Friday, September 27, 2013

'Virtual' Friday Date Night...And 'Enter Sandman'?!


      It's been quite a few Fridays now since hubby and I actually wanted to go somewhere...besides going to sleep...for our 'virtual' Friday Date Night!...but tonight...after some really good news we received yesterday! Woohoo!!!!...we feel like traveling!! ^_^
      I'm not gonna get into what the good news was, but suffice it to say....Woohoo!!!!!!!! ^_^ We've been waiting for it for a looooooong time!!...It means that maybe we'll be able to breathe a little, instead of hanging on pins and needles about our finances all the time.
      Anyway!....we're ready to go to a place where the sun is shining, and colors are everywhere!! ^_^ And we couldn't have picked a better place to throw on our flip flops and throw off our cares than.....Puerto Rico!!!! :-)





     
      Before I head off to finish packing though, let me show you the new photos I made of my crochet brooch and boutonniere wedding package! :-) ...



      I'm gonna be putting some 'MADE TO ORDER' listings in my Wuglyees shop before we leave on our trip tonight. 

       I have one more bit of business to take care of...My 'Bye, Bye!' to Mariano Rivera, relief pitcher for the New York Yankees. He retired from baseball...
      After getting the Yankees out of an eight inning jam in their game against the Tampa Bay Rays, Mariano Rivera was pulled from the game in the ninth inning by his teammates Andy Pettitte and Derek Jeter...It was his last time at Yankee Stadium...


     Rivera was very emotional. You can see it in the video below...



    I was so thankful they came out,” said Rivera, who cried when they reached the mound. “I was bombarded with emotions and feeling that I couldn’t describe,”...“Everything hit at that time. I knew that was the last time. Period. I never felt like that before.”




       One baseball fan...actually a Red Sox baseball fan!...said: There goes "the best closer to ever grace a baseball diamond."

        Mariano Rivera, nicknamed "Mo", is a Panamanian baseball pitcher who has played 19 seasons in Major League Baseball (MLB) for the New York Yankees.  He spent most of his career as a relief pitcher, and has served as the New York Yankees' closer since 1997...His number...#42...was retired by by the Yankees.

       'Enter Sandman'......Exit Sandman. :-]

      I wonder if they have baseball in Puerto Rico?!...I could sure use a game right about now. ^_^



     Have a good weekend, Everybody! :-)

Be The Best You Can Be

I live my life every day,
trying to be the very best I can,
so that I am not affected
by the degrading words of man.

If "I" know who I am,
then I don't care what others think;
I don't end up in some bar,
trying to hide my pain with drink.

Oh Yes! THEY have opinions
on what THEY think you should do,
on how you wear your hair,
where you should go, also with who!

I nod and give a grin,
respecting what they want to say;
but it's my thoughts that count
at the end of the day.

It makes it so much easier
when I'm being the best I can;
Then I feel good about my choices;
I don't fear words from any man!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^