Thursday, September 10, 2015

Rained Out!...But Holding Onto My Mittens!!


     My photos aren't good enough for me to show you the pouring rain, and trust me when I tell you, you don't wanna see it anyway!! In fact, the header photo was taken yesterday evening, before the pouring rain actually got here!
 

     The forsythia was growing wild and tall, with bumblebees galore all over them!! And the sun was shining beautifully!...Cut to this morning when we opened the blinds....*gulp!*..."What happened to the forsythia?!!!" O_O ...The rain had beat it down to the ground!! The only thing I could see in my window was the hanging hummingbird feeder, and lots and lots of backyard lawn!!
     As the day has worn on, the forsythia has slowly crept back up...Well, most of it has!...I would show you a picture, but it's so dark outside that I can't get a decent shot! Grrr!  By tomorrow it'll probably be back to it's wild and tall self, and you'll wonder what I was talking about! ^_^
     
     I don't have much time to talk right now anyway. I have to get me a nap before my meeting tonight!! You know...old people gotta sleep!! ^_^ But, before I go, let me show you one of the finished mint green mittens! :-) ...
 

     Since I took this picture I've actually finished both mittens. But again...no light to take a proper photo! :-( ... Keep that in mind when you look at my 'Picassa'-altered photos below, of the last 'yucky-yarn' hat!...
 





     The hat shows up good in the pictures, but who is that underneath the hat?! LOL Oh well...you've seen 'Shequita' look better, I'm sure. But trust me, it's her!! ^_^ And you can take my word for it too that she is "sportin' that hat"!!! ^_^

     I started a scarf to go with the mittens, and I'm making up my own pattern for it. Creativity...here I come!! ^_^ If I finish it tomorrow...and the weather cooperates!...I'll take picture and show it to you. If not....I'll find something else to talk about, like maybe...DATE NIGHT!!! ^_^ Have a good one, Everybody!! ♥ :-)

Daylight

Daylight, you bring such happiness,
shining on the Autumn hues.
And when you're gone, you leave more darkness,
bringing on some moody blues.

How could some light, or lack of it,
have me waxing poetic rhyme,
wishing for a place with celestial money,
so I could buy some Daylight Saving Time?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^