Wednesday, February 5, 2014

YIKES!...I Think We're 'In For It' This Time!!!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/87301276/surreal-landscape-photo-winter-road-car?ref=favs_view_6

     Have you heard?!...We're having a snow storm!! O_O I can tell it's really gonna be a 'doozie' too, because it started this morning around 4:30 a.m. ... about 4 hours ago ... and we already have about 6 inches of snow on the ground!! O_O
     It's coming down so fast...and heavy! O_O I guess it's a good thing I have lots of videos 'at the ready', and lots of talking and crocheting to do! ^_^ ... (I'm working on some black boutonnieres and tiny lapel pins today).

https://www.etsy.com/listing/171467763/winter-wonderland-winter-greeting-card?ref=favs_view_4

     Imagine how much fun I'm gonna have watching the suet feeder...which is full now!...as birds come-a-running in the snow!.....But...uhhhh...so far..uhhhh...not a one has shown up!! LOL I guess they're out there flying through the mall, going from store to store like the rest of the people, buying window wiper fluid, snow blowers, shovels, de-icer, and snow tires! ^_^

https://www.etsy.com/listing/124509052/bench-winter-snow-storm-winter-harbor?ref=favs_view_2

     In the meantime, hubby is catching up on laundry, planning to cook all kinds of yummy things (including chicken wings! ^_^), and listening to music. NOT funk music though! We learned in a documentary type show last night, where the origins of 'funk' music came from, and WOW!!! O_O ... We'll never look at funk music the same again!!!! O_O
     
     So, what are you doing to pass the time during the storm?...(provided you're being affected by it.)

https://www.etsy.com/listing/95577904/the-snow-storm-cross-stitch-pattern-pdf?ref=favs_view_5

     It's gonna be a lot of work when it's all said and done, I'm sure! In fact, my girlfriend has already went out and shoveled her driveway twice, just trying to keep up with it!! O_O We're waiters.....Waiters for someone else to come by and shovel it!! LOL We just wanna enjoy the day off! :-]

https://www.etsy.com/listing/169486534/nyc-snow-storm-historic-nyc?ref=favs_view_3

       We know we're gonna be 'in for it' soon enough. Why hurry the process!! ^_^

https://www.etsy.com/listing/123810435/cat-art-tuxedo-cat-in-snow-storm-5-x-7?ref=favs_view_1

     So, I hope your old movie stack is high, your heater is working well, your loved ones are not snow removers by trade (Ha! Ha!), and you have lots of Twizzlers, M&Ms, and cereal in the house...Ha! Ha! (That was a nod to Yaya's post this morning. You can read it HERE.) ... If you do, you're probably feeling good right about now, right?! ^_^ ... ME TOO!!! ♥



All My Plans Unfurled

With all my plans unfurled today,
and nothing urgent pressing me,
I might crochet another scarf
or have a steeping cup of tea.

I might watch an old movie,
or take a nap, just for a minute.
Or I might take out a book to read,
or jot a few nice words down in it.

When you don't have any children,
and no job to do from home.
You can stay in your pajamas,
and have hair you don't have to comb.

Yes, with all my plans unfurled,
there could be lots that I could do.
It's always true...I could be busy,
but kinda nice I don't 'have to'!

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing my winter cat images Debbie! Stay warm in Massachusetts -- I'm in Buffalo and the snow is piling up here too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pleasure was all mine, Alison! :-] And Massachusetts sends you there in New York some snowy 'Hellos'! ^_^

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you're getting the weather we've been having for the last 2 months. Be safe...and enjoy your old movies! Love the photos you showed here today...especially the cat, of course! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh!...we've been getting crazy weather. Make no mistake!!....It's just that we haven't been getting this much snowfall all at once!...And I never got around to the old movies. LOL I watched "Top Chef" reruns all day! ^_^ I guess I had fallen a bit behind! FUN Times on a snow day!! :-))

      Delete
  3. Hope you're staying warm and out of the snow Debbie! It wasn't as bad as expected here in Plymouth. :)
    Love seeing all the winter scene photos you posted, thanks again for including my winter harbor photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna! :-) Yes, I stayed warm! No, I didn't go anywhere near any actual snow...except for looking at it from the window! LOL But, unfortunately, it was as bad as forecast. We got walloped!!!! Ugh!...Thanks for letting me share your photo to help tell the story. ♥

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the blog shout out! I made it into work through the snow and the freezing rain that came in between snowfalls...like a winter sandwich..the M&M's and Twizzlers are going fast! Stay warm and dry Deb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew!!...glad you made it!! Your patients don't care about snow! They have other things on their minds! ^_^ Uhhhh...just keep some M&Ms in your pocket for the slow times...if there ever are any! LOL

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^