Friday, September 21, 2012

Things That Do Not Get Rid Of A Virus...

       It's been a rough few days, but I'm feeling a bit better this morning. How do I know?...I felt like talking this morning. I also knew it when I was laying in the bed last night thinking about what I would blog this morning, rather than thinking about how bad it was gonna hurt when I turned over! What can I say....YOU have your gauge of how well you're doing, and I have mine! ^_^
    I'm probably not completely out of the woods, especially since my girlfriend's little boy, who also has this virus, still has it...and it's been a week! I think I got it about three or four days ago. Days are kinda melting one into the other at this point. But anyway!...for those of you who've never had a virus....or haven't had THIS virus...I wanted to save you some trouble chasing down cures. I thought I'd tell you the 7 things that I've found that DO NOT get rid of a virus! :-)
      1. Funny husbands...at least MY funny husband! He's entertaining alright! ^_^...but his jokes, and his banging some part of his body on the corner of our bed EVERY single morning, and his well-meant watery chicken soup...


         ...O_O...no matter how much love he put in it!...do not get rid of a virus!...But I think his back and body rubs and his love and attention may have been just the dose of what I needed. ♥

        2.  The view of my feeder sitting all alone...


         ...we saw the last hummingbird come last week. :-( He flew up to the window, instead of the feeder, looking in and hovering like they do when something is wrong with the nectar's formula. :-) Hubby immediately changed the nectar, thinking he didn't want hummingbirds on their long trip with bad nectar in their bellies!...I love him! :-) But now we know the little guy was just saying goodbye, because not one has come since then.
          Nope! This did not get rid of my virus. In fact, it would have been nice if one of those little guys would have hung around a few more days. They might've been a good distraction for me...when I was awake I mean. Which wasn't much!
       That's pretty selfish thinking, I know. But that's what this sick person with a virus was the last few days...selfish! It's been all about ME!! LOL..."O-U-C-H!"..."Fluff my pillow"..."Can I have some tea?!....Soup?!...No thanks!"..."Rub my back"..."help me, help me, HELP ME!!!" ^_^ Hubby probably wished he was a hummingbird with a laid out flight plan, or that his name was the cure for the virus! I sure called it enough! LOL

     3. Lorna Doone and Nutter Butter cookies!...



      No, they do not get rid of a virus. But I don't care! ^_^ A friend of ours gave them to hubby and I last night as a gift. She remembered from a conversation we had with her a year ago that these were among hubby and my favorite cookies, and she just gave them to us with a sweet sweet note. :-)
    I'm telling you...with friends like this, who cares if you have a virus!...Okay, maybe that was too loose of a comment. Uhhh...who cares if you have a virus ONCE in your lifetime....PLEASE!!! :-) ..... ♥♥♥ to YOU, cookie giver! You know who you are. The cookies made me smile the big smile right through the fever! ^_^

       4. Sales in my Wuglyees shop...No, they did not get rid of my virus, but they did make me feel pretty good...in spurts. I had three different customers interested in a brooch, a necklace, and a lapel pin!...I was thankful hubby was here to help get them shipped off, because I was a whiney baby at that time!...And I'm sure customers didn't want my virus 'cootie' fingers all over their items anyway! ^_^

       5.  Getting another one of my items in a treasury...


(Autumn Romance Treasury curated by Kate Brooks)

      ...No, it didn't get rid of my virus...but it sure didn't hurt! ^_^ Thanks Kate!

     6. Having the best customers in the world!...


       No, it doesn't get rid of a virus having the best customers in the world, but it sure does make the time you spend while you have a virus a little more bearable! :-) ...Donna Carrick bought this crochet butterfly necklace and got the scarf as a free gift...


        I was thrilled to pieces to see her wearing it...and to know that she really likes it! :-)


        Even through a feverish haze I could see that my choice of scarf for her was a pretty good one!...Although I don't mind telling you, when she told me to choose one and surprise her...I was a bit worried! O_O Of course, I think that with the right mind-set anybody can wear a 'Wuglyees' scarf, but I'm aware that some people might think they're a bit too much. Donna didn't though. She loves it! And I love her. She's a great repeat customer of mine! The best one I have in fact...Thanks for the photos and the smile, Donna! :-) {By the way, her and her husband are book publishers. You might wanna check out some of their books on her Facebook page --> HERE <--...just saying! :-)}

        7. Last, but not least, delusional thinking...No, delusional thinking is not a cure for the virus! ^_^ If it was I'd look like this after all of this fever...


         ...I've been laying in bed thinking about how much easier it would be to have a virus if you knew that in the end it would alter some of your unwanted flaws! :-)) You know...burn them right off!! Then I'd look like the above photo instead of like I do now, like this...










       Ha! I said I was delusional, not CRAZY!!!! LOL Trust me, you don't wanna see a picture of me right now anyway!!!!! ^_^ ... Okay, I'm off to do some more recouping. I'm still a little feverish. The fever is going and coming. I may go back to bed for a bit. But as you can see, I'm talkative and feeling better. See you tomorrow!

A Little Doze'll Do You!

I enjoy my sleeping, and a doze,
a nap, and such.
In fact I might enjoy a snooze
entirely waay too much!

At any time of day,
you'll find me like a weeping willow.
Head hung low and dragging,
looking for the nearest pillow.

No, there's nothing wrong.
I'm not depressed. I've still got bounce!
And I can stay awake and be
quite witty when it counts!

But I have been awake for things
when I could have been asleep.
And now my time's so valuable
I don't treat it like it's cheap.

My sleeping, dozing, napping,
is to my life a special key.
It unlocks and refreshes
and dispels anxiety!

Most people try to fill up
every hour in the day.
But me, I'd rather be asleep
and waste it all away.

There's plenty hours left
for all the flit and play and chore.
An hour for a nap right now?!
Why not?! There's 24!!

6 comments:

  1. Ahhh, so glad you're almost your self again!! And still funny too! Glad you had your hubby and friends nearby. Badly needed I'm sure. I sure hope hubby doesn't get it!!
    Take care and keep mending my friend! And DON'T try any of the above things that don't work! LOL
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^_^ Yes, Cindy, I'm ALMOST myself again!...except for a few dings and feverish dents! LOL Without my hubby and friends I don't know what kind of mess I'd be!! :-) Have a good day, my friend. And beware of virus-carrying handshakes and grocery carts!!...just saying! You DO NOT want this!!!

      Delete
  2. I hope you feel better real quick and the weekend is a good one....the start of fall officially! Like you said, nothing really takes away a virus but time, but the gifts, love, soup, massages, and sales are a tonic that is easy to swallow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yaya! I hope so too. I'm just kinda laying low today. I can still tell that it's trying to fight with me. Grrr!...It already feels like Fall around here, but "officially" it will begin! Yes! ^_^ Have a good weekend, Yaya!

      Delete
  3. Glad you're on the mend, Deborah, and I hope you're feeling good as new before long! And I DO live my scarf. I was sure to tell everyone where I got it, too-LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna! :-) And I hope I'm feeling good as new soon too!..Enjoy your scarf. I hope it keeps your neck warm and toasty! :-) And thanks for the shout out about it too!

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^