Saturday, April 12, 2014

Let's Put Some Light On This Subject, Shall We?!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/156269648/table-lamp-from-driftwood-oak-wood-rope?ref=favs_view_3

      The sun is shining, and the sky is blue!...And that's the end of the 'all good news' you're gonna hear from me today! ^_^ Well, maybe not. I can also report that I'm less tired these days than I have been lately! And I know why! :-)
      The reason is because whatever it was that had my white blood count and my SED rate raised...is apparently getting better! YAY! :-) The last bloodwork results showed that my SED rate is heading in the right direction, and my white blood count is in normal range! :-)
      But I also had some light shed on why I was having problems with carbs...i.e. pancakes and bread and such....I found out that I'm borderline diabetic! O_O In other words, 5.5 would mean I'm not diabetic. 7 and below would be borderline. Mine is 7...exactly! ugh!
      It's not gonna bother me that much, as far as my diet is concerned, because over the last few years I've already culled my diet quite a bit because of how food was making me feel. I only go crazy on 'Virtual Date Night'! ^_^

https://www.etsy.com/listing/178703385/cupcake-dishhand-towel?ref=favs_view_2

      I am gonna have to eat more regular than I usually do...Ugh!...And I also now have to do the finger-stick thing twice a day...which I started a couple of days ago. (So far my levels aren't that bad. Even after maple walnut ice cream on our date last night! ^_^) ... Right now the doctor just wants me to keep a record of my levels for a couple of weeks to see how I'm doing. Who knows what's next with this body!! I just have to go along for the ride! :-] After that, what is going to happen?! O_O ...
      

https://www.etsy.com/listing/85891119/i-wish-i-knew-watercolor-art-print-in?ref=favs_view_1

      Anyway!...It's Saturday! YAY!...Why am I so excited about it though?! Ha! Ha! All I plan to do is 'veg-out'!!...I can use some quiet time around here! Already this morning I tested my blood sugar levels, did my exercises, had some breakfast, read a magazine, spent some talking time with hubby, etc...all before 8 a.m.!!! ^_^ And I have more to do too!
      I have some crocheting to do, gotta do my hair, have lunch...ON TIME! :-)) ...etc. I've got a full day of 'make-believe-vegging out' planned! LOL ... Enough about me. What are you doing today?! ^_^ Whatever it is...have fun, and don't eat too much sugar!! ^_^ BALANCE!!!

Balance

You teeter totter, in the middle,
Lean a little, OOPS! You're off!
Now you know that you're not balanced,
and you hope the ground is soft.

It's not easy to achieve,
and once you have it, to maintain.
In almost every part of life
our balance is so hard to gain.

You have to balance your emotions,
how you eat, and how you spend.
And when you're balancing your checkbook,
try to keep a level grin.

Staying somewhere in the middle
takes a conscious, careful touch,
because it doesn't take a lot
to go from balanced to 'too much'!

So try to keep a balanced eye,
 a balanced plate, and balanced life.
Keep your feelings all in check,
and minimize the stress and strife.

And don't compare your sense of balance
 to your neighbor's...you're alone.
Because your neighbor's also trying
to get some balance of his own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^