Thursday, October 27, 2011

WARNING: I'm About To SHARE...Too Much Information?!

        This is about to be a 'girlfriend confab' up in here! LOL I'm warning you fellas...this may not be the hammer-swinging, repairman consult, dude chat you're used to getting involved in...And for you ladies who don't like to talk about your...Ummmm...'lady's days'...this might be too much information for you too!
      This is gonna be an 'outright' sharing,  an 'I Need Some Information'-type conversation. And I'll tell you why! If you've been reading my blog the last couple of days or so, you've read about me not feeling well, right?! No fever, no cough, no diarrhea or anything like that. Just not feeling well...and exhausted!!
      Well, I slept all day...and I mean all day...yesterday! I was dragging 'like nobody's business'!...(another grandmother reference. O_0...*shaking my head*) When my hubby called from work yesterday to check on me...and woke me up AGAIN...he sounded really worried. He said: "Maybe we should call the doctor." O_O
       Then I said: "And tell him what?! I don't have a fever. I don't have a cough...etc." Then he said: "Well, you were spotting a little yesterday. Maybe your 'friend' is coming on again soon."...O_0...And there it was. WOW!! How bad am I that my husband has to remind me about my own menstrual cycle?!!!!
     It hadn't even dawned on me that that could be what my problem was!! Imagine how stupid I would have felt if I had to have the doctor tell me that...after blood-work and a $80.00 bill for the doctor's visit!!!..*shaking my head...again!*
     So, to test the idea that maybe this could be what it was, I started going down the list of usual symptoms...Yes, I'm cramping like crazy. But no!...there's NO flow! O_O None....Nada...zilch!! It's been a lot of months since I had a 'visit' of my 'friend' (I'm trying not to be too straight-forward here!). But, even then...though it was only a small amount...I did have flow!
      If any of you have medical credentials, please tell me if this is something common to menopausal women...to have all of the symptoms and pains, but no evidence of it's 'arrival'! I'm puzzled about this, and feel kinda silly talking about it. But when I don't know something...I ask! So consider yourselves my 'Petrie dishes' of information. LOL
   Okay...back to my list: I no longer have hot flashes. Weird, but I haven't had one in a loooooong time!
       Now...it's cold flashes!! I mean I'm cold all the time! Especially my feet! And strangely enough...and you're really gonna think something is wrong with me now!...after I eat I start FREEZING!!!...What's up with that?! Sometimes, usually after dinner in the evening, I actually have to stop eating, drop my fork, and get under some cover and warm up before I can finish eating!! O_0 If you know why...please 'tell-a-girl'!!
     My normal 'nesting' habits...cleaning and putting things in their proper place...right before my 'friend' came, have totally disappeared! Not only do I not care if everything is in order...I also don't want to know about anybody else organizing things!..."Please...do it 'OVER THERE SOMEWHERE'...*pointing*... and don't bother me!!" ^_^ WOW! I'm so thankful that the cleaning lady does...and enjoys doing...organizing for a living!! Otherwise my house would have turned into a 'Pig Sty' by now!! LOL
       (Magnet by PaisleyParrotDesign)
      My memory....my what?!...has completely deserted the house! I seem to have long term memory...remembering my grandmother's sayings like crazy!...but the sentence I just finished, or the paragraph I just read, seem to be 'lost in space' somewhere!! LOL I'm having to write down everything...right away! And it doesn't appear to matter how important it is either!! *shaking my head*
     (Card by redbootz)
         I guess it's a good thing I'm not trying to tie string around my fingers to remember things. Hubby might come home and find me cold for a completely different reason!! LOL
     To make a long story short...Okay, short-ER....Well, too late for that too! LOL Eh! Whatever...I'm 'changing' in all kinds of ways that are a complete mystery to me! And for a girl who doesn't like change, I'm finding the whole thing very challenging. Thankfully it's not so bad that I don't have ANY control!! I have girlfriends that have had that happen. NO FUN!!
     At this point...unless you...those of you who have been down this road before me...tell me that I really should be worrying!...it's all just annoyances. Really challenging annoyances, but not life-threatening. 
      I'm still in good humor most of the time...when I'm awake that is! ^_^ And I still enjoy writing, crocheting, and talking my head off! ^_^ I just wish I had a book that has the blueprint for this stage of my life...
       My logical brain tells me though, that in this stage of my life I'm probably on my own. I know we all have changes...don't we ladies?!...but I'm not sure all of our changes are the same. For information and entertainment purposes I recorded mine above so that if anybody else is having these symptoms...or changes...you don't have to think you're some kind of freak and that you're all alone. Welcome to my world!...Freak-Poet-Crocheter-talker here! ^_^ Probably not in that order though. *Teehee*

        I'll do another post later today with the last of my Giveaway gifts. I didn't want to high-jack people and make them read my menopausal issues while in the same post talking about my 'gifts'!! LOL...Even though being brave enough to say some of this stuff in public has got to be a gift!! ^_^ Have a good day everybody!

Why Do I Have To Share?

I know you're probably wondering:
"Why does she feel the need to share?"
I'll tell you. It's no secret!
It's because...Oh Well...YOU'RE THERE!

Why should I suffer this alone
when I can whine right in your ear?
And, after all, you came to visit,
and you still are sitting there!

Why should I keep it to myself...
this so-called 'Too Much Information'?
If you leave it up to me
they'll  be a 'Listen To Me' nation!

I like to share my good and bad.
I've done it for so many years.
But you don't really have to listen.
You could amputate your ears!

BY THE WAY...DON'T FORGET TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY!!! Rules are HERE!

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for making me chuckle!

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    Enter me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bee happy, My pleasure to let you laugh at my misery! ^_^ You're entered, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still smiling 'cos I know exactly where you're coming from!!
    Enter me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gill, Thank you for the hand holding. :-)) I woke up for a minute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep!!! You're totally normal my friend! I think your symptoms are a bit more severe than mine were, but it's normal. As for the hot flashes leaving.....just wait....they'll be back! They came back for me!! Enjoy the cold while you have it! LOL
    And as far as sleeping is concerned, your body must need it to keep up with the changes. Don't fight it...enjoy it! :)
    I look forward to seeing more of your giveaways later today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CinLynn, Really?! It's normal?!!!....Oh Boy!! I should be relieved, right?! Maybe relief will come back with my memory!! LOL Let's hope the hot flashes don't!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deb, How to I begin hmmm. Remember what is normal to one might not be normal to others. You worked in the medical field as I did and we are always trying to diagnose our own symptoms. If your husband thinks that maybe you should visit the doctor then follow his advice. Remember he loves you and is concerned. Just because we are at the age in where changes occur in our bodies don't brush things off to it's just the change of life. It could be something serious. Ok enough preaching, but I do it cause I care. Have a Great Day!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SnowflakeDreams1, Uh Oh!! So there's a chance it could be something serious?! O_0 Now you have me worrying a little!...Maybe I better think about this doctor thing!...And thank you for the concern. I'll take what you said into consideration if I don't get some kind of resolution of symptoms within the next few days...Have a good day, Vel. And thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deb, I'm not saying that it could be serious but I'm talking from experience. When I was having trouble with my Gallbladder I was thinking that it was cysts on my ovaries which I get on occassion. I put it off and put it off till it was almost to late. I was septic and my gallbladder was gangrene. It was April and getting pretty warm and I was running around with a blanket because I was freezing. If we pay attention to our bodies they do give us signals if something is wrong. We just need to pay attention. Don't be scared, just if you feel that it is out of charcter for you then it's better to be safe than sorry. We love you here in blogland and we want everyone to stay healthy and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. SnowflakeDreams1, Velma...thank you for the clarification. And I can see that you and I have similar issues going on INSIDE too! :-) The cysts I mean. It's been an ongoing thing for me too over the years...More food for thought. I'm not scared...yet! Just gathering info. Yours is extremely helpful! I THANK YOU MUCH!! :-]

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had to laugh at your poem. I think I'll keep my ears though lol
    I'm taking all of this menopause stuff in. I am sure that I will be there soon enough and I want to know what to expect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jo-anne, ^_^ Good thing you're keeping your ears! I need somebody to listen to me!! Ha! Ha!...And yep! Learn from those coming before you in the menopausal line...like I'm trying to do! It's so fun!!!...NOT! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^