Wednesday, June 20, 2012

.......And Then I'm Gonna....


      ...and then there comes  that moment at three o'clock in the morning when you realize that you're beyond tired, and you decide you might as well make some mental lists of things you need to do... and then you imagine yourself talking to.....SOMEBODY......ANYBODY!...to tell them all about it! LOL
     Yep!..the sleepless in Massachusetts saga continues!...*shaking my head* I know it's gonna correct itself eventually.....it has to!....Right?! O_O But until it decides to 'act right' I have to get on with it! I've got things to do! :-]

1. I've got to put a few more things on the grocery list...garlic....'Bic' ink pens (I can't believe the ink ran out of two of them on me yesterday!!)...potatoes...olive oil....and some boneless chicken breasts.

2. I've got to call my dad. It's been over a week since I talked to him!.....for real I mean. I was talking to him in the middle of the night last night, telling him some of the things I had to do. :-)) I didn't tell him I was gonna call him though. I want it to be a surprise! ^_^ ...Yes, I'm this tired people!!

3. Once you wake up.....later on, after  about nap three this morning...make a couple more lapel pins. Maybe yellow....or blue.


       Enough with the different versions of black and white already!! LOL



      ...and maybe make another crochet ring or two also...



     ...Enough with the pink with different buttons!! ^_^



        There's only so much pink a pair of tired old eyes can look at!! ^_^

4. Look up the word 'Bodacious'....and see if, first, it's an actual word. And second, what it means!

5. Take some more photos of the stuff in your "already made" bag....and LIST THEM IN THE SHOP!!!...Maybe if I list that again it'll happen...*shaking my head*

6. Look around on Etsy to see what new things people are making.


       There's always something new on Etsy! :-)


7. Write some 'Thank You' cards...one for the pretty yarn I was just given for free...and one for.......for......

8. Try to remember who the second 'Thank You' card was suppose to be for...*shaking my head* Ugh!

9. Do a few more paragraphs of your Watchtower for the meeting.....Wait! We have the convention this weekend....that's right!! O_O YIKES!!!

10. Put some more things on the grocery list for lunch at the convention....sandwich bread.....salad fixings.....cranberry juice....almonds.....and cheese.


11. Turn to the music channel, take some deep breaths, and GET SOME SLEEP!!! :-) ...Have a good day Y'all....Goodnight!

A Little Doze'll Do You!

I enjoy my sleeping, and a doze,
a nap, and such.
In fact I might enjoy a snooze
entirely waay too much!

At any time of day,
you'll find me like a weeping willow.
Head hung low and dragging,
looking for the nearest pillow.

No, there's nothing wrong.
I'm not depressed. I've still got bounce!
And I can stay awake and be
quite witty when it counts!

But I have been awake for things
when I could have been asleep.
And now my time's so valuable
I don't treat it like it's cheap.

My sleeping, dozing, napping,
is to my life a special key.
It unlocks and refreshes
and dispels anxiety!

Most people try to fill up
every hour in the day.
But me, I'd rather be asleep
and waste it all away.

There's plenty hours left
for all the flit and play and chore.
An hour for a nap right now?!
Why not?! There's 24!!

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, you have a busy day ahead of you! I hope you can catch up on all of your sleep. So sorry to hear you are still having slumber issues. I used to have problems sleeping because I could not turn off my thoughts. For some reason, the issue disappeared and I sleep very well these days. I hope the same happens for you. I very much enjoyed reading your wonderful poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Julie!...Guess what?!...All but 4 of the things are done!...and I got a good nap in between too! ^_^ ...You encouraged me with the knowledge that your sleep issues just disappeared! That's what I'm hoping will happen to mine. And it will probably happen as soon as the Spring is gone...allergy season. :-] By the way, thanks for the nice words about my poem too! Have a good day! Keep an eye out to the swooping skies! :-)

      Delete
  2. Deb,

    My husband has trouble sleeping, too. His mind doesn't stop... I wish I knew the solution for this matter and I would share with you.
    You're so creative with your Etsy items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you know, I can sympathize with your husband! I don't know what things he's tried so far, but I've tried just about everything. Now I'm just trying to go with the flow. I'm not fighting the lack of sleep as much. I'm just sleeping when it comes. At least that way I know I'm getting some rest. Just not at the same time as everybody else apparently! LOL I'm driving my husband a little bit batty, but when I put the time all together I think I'm getting at least 6 hours of sleep a day...so that's something! ^_^ I hope your husband's sleep issue improves too.

      Delete
  3. Wow that is a huge mental list ;-) Hope you manage to get it all done. Love that first photo of the cat and mice ;-) Have a lovely weekend and enjoy the convention. dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^_^ It was a huge list, Dee. But I got almost all of it done...except for 2 things. I guess mental lists while you're half awake and tired work for me! LOL...Have a good weekend yourself too! :-]

      Delete
  4. Good morning Deb, I came to your blog through Priscila's blog.

    It's not easy having problems sleeping. When I was younger, for a long period, I had difficulty sleeping, not anymore.

    Well, at least, not having a good night sleeping prompt you to make this interesting post.

    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Regina! :-) Thank you so much for popping by to give me some encouragement about the sleeping thing!...I'm glad you enjoyed the post about my issue. Please stop by again. :-]

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad you put up a list. You've reminded me to grab my shopping list to add a few more items :)
    I really enjoyed your poem. I do hope that you manage to get a decent amount of sleep though. Maybe we should turn into teenagers, we know most of them like to sleep a lot. *yawn* even I think I could use a nap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I NEEDED that list, Jo! ^_^ If not for that, my tired brain would've forgotten all kinds of stuff!...And thanks, about the poem too!...Nap time again! :-)

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^