Tuesday, February 14, 2012

This Post Is For YOU......Men!


      Do men dress up anymore?! For anything besides weddings, I mean?!...I'm thinking they must be starting to, if they haven't been doing it before...because lately I've started to sell men's boutonnieres and lapel pins in my Wuglyees shop!
    In fact, I only started making lapel pins because I was contacted by a gentlemen who requested me to make him a few lapel pins. Really small ones. He wanted to put them in the buttonhole of his suit coat...as a little pop of color!...He had seen some designer making them, but couldn't afford expensive designer teeny tiny lapel pins...So, I made him a few LOT LESS EXPENSIVE crocheted ones...in my own style. :-) Yeah! I'm a designer too...a crochet designer....kinda sorta! ^_^
      Don't get me wrong, I had crocheted boutonnieres for men before! Matter of fact, one customer liked his so much that he sent me a picture of him wearing it, and gave me permission to share it. Remember this?...

          And my own hubby let me take pictures of him 'sporting' some other bigger boutonnieres I made...like my Czech Glass vintage fly button brooch!...


      But I'd never made really small ones....or actually made a boutonniere specifically for the buttonhole! I usually made them to be 'pinned' to the lapel...sorta like most of the gorgeous boutonnieres I found in my Etsy searches....


       So, when I started making the replacement boutonnieres for the shop I started thinking that maybe I should explore other ways to display the boutonnieres on the lapel. Other than pinning them on there, I mean...And then it came to me!...That buttonhole on EVERY suit jacket!...And the more I thought about it, the more that little buttonhole started calling my name!!^_^ {Even though the buttonhole was almost completely closed up on every one of my husband's suits! O_O ...What's that about anyway...designers?!!}
      So....I got to work making some boutonnieres. Each one about two inches across. I made this manly black and gold button one out of my gold sparkly thread...

          Then, for experimenting purposes, I put it on my husband's jacket to see how it would look and work with my new idea...

      :-) Not bad!!...Then I sewed a button on the back of the boutonniere...

      Then I buttoned it to the lapel, using the buttonhole already there...after a little seam ripping opening, I mean. :-))

      It worked perfectly!! :-) I had hubby put it on and look at himself in the mirror to see what he thought...He loved it!! :-) He asked why I hadn't done this before....Uhhhhh....I don't know! {Of course I didn't say that to him! LOL I said something inaudible and acted like I hadn't really heard him. He didn't inquire further. LOL...Not to bash men, but it's been my experience that men rarely inquire further! I think they think we might start a non-stop talking jag or something! ^_^ Most men...at least mine!...usually just leave well enough alone!! LOL}
      Now that I knew this worked, it was just a matter of crocheting my brains out! ^_^ Which...you know...I did!!...

     (above) A gold and black square button one...with a button sewn on back!...

        (above) A lilac and black swirl one...with a button sewn on back!...And...(below)...a black and gold crest button one...

        ...with...you guessed it!...a button sewn on back! :-)
     
       Now, any other crocheting fool would've been very happy with themselves at this point...and stop! But I'm not your average crocheting fool! ^_^ This crocheting fool couldn't get yarn, thread, and color combinations out fast enough!!!...
         
         A classic black and white...for the formal guy!...

         Two shades of pink and black...for the secure and fashionable guy!....


         Red, with a tiny black button...for the powerful guy!...


       And lastly....for now I mean!...a soft yellowy beige one, with fall colors under the button...for the romantic 'trying-to-make-brownie-points' guy! :-)

      They all have buttons on the back, but, if need be, I can still send a pin along for them to pin it somewhere else if they like.....So, what do you think of my new boutonnieres?!...Would your guy wear them?!...And if you ARE a guy...would YOU wear them?!....If so, how much would you be willing to reasonably pay for them?!
     I have to list them in the shop later...after I figure out how much they should cost. I'd love some input on that part...sincerely!...For the rest of today my crochet hook will be down. I've got some studying to do, and a reorganization project to start for someone else...not crochet related.
      I'm thinking about doing another "Say What You Need To Say" day post. Do you remember the last one?! --> HERE <-- Some of you linked your posts up with mine that day. Would you be interested in doing it again?! Let me know. I'm still mulling it over in my head....You know how dangerous that is!!! LOL
     By the way, today is the last day to enter the Giveaway for the scarf! See the right hand sidebar link for details....Okay, have a good day everybody!! :-)

Men Are Not The Same

Men are not the same.
Women, you know what I mean.
They are complicated, quiet,
not fanatics being clean.

Men are not the same.
They could care less how they look!
Yes, a generalization,
in which I could write a book.

Men are not the same.
On long detail don't waste their time.
They will say the color's green,'
Where we say emerald, teal, or lime.

Men are not the same.
Some things are obvious to see.
Like muscle mass and hair,
and the different ways we pee.

The truth is that we like it!
Our feigned annoyance is a myth.
Because if we were both the same
there'd be no one to bicker with!

 

10 comments:

  1. I just love this blog! Your customer is very handsome! Please tell him it is nice to see some men still have taste. I simply love the boutonniere he is wearing and the hat!

    Your work is lovely and this blog rocks! Thank you so much for including Rayvenwoodmanor. I will forward this to all my friends, customers and best facebook buddies!

    In fact, I like it so much that if anyone orders one of my Swarovski Crystal Boutonnieres by reading this blog I will give them 20% off their order no matter how many they want for their wedding or every day enjoyment.

    Use code: WUG20 for an instant discount!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! And thank you for such nice words about the blog!...My customer is gonna be pretty pleased with the nice words you said about him too! :-)...Thanks for the sweet gift of the discount too! That's very generous! I hope tons of people take you up on it! :-) ...Have a good rest of the day! And thanks for the nice comment.

      Delete
  2. Deb, If I weren't married I would have begged you to hook me up with that very handsome well dressed man with taste in fashion. You always amaze me with your creativity. I wish I could help you in giving you and idea what to price them at but I have no idea? They are gorgeous. Love the poem. Thank you for sharing. Have a great day!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Ha! My customer's head is gonna get awful big with all of these nice comments thrown his way!! ^_^ And I agree...he does look quite dapper! But....ummmm...I'm not in the match-making business, in case anybody else is asking! Ha! Ha!...Thanks for the input on the boutonnieres though, even if you couldn't help me with pricing. I'm leaning toward somewhere between 8 and 12. They're a lot more work than they look like...little though they are!...Have a good rest of the day, Vel!

      Delete
  3. All of the boutonnieres are really great looking! I think they are very unique and add a little pizzazz to a suit. I'm especially fond of the black and gold and black and white boutonnieres. I really like the center buttons you have chosen, too. I hope these sell well for you! Wishing you and your husband a Valentine's Day filled with joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie! Thanks for the input on the boutonnieres!...And my favorite is the black and white one too! I may make mostly ones that are that color. It's more formal looking...Hubby and I don't celebrate Valentine's day. Every day is a day of love. :-) But we appreciate the well wishes for us just the same. :-) Thank you!...I just left a comment on you beautiful bird post too!

      Delete
  4. I love your boutonnieres! They all look amazing! I especially like the black & gold crest button. It looks very dressy. I'm not sure if my males would wear them. Maybe if they were going somewhere special perhaps.
    Today's poem was great. It certainly made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! Thanks, Jo! :-) And F.Y.I., I don't think a lot of males are dressing up that much these days! Although with the sale of a few more boutonnieres, I'm hoping to affect that trend toward the better! ^_^ ...And YAY! My poem made you smile! THAT makes me smile! :-))

      Delete
  5. I like the poem a lot and all your boutonnieres.
    Happy Valentine's day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) Thanks, Priscila! I'm so glad!...And thanks for the sentiment about Valentine's day, although we don't celebrate it. "Every day" is a day to appreciate our love. :-)

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^