Saturday, February 9, 2013

Storm Nemo!...Snow Coming Atcha!!!!


      Oh Yeah!...It's a 'doozy'!...We got about 17 inches so far, and we're due to get at least a couple more before it's done! I've got pictures to share with you of it too! :-) ... First I'll show you the photo I saw from the local WGGB news station...


      This picture above was taken in my father's town. O_O I'm glad that wasn't his car!!...And why were the lights on? O_O ... Anyway!!! Moving on!...
         Remember what the backyard looked like yesterday...before the storm?!...


       There was hardly any snow on the ground even!...


     But the header photo is what it looks like right now!...while it's STILL snowing!!... 

      And below is what the suet bird feeder looked like. Ooooooo!....Awwwww! ^_^


     During the night, me and some friends of mine, here in Holyoke, took pictures. I found the video below on Youtube. It was taken here in Holyoke when the storm was in full swing last night, with the wind blowing the snow around like crazy!!...




          Below are some photos from 'our' back patio porch last night. Hubby pulled the chair up close to the door. Can you se that pile of snow behind it though?! O_O...








       If you think that's bad...look at what we saw this morning!!!...


      We couldn't get out the back door even if we wanted to right now! O_O Hubby is just about to start the excavation process. ^_^


      It's a whole lot of snow Y'all!!!!...*gulp!*


    My girlfriend was having some trouble trying to get out of her house too!! She said she had to lower her daughter out of a window so that she could go out and shovel the doorway!! LOL...



     The pictures below are from her complex area...





    One of these, I think, is her car!!! ^_^ YIKES!!! I don't envy her husband this morning!! O_O

     But guess what?!...Someone 'is' enjoying the snow!...



       The little birdies in my backyard!!! :-) They've been chirping and frolicking...and eating...like crazy birdies this morning!!! ;-] In fact, they're so intensely focused on the suet feeder this morning...




         ...that hubby's staring them down to take photos didn't deter them one bit!!...The woodpecker even stopped to stare directly at hubby, and then went right back to eating!!! ^_^








      And does that woodpecker's eye look like an human's eye, or is that just me?!!...Kinda unnerving!! LOL
 


      So, needless to say, we're not doing much of anything today either! The governor has a state of emergency called, and no cars are allowed on the roads until at least 1:00 p.m. So, nobody's going anywhere!! :-]
      I might be able to force hubby into a game of Scrabble! ^_^ Considering how bad I beat him the last time though....I might not! LOL...But even so, we both have some crocheting to do!...I've got a list of boutonniere color combinations I have to do yet...and his scarf that was suppose to be done by Friday...of last week!..still is being worked on! And another Friday has come and gone! :-))
      Looking out the window into the backyard, I'd say we have 'PLENTY' of time!!! ^_^ Thanks storm Nemo!!...Have a good day, Everybody!! :-)

Sometimes

Sometimes you expect a little 'This', and you get 'That'.
Sometimes you will wave away some dust, but it's a gnat.

Sometimes it's an image in the distance that's right here.
Sometimes all the straining isn't worth the things you hear.

Sometimes you will find that 'pretty bad' has got a perk.
Sometimes a vacation is the thing that you call work.

Sometimes conversation meant to heal can go too far.
and sometimes on reflection you are happy who you are.

Sometimes poetry can be so random, and yet deep.
And sometimes it's, upon reflection, thoughts you ought to keep.

10 comments:

  1. Wow that is some serious snow!! Stay warm, catherine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is, Catherine!!! ^_^ We're nice and tucked in though!

      Delete
  2. Well, it's a good time to just sit back and realize we can't control anything! Enjoy the quiet, can't go or do anything anyway day. Hopefully you'll get dug out soon and back on track. Look back on those pics in July when it's sweltering outside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Yaya! Some things in this life are not up to us! Weather is definitely one of them! ^_^ I'm enjoying the time though. My hubby is gonna be sore from shoveling though, I'm afraid. O_O He's been at it for hours...even helping the neighbors...Okay, I'm off to hunt for July!! ^_^

      Delete
  3. Wow is right!! Looks like our house did yesterday morning!! Shovel out and enjoy your day. We've had 2 days of sunshine since that snow and I'm sending the sunshine your way! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Bead! You know this snowy look for sure!! You had "2" feet, right?! YIKES!! O_O ... Hopefully the sunshine will come quickly...and stay! Although they're saying 'rain' for Monday now...*sigh*...Ugh!

      Delete
  4. Wow what else can I say. Deb I hope you and your husband are warm and safe. Keep calm and crochet!!!!Keep us informed on how you are doing. Great pictures. I love the poem. Hugs, Velma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vel! :-] ... Yes, hubby and I are keeping safe. Although he's not quite warm yet. He just came in from shoveling and took a hot shower. Now i just have to get some warm tea in him and send him down for a nap! Hopefully he'll be good after that. :-) ... Thanks for the nice words about the poem too, by the way...And I hope you and your granddaughter continue to do well too! :-]

      Delete
  5. Sometimes conversation meant to heal can go too far.
    and sometimes on reflection you are happy who you are.

    Good poem. I love this thought.

    Sometimes poetry can be so random, and yet deep.
    And sometimes it's, upon reflection, thoughts you ought to keep.

    and the ending. I really enjoy reading it. Sometimes I wish I didn't think so much and I could keep it to myself. I seem to control my tongue better than my writing. It's a healing dealing kinda of process for me.

    Have fun in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww! How nice, Mary!! :-] Thank you so much for the nice words. And, by the way, I love that it made you think!! :-) Have a nice day...and thank you again!

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^