Monday, September 7, 2015

Where Is Dr. Seuss When You Need Him?!!


     Hi, Y'all! :-) I don't have a lot of time to talk tonight, so I'm just gonna show you the last project from my bag of ugly 'yucky' yarn. :-) You can see the beginnings of it in the header photo. It's a striped hat. I'm adding some white yarn with the blue and making a hat with the inspiration markings of Dr. Seuss's 'cat-in-the-hat'. ^_^ Or, at least, that's the first thing I thought of when I got it going. :-))
 

     The only difference is that it's not gonna be as tall as Dr. Seuss's hat! ^_^ Or as brightly colored.

 


     I may make a flower to add to it too, if there's enough of it left. Totally unlike Dr. Seuss!! I don't think Dr. Seuss was into crochet flowers! ^_^
 

     It's been a great weekend so far. Tennis...food...tennis...crochet....tennis!! ^_^ What's not to love!! In fact, I just got through watching a great match between Kevin Anderson and Andy Murray. Who knew that Kevin Anderson had that kind of fight in him!! :-] Just in case some of you are tennis watchers and you haven't seen the match yet, I won't tell you who won. But don't assume you know!! ^_^
      Tomorrow evening the Williams sisters, Serena and Venus, are playing each other in the semi-finals!!!! I can't wait to see that match!!!! :-) ... Until then...me and an ugly Dr. Seuss-inspired hat have a date! ^_^ See you later! ♥

Balance

You teeter totter, in the middle,
Lean a little, OOPS! You're off!
Now you know that you're not balanced,
and you hope the ground is soft.

It's not easy to achieve,
and once you have it, to maintain.
In almost every part of life
our balance is so hard to gain.

You have to balance your emotions,
how you eat, and how you spend.
And when you're balancing your checkbook,
try to keep a level grin.

Staying somewhere in the middle
takes a conscious, careful touch,
because it doesn't take a lot
to go from balanced to 'too much'!

So try to keep a balanced eye,
a balanced plate, and balanced life.
Keep your feelings all in check,
and minimize the stress and strife.

And don't compare your sense of balance
 to your neighbor's...you're alone.
Because your neighbor's also trying
to get some balance of his own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^