Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Let Me See...What's Been Going On?!


       Hello, Everybody!....HELLO!!! O_O Is anybody still out there?! ^_^ ...I know I've been a bit of a tennis watching nut over the last couple of weeks, but I've been keeping track of some things I wanted to talk to you about as they came up...so be ready! LOL
     The first thing I wanted to tell you about was hubby's new flowers!....Yes! That header photo is of one of hubby's flowers from the backyard!! :-) ...This is what one of the plants  look like...


        Isn't it beautiful?!


      I'm not usually a person that goes for this color scheme, the pastels kinda....but I'm really loving it for some reason!...Maybe my hormones are changing my sense of 'likes' and 'dislikes' too!! LOL Ugh!...That's another story I have to tell you about one of these days! Ugh!


     And hubby doesn't know what flowers are gonna pop out of this one...


    It's sister plant has big leaves...


      I guess we'll all find out together! :-)

       One of the other things that's new around here is my men's crochet cuff link lapel pins....Whew! That's a mouth full, isn't it?! O_O


       I know....it looks just like my other flowers and lapel pins, right?!...


       But it's not!!...


      It's really tiny....1 & 1/4 inches (3.2 cm)...and instead of having a button on back to button it into the man's lapel, it has a cuff link!...


        Once it goes through the lapel buttonhole, you can turn the post sideways...


       ...and there you go! :-) ... Ha! I said that like it was just as easy as pie!.....And it sure wasn't!!! I had to put the button on separate, crochet another backing to cover the cuff link top, and sew it all securely in place...I'm still working on others to see what's gonna be the easiest, and least time-consuming way to make them...But this one is already in my Wuglyees shop anyway --> HERE <--.
       The button was a lot of work!...I made another one with a bead in the center...





        *sigh*...It was just as much work!...I'm gonna list this one later today.

       I made a couple of other ones, both made slightly different....I'm gonna find the formula eventually!! ^_^ 

      Okay....that's it for today!...Yes, I've been kinda side-tracked. Sleepless. Distracted. Once again my mind has been 'a wandering', but YAY...I'm back! :-) At least for now!....And not a tennis ball or racket anywhere!! ^_^ .....I missed you!...Have a good day, Everybody! :-)



My Mind Went A Wandering

After barely any sleep,
and dreams I find that I am pondering,
my mind is on a journey,
skipping rocks and out a wandering.

It's acting sorta senile,
like an old lady in her nightie,
barefoot on the highway,
thinking she's all high and mighty.

I'm contemplating platypus
and belly buttons too.
All this while thinking fingernails
are not that good to chew.

It's probably not a good thing
that my head's so far from home.
Especially all uncovered,
and now clearly needing a comb.

8 comments:

  1. I love the flowers in your garden!! So pretty! And aren't those ones that haven't bloomed hollyhocks? I don't have any of those, but wow, yours will be blooming soon!
    Love the cuff links! I'm sure those will be popular even if they are so much work.

    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! Thanks, Bead! :-) Hubby will be so happy to hear you like his new flowers...And "hollyhocks" huh?!...You would know better than me! ^_^ And better than hubby this time too! LOL...And thanks for the nice words about the cuff link pins. I hope you're right about their popularity...I think! LOL Have a good day, my friend!

      Delete
  2. Hi Deb, Yes I'm here reading your blog every day. Like I said in the e-mail. Just still really emotionally raw. Love your cuff links. Beautiful flowers. Have a Great Day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Velma! :-]...Awwww! Well, thank you for the support...especially when I know what a tough time you're going through right now. I hope that my silliness gives you at least a minute or two of distraction every day...Thanks, about the cuff link lapel pins too!! ^_^ I'm keeping you in mind, Velma. I hope you're doing okay. And I hope your week gets better and better, and yet stays full of good memories. :-]

      Delete
  3. Love all the flowers. Real and crochet. I have a surprise for you over on my blog come see....http://lazydaisycrochet.blogspot.com/2012/06/sunshine-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you, about the flowers! :-) And I'll have to pop by a little later and check out the surprise!

      Delete
  4. I love that flower in the header. Of course the colour helps too ;) Those lapel pins look so delicate. I don't know how you are able to make such teeny tiny flowers. They're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo! Hubby will be happy to know you like his flower. :-) And, yeah, the color got me too!...Thanks for the nice words about the lapel pins too. And truth is, my hands pay for working with those tiny needles...especially if I work at it too long. But they're so worth it when they're done! ^_^

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^