Saturday, February 25, 2012

'Virtual Date Night'...Void Of Travel, But Dramatic!


         I love this hat! It's so colorful with all of the wonderfully dramatic primary colors. And it's pretty clever too...with the whole traveling train theme. I don't have a baby to give it to...although it could make a great gift, so onto the list it goes! :-]
      It did make me think of traveling though. And since Friday is our usual travel day...for our 'virtual date night' trips I mean...it did remind me that we hadn't planned a trip away this week...especially what with everything going on this week, and sucking the brains right out of our heads! LOL
     So, on a last minute's notice, we decided to just go out for the evening...instead of going away on a long trip. Just to do something fun, and quick! ^_^ Where did we go? And what did we do?!...I'll tell you in a minute! ^_^ ...First I wanna show you the orangy treasury I was telling you about yesterday!... 


       Robin very graciously included my orange rose, glass shell crochet necklace in it, from my Wuglyees Etsy shop...


       What is it about citrus and orange things that make us so happy anyway?!...I don't know, but I know it just does! Just take a close up look at these other items from this treasury!...





     The whole treasury is beautiful (you can click the treasury itself to go and check out the other items), but these four pieces were perfect for our quick 'virtual' night out.  :-)
         Hubby and I went out to a theater Play! :-) We went to see the Tony Award winning play...Memphis! :-) ...

               And we had a good time too!...Before I show you a little piece from the play, let me tell you what it's about.
         It's a musical. It's loosely based on Memphis disc jockey Dewey Phillips, one of the first white Disc Jockeys to play black music in the 1950s...


                ...The North Shore Music Theatre in Beverly, Massachusetts was one of the places fortunate enough to feature it. It won the Tony Award for Best Musical, along with three other Tony Awards at the 2010 Tony Awards...If you haven't seen it, I think it's a play worth a little look-see...if you like musicals that is, cuz oh yeah! it's got great music!!...and dancing too y'all! :-]

       Other news...hubby went to a class at the unemployment office yesterday...they give specific information for those in different situations. Hubby found out a couple of things he didn't know, so we feel like we have a direction to head in now! :-) ... Also he has a meeting early next week...to find out whether the suspension is permanent or what. Because of the info he found out yesterday, we're not sweating it as much as we would have been. 
       We're just gonna enjoy the weekend, do some things that need doing, and stay positive about the whole situation. Worrying won't change the outcome anyway, so why waste time!...Speaking of not wasting time...here's the other finished boutonniere I didn't show you yesterday....

       I put a little silver nail button on this one....made it more MANLY !...(said in a deep voice! ^_^) 

        After I finish the other two I already started, I think I'll move on to something else for a while. Hmmmmm....what would that be?!!....I'm sure I'll think of something!! ^_^
      Have a good weekend everybody!! :-) ...What are you gonna be doing?!

 Going Out With My Baby

Going out with my baby.
Or going nowhere, but it's alright.
Playing games and constant laughing.
I think it's gonna be a great 'Date Night'!

Going out with my baby.
Or staying in, and hugging tight.
Eating all the things we shouldn't.
But smiling through every single bite!

Going out with my baby.
And visiting 'virtually' every sight.
All dressed up or in our jammies,
We're having fun. You know that's right!!

14 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/25/2012

    I have enjoyed reading this very much! Thank you for sharing my treasury list :))
    Robin
    (jarmfarm)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you did! ^_^ It was my pleasure sharing!

      Delete
  2. Loving the music and so glad you enjoyed the play...it's waking me up, a good thing! :-) Thank you so much for featuring Robin's treasury and letting my bracelet out of the closet...this is a very joyful blog.

    Best for today!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, Ha! So glad you're awake now! And glad you liked the blog post. ^_^ It was my pleasure to share your pretty bracelet!...Have a good rest of the day!

      Delete
  3. Deb, the treasury is just so uplifting. I think many of us need to be brightened up a little bit these days. I know what you mean about worrying won't change a thing but we just try to be prepared for what may come. Love the pink and black boutennier. Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Velma! I agree about the treasury. I think it's that happy orange! ^_^ Just the colors we all need to be looking at, right?!...besides pink and black boutonnieres I mean. :-)) Have a good day, Vel!..Head up!

      Delete
  4. Your gorgeous little scarf arrived this morning and it was such a surprise as i had forgotten all about it. I love it its so warm and thick im going to get so much wear out of it in the coming years thank you so much ;-)) I will treasure it like i do the blanket. Love the orange and black boutennier its fab. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee!...YAY! I'm glad you got the scarf...and that you like it! ^_^ It's kinda retro-ish, so it's perfect for you! One of these days you'll get your hands on one of my newer scarves though. They're much softer than some of my 'Wuglyee' scarves. But they're not loved as much! ^_^ ...Thanks for the nice words about the boutonniere too! Have a happy weekend!

      Delete
  5. I always liked that poem!! Fits doesn't it! I'm glad you're more relaxed about the work situation. You can't change anything anyway, so take advantage of the nice weekend together and cross the other road when you get to it.
    I really like that button you chose for that boutonniere! I hope it flies out of your shop!
    Relax and have a great rest of the weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) Thanks, my friend...Me too! ^_^ Your advice is very true! And I'm trying to follow it. :-)...Thanks for the nice words about the boutonniere button also. I hope it does fly out of the shop! And I hope you had a lot of sales today too, in your show. Let me know how it goes. I'm sending good thoughts for you. :-)

      Delete
  6. I love the color orange. I don't know why I don't use it more! Those butterfly cookies really blew me away. I thought they were just so pretty and spring like! I'm glad you had a fun time. It's nice to have theater so close. Our little town has a wonderful University that offers a ton of cultural offerings. It's also cheap and fun! Have a good weekend and I hope next week brings more good news for you two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love orange too, yaya! :-) It's one of those 'bold and beautiful' colors that you have to be secure enough in yourself to use! ^_^...And those butterfly cookies blew me away too!!! :-)...I sometimes talk about my area, but I don't think I often mention the fact that I'm surrounded by universities!! Within 20 minutes distance we have UMass, A.I.C., S.T.C.C. and Springfield College, Holyoke Community (H.C.C.), Mount Holyoke College, Elms College, Smith College, and Amherst College! Phew!!!! And there's something going on in all of them all the time! The news is always full of the goings on. I don't often talk about it because that's for the young folk. :-))

      Delete
  7. Those butterfly cookies look far too good to eat! They look like they should be jewellery or fridge magnets.
    I hope you had a stress free weekend. I know you & hubby deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^_^ You know...I was thinking the same thing the first time I saw them too! They looked like magnets or mobile butterflies that you hang over a baby's bed! :-) Soooo pretty! And apparently tastes soooo good too!...And yes. It was a stress free weekend, but stress is never that far away, is it?! LOL

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^