Sunday, September 29, 2013

Pancake Train of Thought!


      Hello!...Did you see the beautiful photo of the pancakes?! :-) How could you miss it, right?!...They look so good!!!...It's the perfect photo to lead a 'Pancake Sunday' post with! ^_^ But 'No!'...I'm still not eating pancakes....I just still wanna 'look at' pancakes!! ^_^ I'm hoping my "issue" with the pancakes fixes itself soon. I'm missing my buttermilk 'babies'!
      Anyway!...I'm up doing my blog right now...at 2:40 a.m....I couldn't sleep. And 'No!'...I wasn't craving pancakes!! LOL That hormonal "issue" that I was talking about is also affecting my sleep pattern again....Ugh!...Hopefully I'll be able to go back down and get a few more Zzzs before long.....We'll see!
      In the meantime, I wanna show you a few really cute things I found....and also a few pancakes!...sorta, kinda. ^_^ ...


     In case you didn't notice...the butterfly is a BUTTON! :-) How cool, right?!...You know, I think I'm gonna have to make a few things with my buttons...whether anybody buys them or not!...It's time! :-)
     I saw someone sharing a whole stash of their buttons on Facebook yesterday, and I started getting nostalgic!...I used to put buttons...interesting buttons...on EVERYTHING! But my customers didn't like my crochet flowers with buttons. So I stopped putting them on.
      I need to start doing it again though...at least a few...for ME! :-) I'll keep you posted.....You know I will!! ^_^ ... Okay. Moving on!...to pancakes!!...


     Well....pancakes sorta! Like...for the head! :-)

      I like the chocolate chips in the pancakes!! :-) ... I thought they were blueberries. You know, blueberry pancakes! ^_^ I like blueberry pancakes!...And I like blueberry colored leaves too!...for the neck! :-) ...


      I have to pause again for more pancakes...sorta! :-) ...


      Are you following my train of thought?!....TRY, TRY, TRY!!! :-)) ...


      The whole point of my train of thought today is PANCAKES.....sorta, kinda. :-)) ...


      And even though I'm not eating them, I still love them!!...Speaking of love...


      Did I lose you now?!...Sorry ^_^ It's a mind that was interrupted from sleep...and that's about to throw me into dreamland again!...thankfully!...Have a good Sunday, Everybody! :-) If I get up any time soon I'll think of you...and this silly 'all-over-the-place' blog post...and smile. :-)

Nostalgic

Why do we get nostalgic
for the places of our past?
For the music and the people
who were in our high school class?

Why do we get nostalgic
for the foods we used to eat?
Like your mom's banana pudding,
boiled pig ears and chicken feet?

Why do we get nostalgic
for old bikes we once rode on?
And for buying penny candy
at a time thats long since gone?

Why do we get nostalgic
for long conversations had
when our cousins used to visit
(That was-til we all got mad)?!

Why do we get nostalgic?
Frankly, I'm  sure I don't  know,
'cause I sat and wrote a poem
like a true nostalgia pro!

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful surprise to find this morning... thanks for leaving the trail of breadcrumbs, Debbie!
    Thanks, too, for finding my little shop and for liking one of my little, mostly rectangular and all ceramic, handmade buttons!!! They're a bit 'off the beaten path', I know :) but I have a ton and a half of fun dreaming up new designs making them!
    Have to thank you, one more time, for the sweet poem you closed out with today (Hope you eventually got back to those Zzzzzzzs! At 57, I've been there!!). It helped me start the day with fond memories of long ago times, & with a smile!!
    Call on me anytime,
    Faith
    https://www.facebook.com/FaithAnnOriginals
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/FaithAnnOriginals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Ha!...Happy to leave a breadcrumb trail, Faith! :-)) And happy to find that beautiful button in your off the beaten path 'Gingerbread House'...sorta, kinda. :-)) ... And thank you for the nice words about my poem too! I have a ton and a half of fun dreaming my poems up too! :-))

      Delete
  2. Dear Deb, what a fun post!! You always find the most wonderful things on Etsy... But now you've made me hungry for pancakes! Hope you got some more sleep!! xoxo Silke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^_^ Hi Silke!...I'm so glad you enjoyed the post! I was a little bit sleepy when I was writing it! Just a little bit!! LOL...I went back to bed and got me a good chunk of Zzzs! Now I'm good! ^_^ ... I hope you did get you some pancakes! Somebody should be having pancakes today! LOL...Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Silke!

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^