Monday, December 31, 2012

'OWL' Be Doing What?!!


      I've been seeing owls everywhere, but none as beautifully colored as this one!! I love it!! It has all of my favorite boutonniere thread colors in it!! :-) ... Once again I can say it: "People are so talented!!" I can see why this beauty won an award!!
     We don't have any owls in the backyard...that I know of anyway!...


       "Hey!.....I mean 'Hoo!'...owls, are you back there?! O_O" LOL

      Owls 'do' tend to be kind of unseen in wooded areas, don't they?! So 'Hoo' knows...I may have one back there and just have never seen him! :-] ... But we 'do' have woodpeckers, chickadees, and a resident cardinal! I know because I 'have' seen them....every day just about!! :-) 
      Something else I know we have back there is snow!!..I've seen it too!....iced-over snow! O_O I'd much rather look for....and 'at'...owls!....even Etsy owls!...




       I'm also gonna be looking at my books, some thread, some packages that need to be shipped, and some breakfast!! ^_^ I've got a lot on my plate today.....Well, not on my 'plate' exactly!....not all of it anyway! LOL
     Our meeting got switched around this week because of a visitor coming. So I have to put my schedule in hyper-gear in order to get everything done....which I 'will'...Jehovah God willing....do!!

      On a personal note, I want to say to a particular reader of my blog whose going through a tough health scare right now, I have YOU on my mind this morning...Sending good thoughts your way, and letting you know the best help you could possibly get is heading your way!! :-) 

       Have a good day, Everybody!!...The week is....OFF to a running start!!!!...Do good things with it, and let your words reflect your heart! :-))

Living Are The Words

All Poets through the ages,
from Poe to Maya Angelou,
have known the power of a word
and what the written word can do.

Words, alone, or in a sentence,
camouflaged or on their face,
are living breathing things,
occupying time and space.

Left within the mind
no one can hear them swear and curse.
When you release them by your speech,
their jab can go from bad to worse.

A complement is like the carving
of a golden apple's peel.
Falling gently on the hearer,
making shiny words a meal.

Cutting words are like a dagger
seeking out the mind and heart.
of the innocent and sure.
Pulling confidence apart.

Living breathing, in and out,
causing havoc every day.
You could be their vehicle.
So, be careful what you say.

Let good words inhabit spaces,
(which inevitably they do.)
And in receiving minds and hearts?
Let them flourish in there too!

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous12/31/2012

    Thanks! Very cool owls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! :-) I thought they were pretty cool owls too!

      Delete
  2. Hoo knew?!! I didn't know there were so many awesome owls on Etsy! Thanks for sharing. I LOVE the first one too! So colorful!
    Hope your blog friend is alright.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^_^ Right, Cindy, 'Hoo' knew indeed!!...And by the way, it's not a blogland friend. It's in my real life...These are tough days now!!!...Have a good rest of the day too, my friend!

      Delete
  3. Deb,
    thank you for the lovely inclusion of my owl painting.
    Your blog is just stunning.
    Your poem is truly beautiful and thought provoking - there is a
    great New Year's resolution I will try my best to uphold ( think before I speak potentially hurtful words)
    I hope you will have a great and prosperous New Year.

    Ricky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ricky! It was my pleasure to share your BEAUTIFUL owl painting!! :-) And thank you for the very generous words about my blog and my poem. The poem's words were a reminder for myself, and I find that, new year or old year, they are words that need remembering by all of us living in these tough times!!...Thank you for stopping by and leaving such a nice comment! :-)

      Delete
  4. What a lovely post. Thank you for including my mug!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the nice words, Jill!...And it was my pleasure to share it! :-)

      Delete
  5. Anonymous1/01/2013

    love that first image!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kamana! :-) Have a good day!

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^