not so bad for you, like baked chicken with a vinaigrette dressing, cabbage soup, cottage cheese topped with a pineapple ring and fresh tomato, and many many more!! I'm sure you could name a few! ^_^
      


      But whatever the food, for whatever the situation, my question is why does it seem to work?...Even if only temporarily?!...I suspect, in my case, that it has something to do with the way I was comforted through hard times as a kid.
     It seemed that through all of the hard situations of my childhood...having to move from place to place, watching my baby sister being given to other adoptive parents, my parent's divorce, and OTHER stuff! Some of it really YUCKY STUFF!...there was always food!
     I sometimes dream about the food of my childhood: homemade biscuits and gravy, peach cobbler, turkey cornbread stuffing, bacon, fried chicken, meatloaf, hash browns, homemade french fries, hamburgers, homemade jam, etc....*drooling*...Oh yeah!...COMFORT!!! :-)
 



      And today, with aching joints because of the rain, what do I have...uhhhh...comfortable slippers, and a dream! LOL And prayer!! ^_^ There's no 'comfort food' in sight!!...unless you wanna call leftover cabbage and a boiled egg 'comfort food'!! LOL But, for that to be the case, you'd have to be comforting a walrus whose been cooped up at the zoo!!! LOL I guess I'll stick to my dreams!! ^_^ Have a good day, Eaters!! ♥

Fast Food!

Tasty, salty, satisfying.
Bloating, coating stomach lining.

Greasy, cheesy, burger grinder.
Gassy, thick, intestine finder.

Crispy, long, french fries a-plenty.
Chocolate, peppermint, green and minty.

Salads; veggie, seafood, chicken.
Fried and floured, finger lickin'.

Hoagies, subs, and roast beef stew.
Catfish, dash of hot sauce too.

Pizza, mushroom, peppers, tomato.
Apple fries instead of potato.

Catch-up, mustard, condiments.
Onion rings? I'm on the fence.

Frosty, frothy, milk shake sip.
Coffee Coolata, do-nut, dipped.

No matter if it's hot or chilled.
Definitely a happy meal.

4 comments:

  1. Chocolate is my comfort food. Always has, always will be. Funnily enough...once a month it is needed! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Ha!...Around here, chocolate is 'the other white meat!!' ^_^ And I'm particular about the kind I eat too! 'Russell Stover's 'nutty, chewy, crunchy' is my GO TO!!...Secondary likes are Mounds, Hershey bars with almond, and Kit Kats! ^_^ Of course, in a pinch, I do resort to peanut brittle without chocolate. BUT only in a pinch!! LOL

      Delete
  2. Hi Deb! Hope all is well with you and I do hope some chocolate is in your future! Comfort food is anything that reminds me of my childhood..Greek food of course! However, after a long day at work some chocolate with my favorite herb tea is always comforting...have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yaya, Yep! All is well...or heading in that direction! ^_^ Nothing that a little chocolate couldn't make even better though!! Ha! Ha!...Have a good weekend! ♥

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^