Tuesday, February 19, 2013

It's Time For Double Take Tuesday...And Apparenly For Irritaion!


      When I saw this clock in my friend's "Cool And Minty" treasury...which you can see HERE if you like...I did a double take! I don't think I've ever seen a clock so pretty...so lacy...and so square! :-) 
       I've been doing 'double takes' over a few things lately...I've also been irritated by a couple of things! I'll tell you about them In a minute. ^_^ First though, let me show you the things that made me do a double take yesterday!...


      Now, I have made doilies. I think I've even made teacups and saucers...although my memory of 'when' I did that is not so clear. But I've never made anything as involved and pretty as this!!...


     All I can say is WOW!!!...In the Etsy shop description, Gina says that it's made out of 100% Egyptian cotton crochet thread. That it includes a tea pot, a lid, and 12 cups and saucers...with the teacups starched so that they hold their shape. That the teapot will have a lavender sachet tucked inside for fragrance. That there are 95 individually crocheted roses. And that the whole thing is MADE TO ORDER...in a week or so!!...WOW!
       In the above photo it's shown in antique white, with dark and medium violet, and with sage green leaves on the teapot's largest rose. But you can choose the color combinations you want! :-) ...WOW! Talk about 'double take'!!


      If you scrolled by the above bag, like I originally did,...look again!...It's not just a brown bag. There's a little doggie on this upholstered art piece!! :-) Soooo cute!!


      And this lacy crochet flower shawl made me do a double take because.....because.....because it's a lacy crochet flower shawl! :-) Nothing else is needed to make me look at crochet flowers again!...Well, the purple helped too! ^_^ I am kind of a sucker for color!
     Case in point, my latest 'colorful' lapel pins...





    ...and my attraction to backyard sunsets!...



     This is a photo of the sunset in the backyard night before last. When I looked out the window it looked like there was a forest fire or something!...until I did a double take and realized it was just a beautiful sunset! :-)
     Too bad sunsets aren't warm enough to melt piles and piles of snow! LOL Although we're due to get some rain later today, so maybe that will wash some of it away! :-]

     Now...to the couple of irritaions! Grrrrr!...One is my dry skin lately!...Why, all of a sudden, does it feel like my face has been put in one of those vacuum seal bags and had all of the air sucked right out of it?!!! O_O I wake up in the morning with dry skin to beat all known dry skin!!
     The sad part is that moisture and lotions and creams only take care of the problem for a short time, and then....the hose of vacuum dryness gets put right back in he figurative face bag!! LOL...UGH! Sooooo irritating for someone known for having nice skin....Yeah....ME!....Old leather face over here!! LOL

      The other irritation is my computer keyboard. My "T" is sticking!!! UGH!...About 2 weeks ago it was the "N"! What's up with this?! Am I gonna have to pound every one of my keys to a pulp in order for them to behave themselves?! O_O ... By the way, this post has taken forever!!! Just look up at how many "T" words are in this post!!!! Grrrrr!...The good thing is that the "N" no longer sicks....Grrrr! I mean sticks! So eventually the "T" is not gonna stick either...or else!!!....No! I don't know what the 'or else' is right now. But I'll think of somehing....Grrrr!...I mean something!!! LOL

    Have a good day, Everybody! :-)

Ease, By Rhyme

To ease my mind,
I jot down a rhyme.

When forced to think,
my brain cells link.

With emotions on paper,
anxieties taper.

With the flow of my pen,
I'm  at peace again.

And to jot down this rhyme,
brought ease to my mind.

4 comments:

  1. Sticky keys is normal for me. I had a sticky Q for awhile. Of course that's after I slobbered something sticky on it! LOL

    Thanks for mentioning my treasury. That clock was one of the first items I chose for it! Isn't it adorable?
    I love the other finds too!! Good choices!!
    Great poem as well.

    Hope your dry skin heals quickly. I have to deal with it too.... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Ha! That sounds like the first line of a poem! ^_^ "I had a sticky Q, and I didn't know what to do. I wiped it all off, with a cloth that was soft, but it still was filled up with goo!"...Thanks for the nice words about the finds and the poem. As to my dry skin...it's an on-going challenge!...Get some rest tonight my friend! :-]

      Delete
    2. ha ha!! Love the beginning of that poem! :D

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Bead! :-) I'm glad you liked it!

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^