Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Story Of An Unhappy Package Shipper


      I'm a girl that loves mail! I love to send...and receive...mail!...whether they be letters, cards, or packages. Well, I guess I should say I love to receive 'most' mail. My love would not include bills and store advertising flyers. Those...I'm not a fan of receiving! O_O...But personal letters and cards?...I LOVE to receive them! :-]
    I love mail so much that when I was a young girl I used to wait out on the stoop of our house for the mailman to come, and I would walk him to our door, while carrying on a little chat with him...of course. :-) Yeah, I guess you could say I LOVED mail!..or was it the mail carrier?! O_O...WHATEVER!
      But that's why I'm so unhappy now, about the increase in prices over the last month or so, for getting mail...and packages...shipped. :-( Especially the packages from my Wuglyees Etsy shop to customers in and outside of the United States! :-(


       Actually, I'm more than unhappy about the international prices. I'm heart-sick. :-( I used to ship one of my little lapel pins...


    ...let's say...to London, in the United Kingdom, for about $5 or $6...depending on the size of the free gift I was including in the package...But I just shipped that very same thing to London the other day and it cost $9.45!!...It's ridiculous!!...especially since my lapel pin is only $9 by itself!! O_O Now the customer will be paying more for shipping than for the item that they're purchasing!!...*sigh*
     And if the weight of my tiny, one inch long, lapel pin is costing that much to ship, you can just about imagine how much my thick crocheted scarves and pocketbooks are gonna cost!! O_O...It's making me wonder if shipping out of the country even makes sense anymore. O_O
     I've only had one over seas customer since the shipping prices went up...But of course, it's February!...I'm gonna try to hold out until at least June, and see what happens. By that time weddings will have been planned, dinner parties will be had, and all kinds of auctions and museum openings will have begun. :-) If nobody is buying a dressy lapel pin by then...I'll know it's about time to pack up my 'dog and pony show'...lapel pin-wise!...and I don't mean packing it up for shipping either!! LOL

      Moving on!...Ugh!...Have a good day, Everybody...By the way, my stinky mood didn't have anything to do with my 'To Do' list yesterday. :-)) I got every single thing on the list DONE!! :-) Happiness!!...Maybe tomorrow I'll get a bunch of sales and my 'happy shipper' mood will return! ^_^ ... Don't hold your breath until then though! :-))

You Probably Don't Care!

I know you probably don't care,
but I will tell you anyway!
I mean, I have to talk about it.
It's what I do most every day!

I know you have your own things going,
and my things? You could care less.
But I have to spill it, talk,
share, converse, chat, or confess.

Don't you have some days like that,
when you just 'let down your hair'?
Well, today was that for me,
and it's okay if you don't care!

As you see, it didn't stop me.
I'm still talking, cracking wise.
You don't have to read about it.
You can cover up your eyes.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^