Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Poets "Scooooooooooooooore!!!" :-)

https://www.etsy.com/listing/33081816/book-20-poems?ref=shop_home_active_5

      Hello, Y'all!...Whatcha doing?!...Me?!...Oh, just trying to stay in the air conditioning! Oh Yeah...it's HOT today!! O_O Nothing earth-shattering. Just in the 80s is all. But considering that, after a thunderstorm in the middle of the night, I thought the temperature would get cooler today...it's surprisingly hot!...and humid!
      I don't have to go outside into it though, so 'Go Ahead, Mr. Weather! Knock Yourself Out!!' ^_^ I'm inside the house, in the air conditioning, scrolling through Etsy treasuries, like this one!...

https://www.etsy.com/treasury/MTU0ODkzMjd8MjcyNjM1MDU1OA/w-h-i-s-p-e-r

      The reason I'm scrolling through Etsy treasuries, and especially through this one above, is because my book of poems was chosen to 'keep company' with the other items chosen for this treasury! :-)
      My poems don't usually get that much attention. Not even from me! LOL I haven't written more than two or three new poems over the last few months!...I write them when I get inspired to, but lately I haven't been inspired to do much of anything...except this blog...and some sports watching! ^_^
      Between the French Open tennis tournament, The NBA Basketball play-offs, and now...soccer!...

      

https://www.etsy.com/listing/116859923/soccer-player-decal-sticker-wall-cool?ref=favs_view_1
https://www.etsy.com/listing/116859923/soccer-player-decal-sticker-wall-cool?ref=favs_view_1

      ...all of my time has been joyously taken up! ^_^ Next week another major tennis tournament will start...Wimbledon! :-) I'm already getting my soft 'prop-me-up' pillows ready!! LOL 
      Don't get me wrong, I'm not so involved with sports as to not be doing ANYTHING else! I mean, I do have a whole life going on over here! Ha! Ha! But most of my life is not worth writing blog posts about!...taking baths, putting on deodorant and lotion, folding clothes, eating hot dogs and chips, drinking lots of water, exercising, taking hummingbird pictures, trying to get my husband to be a bit more tidy...you know, LIFE!! ^_^
      So, instead of boring you with LIFE, I'll just share soccer with you! ^_^

https://www.etsy.com/listing/121805543/soccer-necklace-sports-jewelry-soccer?ref=favs_view_2

      And, of course, crochet flowers earrings! :-) ...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/184812786/goldfilled-wedding-earrings-with?ref=favs_view_10

      Come on! You knew there would be a flower in this post somewhere!! ^_^ "Scooooooooooooooooooooooore!!!!!" Ha! Ha! Have a good rest of the day, Everybody! ♥

Poetry

Poetry, the gift of words,
that help you say whats in your heart;
that puts your thoughts of life together,
but pulls emotions all apart.

Poetry, your quiet friend,
that gives your voice a place to land;
that gives the things you'd  never say
a way to jump out from your hand.

Poetry, done to a beat,
a beat of words, said right in time,
without confusion of the music,
but just the rhythm and the rhyme.

Poetry, phrase harmony;
the way a noun and adverb meet;
the way they line up side-by-side,
and all Not needed they delete.

Poetry, the passing thoughts,
and all the others I hold dear,
of all the people and the places
that I've  written down right here.

Poetry, the gift of words,
and putting them together too;
Without the pen and paper
what in the world would my mind do?

2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful poem!
    And so sweet of you to feature my earrings. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww! :-] Thank you, Natalie! ♥ ASnd it was my pleasure to share your really cute earrings!!

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^