Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A Day Of Sleep...Tennis..Chocolate, Stats... And Gingham!


       Yesterday was kind of a blurr...but in a kinda sorta good way. I got some sleep!!! :-) In fact, about 20 minutes, or so, after I did my blog post yesterday I was knocked out like one of Muhammed Ali's boxing ring opponents! LOL...That sleep came over me soooo quick!!
     It was a good sleep too...with the TV on and tennis grunts and battles as my dream background music. ^_^ Every once in a while I'd be awakened by the phone....Grrr!...or the rising yells of the tennis crowd at Roland Garros...YAY!! :-) I'd open my eyes for a second....think I was still dreaming...(because I saw Federer having lost the first set to Del Potro and Djokovic losing the first two sets to Tsonga!!...I HAD to be dreaming!!!...but I found out later...I WASN'T!!)
     While the tennis statistics mounted during the two men's matches, I hugged my pillow closer and hubby held down the fort!...
      Speaking of stats, real quickly, I looked at some of my blog stats yesterday and was amazed!!...I had gotten 200 pageviews the day before...on one of my tennis update posts!!...and my pageviews all time history is showing almost 82,000 visits!!! WOW Y'all! :-)
          What was even more impressive was the areas of the world my blog is being viewed from! The two top places being the U.S. and Russia! Thank you for reading!!...But thanks for your attention goes to other countries as well...the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, India, the Netherlands, Brazil, Germany and Spain! :-) That blows my mind!!...It almost made me nervous about what I was gonna say today...but then I got over it! LOL...

       Okay, back to what I was saying....When I woke up from all that sleeping yesterday the dishwasher repair man had been here...apparently the dishwasher died while I was sleeping...and hubby had done I don't know how many loads of laundry, and folded them!...He also had gone 'out' to get dinner...Popeye's Chicken, corn on the cob and biscuits!...(he didn't wanna burn anything in the kitchen, end up smoking the house up, and waking me up! (a near certainty, considering his attempts at cooking of late! ^_^) LOL...Have I told you lately...STILL..how much I love that wobbly head man?! ^_^)

      Anyway!...I finally got up, had something to eat, kissed my hubby and watched some tennis! :-) ...And later on I watched the reruns of the tennis that I had only heard 'in my dreams'...LOL...Which turned out to be only half of the matches that I thought they were playing yesterday. (I posted the results of all of the matches at the bottom of yesterday's post --> HERE <--)...The bottom of the draw are playing today!...

#2 seed, Rafael Nadal will be playing #12 seed, Nicolas Almagro...
#4 seed, Andy Murray will be playing #6 seed, David Ferrer...
#2 seed, Maria Sharapova will be playing #23 seed, Kaia Kanepi...
and #4 seed, Petra Kvitova will be playing Yaroslava Shvedova

           Hopefully today I'll be able to stay awake!...although I was awake again at 2:30 a.m. this morning and I'm feeling a little tired right now. I've got to force myself to stay awake though, so that I can get my body clock back in the right time zone!

    Lastly today, I wanna share some chocolate with you! :-) ...One of my crocheted necklaces...


       ...was included in a treasury entitled Chocolate & Gingham Wishes by BattyoVaBeaDz...


       These are a few of my favorites of her picks...






      That oughta keep me awake.....and drooling! :-) Although there's nothing wrong with a little doze every once in a while, right?! ^_^ ... Have a good day, Everybody!

A Little Doze'll Do You!

I enjoy my sleeping, and a doze,
a nap, and such.
In fact I might enjoy a snooze
entirely waay too much!

At any time of day,
you'll find me like a weeping willow.
Head hung low and dragging,
looking for the nearest pillow.

No, there's nothing wrong.
I'm not depressed. I've still got bounce!
And I can stay awake and be
quite witty when it counts!

But I have been awake for things
when I could have been asleep.
And now my time's so valuable
I don't treat it like it's cheap.

My sleeping, dozing, napping,
is to my life a special key.
It unlocks and refreshes
and dispels anxiety!

Most people try to fill up
every hour in the day.
But me, I'd rather be asleep
and waste it all away.

There's plenty hours left
for all the flit and play and chore.
An hour for a nap right now?!
Why not?! There's 24!! 

4 comments:

  1. Haha you are totally hooked on tennis :D Did you notice that Kaia Kanepi is estonian? ;) I saw the end of the match, sad result for us though. But she is doing excellent and has gotten so far :)

    Your hubby does sound like an amazing man. I wish I could get mine to do all those things hahaha :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mariann!!...Yes, I'm afraid it's not only tennis. I'm a real sports nut! I'm glad I can enjoy it and not let it be the total focus of my life 24/7 though. I'd be a real mess if that was the case! But even though I talk about it a lot, it's still not the most important thing in my life. Nobody in Blogland wants to hear about that!! LOL...And yes, I know about Kaia Kanepi. I love her. She's a little spit-fire (hard fighter) I'm gonna be keeping my eye on her in the future too! :-)...As to hubby, I give him a hard time a lot, but truthfully he could be the blue-print for good hubbies everywhere. Although I could be a slight bit biased! ^_^

      Delete
  2. All those lovely brown items in that treasury reminds me of chocolate! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what they reminded me of too, Jo! ^_^

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^