Thursday, March 6, 2014

Inspiration: Are Your Arms And Legs Over-rated?!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/86005613/extra-long-black-and-white-striped-arm?ref=favs_view_4

      If you're wondering where I'm going with this, just hang in there with me for a few minutes. :-] And while you're hanging in there, enjoy the beautiful items I found on Etsy...starting with the gorgeous arm warmers in the header photo!
      Now, to my story......I woke up in a not so great feeling...just about to mentally spiral into a "Why Me?"...mood this morning. I still don't know why because I went to bed early; I didn't eat anything before bed that would be making me feel like this; And nothing bad has happened this morning! O_O But.......there I was, not even wanting to take a bath!...Meh!...But no worries...those of you who are thinking: 'EWWWW!', and who now have your nose 'squinched' up! LOL...I did bathe!!
       And I know myself well enough to know that I can't let my mind get too far away from me!...So I headed off to look for inspiration!...Some IT'S NOT THAT BAD!, you better get it together, Girl!...inspiration....And I found it too!!
      I saw that someone on Facebook had posted a video that completely put me in tears....and completely inspired me to feel better!!...But before I share it with you, let me ask you...Do you like your arms and legs?!
      Do you try to think up ways to show them off every day?!...
     

https://www.etsy.com/listing/153577861/dreamy-wedding-dress-featuring-lace-arm?ref=favs_view_3

https://www.etsy.com/listing/177791961/brown-button-down-womens-leg-warmers?ref=favs_view_2

https://www.etsy.com/listing/170185135/white-daisy-lace-up-the-leg-barefoot?ref=favs_view_1

      ...Or do you hate your arms and legs, and you try to find ways to hide them?!...I'm in the 'show them off' camp....Not mine! O_O My arms and legs are cute, but they're strictly utilitarian! LOL...But I do crochet things to show off other people's arms and legs, hands and feet! ^_^...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/88686632/crochet-fingerless-gloves-maroon-red?ref=shop_home_active_5

https://www.etsy.com/listing/102885060/crochet-shoes-small-turquoise-blue?ref=shop_home_active_9

Just check out my stuff in my Wuglyees Etsy shop!

      But if you hate your arms and legs, think about what kind of person you would be if you didn't have any arms or legs!...Would you be a negative thinking blob on the couch...or a positive, productive, delightful person to be around?!...Look at the two videos below, and then tell me what you think!...




      After watching those videos, you still don't like your arms and legs...or whatever body part you have that you think is not that attractive!...WATCH THEM AGAIN!!! :-)) And have a mentally un-spiraled, and good, day! ^_^ ♥

How Can You Be So Positive

"How can you be so positive
with everything so bad?
When folks are so unkind
and all those doctors make you mad?"

"It's easy!" I assure them.
'Cuz one thing makes it okay.
I wake up every morning,
and I'm breathing every day!

When I can't move a muscle
and can barely lift my head,
I think of all the folks I've known
who now are gone, yes, dead!

No matter what my problem is,
and if I stand or lay,
I'm thankful that my mind still works
and I'm breathing every day!

So how am I so positive,
When things sometimes seem bleak?
It's easy, 'cuz my breathing
keeps on going every week!

Oh yes, I have a choice!
I can be miserable and whine;
Be mean to folks around me,
Be demanding and unkind.

But who would make that choice,
when there's a better way to be?
I mean, who's breathing every day
and writing poems?...ME! 

4 comments:

  1. WOW! Puts things in perspective, doesn't it. They need the new world for sure!
    Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it does, my friend!!...It was good for me to see this morning too!! It's making my day ahead look much better than it did when I got up!! :-) Have a good day, Cin!!!!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful video! Loved this. We just take all our advantages for granted. We who have all our faculties and appendages sure don't use them to the fullest. Great positive motivation. I would love to hear him speak sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought they were great videos too, Yaya! I especially liked how both of the people figured out how to 'get on with it!' no matter what had happened to them. They didn't let anything get in the way of them living their lives...It's a lesson we all can learn!!

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^