Tuesday, January 1, 2013

And The Search Begins Again!!


       Contrary to what you may be thinking right now, when I say 'the search begins again' I'm not talking about my search for owls! :-)) I'm not searching for owls again today!...Although the cute earrings in the header photo 'do' look like owl eyes...and I did 'run across' a couple more owls on Etsy yesterday...by accident! ^_^ ...

 

       No, my search today is a search for brain cells!! LOL I'm gonna need to wrangle as many of them together as I can, for the next two months or so, to help me remember that this is a new year!...*It's not 2012.....It's not 2012....ANY MORE!!* ^_^
      Oh, my poor checkbook!!... ^_^ ...It's gonna end up with so many scratched out numbers in it!!! I'm gonna be writing 2012 everywhere...I just know it!! LOL...Come on!!!! Am I the only person that does this?! O_O And don't try to humor me with your sympathetic pat on my brainless back either!! LOL
       2013.......2013.......2013!!!!....I don't care how many times I say it. I know what's gonna happen...*Thank you brain for being menopausal and 50 something!! Grrrrr!*...I'm gonna be right in the middle of writing a check for some bill or something....and yes I 'do' still write checks!! ^_^ I'm not an "online-do-everything" type of girl!...not yet anyway! LOL...and my brain is gonna say: "2012....Uhhhh....2012.....wait!....1912...2003....2113.....Ugh!!!!" LOL Then I'm not gonna be able to remember how to count...or say my name!!! ^_^
       I probably really should jump on into the online banking thing. After all...they put the date on everything automatically for you, right?!....*blink, blink*...but my brain says: "No, don't do that!! O_O Then "they" will have all of your information, they'll know where you live, where you shop, where you go to buy your chocolates, and the world as you know it....the tucked in numbers world I mean...will end in a flame of confused and limping brain cells....all YOURS!!! LOL
      Whatever!!! LOL...Maybe the search for good working brain cells is already a lost cause!! ^_^ Maybe I'll just search for a new checkbook instead! ^_^ ...These three could be possibilities...




     Okay, let's face it.....choosing even a checkbook with these brain cells today may be a stretch!! LOL I'm gonna stick with what I know I can do....crochet!!! :-) I don't even 'need' brain cells to do that now!! ^_^ ...That's my story, and I'm sticking with it!! LOL And apparently my customers trust that this is true...because they're still buying my boutonnieres! :-) I sold both of these last night!...



       So off I go to wrap and ship these off to my international customer, and to crochet up some more of them!! :-) That will be just what my brain cells need to do today....search for rest! ^_^ ... Have a good day, Everybody!

I Love A New Beginning

I love a new beginning,
whether day or year or hour.
All the new growth that's now starting,
like the budding of a flower.

The beginnings of a schedule,
 like a long lost welcomed friend.
I love a new beginning,
and so "Here We Go Again!!!"

8 comments:

  1. ....so "here we go again" is right!! New everything! This reminds me I have to get out the new day text and calendar. I have to print out records for last year for my business AND I have to remember to write 2013 on my checks!! I'm with you in not remembering things. Hopefully by June I'll have it down pat!! LOL
    Have a wonderful day and congrats on your sales!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! New Everything...except brain cells for me!! LOL ... By the way, yes...June should be about right!! ^_^ Have a good day, Cindy!!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year, Deb! And thank you for featuring my checkbook wallet. It's good to know I'm not the only one who still writes checks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Ha! No, you're not the only one that still writes checks!! ^_^ Does that make us romantically 'progressive' or 'fossils' though!! LOL...And it was my pleasure to share your wallet!!...Have a good day! :-]

      Delete
  3. Here's to a happy and healthy New Year! And to working brain cells - although I find that I often amuse myself when my brain cells have the hiccoughs a little bit... ;-) Congrats on your sales! I'm not surprised - your creations are gorgoeus!! Happy 2013!! Hugs, Silke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Ha! Yep! I'm trying to work those brain cells every chance I get!! ^_^ ... By the way, creating paintings, it's good to have brain hiccoughs!...That doesn't work so good for writing checks or crocheting!! LOL

      Delete
  4. I sometimes think I'm not fond of change or new beginnings, but when I do start something new I find I'm excited to see how it plays out...so I'm excited to see how this year plays out and I'm sending you a wish for good health and success with your lovely items you make. I love the owl theme that's been so big. My one Granddaughter loves owls too so I'm always on the lookout for her! We have a sweet owl here at the pines that I hear often and have seen only a few times...it must love the safety of our pine trees..or the barn next door!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me it's just another day further than yesterday, Yaya,...Ha! Ha!...except for me having to write a new year date! Ugh!! ^_^ "Everything old is new again"...haven't you heard?!! Or else it soon will be! :-)...Anyway! :-) I have a relative that's really into owls too. And one who used to be really into elephants! :-) Hubby and I are really into Bengal tigers. Thankfully, there's something for all of us to admire in the world! Jehovah God did a great job with that, didn't he?! :-) I wish I could here your owl out in the pines 'hoo-ing' away! :-] It's probably a very calming sound.

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^