Saturday, June 21, 2014

Look At What's Going On In My Backyard Now!!


      Over the years I've had lots of activity, and lots of 'critter visitors' to my backyard and surrounding home. Like in the header photo. That little sleepy baby was found on the ground when one of my friends came to visit! :-]
      And, of course, I've had lots of hummingbirds visiting the backyard over the years!...


      As a matter of fact, our hummingbird feeder is getting lots of activity daily right now!! :-) Such is the way it is at summertime around the Wug's backyard! ^_^ ... Did I mention that today is officially the first day of summer?! :-) Yep!...June 21, 2014!!...So, Happy Summer to all those in this time zone!! ^_^
         Okay...back to what I was talking about... :-)) ...'critter visitors' to the backyard! :-) We've had cardinals!...


      ...Lots and lots of robins!...


      In fact, we even found this robin egg just sitting on the patio after a storm!...


      A few days prior, it had been in this nest, that is in the tree in our backyard. :-) ...

 

      Hubby couldn't see the eggs at the time he took the photo. ^_^ He raised his arm above his head as far as he could...while hanging onto the tree in an awkward position...took the picture, and hoped he would see something! :-) And he did!!!...In fact, it's one of the best photos he's ever taken in our backyard! ^_^
        He couldn't figure out how to get a good focused shot of this little visitor to the backyard!...


      And I 'wish' his focus hadn't been as good when he took the photo of this....EWWWWWW!....'critter visitor' to the backyard!! O_O ...


      But this morning...this first day of summer, June 2014, we saw something in the backyard that we've never seen!...In fact, TWO things!!...Let me precede this by saying that I have indeed seen bunnies in my backyard. Or should I say "A" bunny! A very large bunny!! O_O I've seen him every once in a while slowly making his way across the yard.
        But this morning, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a bunny jumping up and down!.....Up and Down...in the same spot!! O_O I was like: "What in the world?!!" O_O And then I saw that while that bunny was jumping up and down in the same spot, another bunny was 'spazzing out', running circles around him, and then sprinting left.....sprinting right.....sprinting left.....etc. O_O "Uhhhhh...what's up, Doc?" LOL
      I was stunned for quite a while, and then it dawned on me that I needed to show this to someone!...and hubby wasn't home! LOL I didn't think he would totally believe me...considering I wasn't feeling well when he left. I thought he might think my mind was not feeling well, like my body was not feeling well! LOL So I grabbed the camera and starting videoing!! ^_^ But I only caught a tiny bit of what they were doing...



      Then hubby came home and we were listening to music while I was talking to him about the bunnies, and how nice the weather was, and how it's the first day of summer...Then he started talking to me about how a man had been rude to him when he went in the ministry this morning...All of a sudden hubby stopped mid-sentence and starting 'spazzing out'!! O_O
      He yelled "Whoaaaaaaaaa!! Where's the camera?! Where's the camera?!!" :-0 And I was like: "What is it?! What is it?!"...And he pointed out the window, as he ran for the camera!!...This is what we saw!!...



         Just sauntering across the yard, just as bold as you please!!! :-) ...


      Now, I always knew it was possible for deer...or bears...or foxes...or even a mountain lion!...to waltz through my backyard at any time. BUT I've never actually seen it happen!!...except for the fox. We have seen foxes! We've just never photographed them because they were always moving too fast!...But this deer looked like he was at home! :-)
      A deer...at home in my backyard!!...on the weekend!...in Massachusetts!...on the first day of summer!! ^_^ Needless to say, it's not gonna be hard work finding something to smile about today!! ^_^ I hope the same holds true for YOU!! ♥ Have a good weekend, Everybody!

I Love A New Experience

I love a new experience!
No matter how it's learned.
A fact that's new to me,
or a new food that I've burned.

A place I've never been,
or a person I've not known.
A book I've never read,
or a gadget on my phone.

A song that's not my norm,
or a craft I've never tried.
A veggie fixed a new way,
whether boiled, sauteed or fried.

I love a new experience!
A new jolt for my old eyes.
To make my life worth living,
and each day a great surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^