Sunday, August 10, 2014

Let's Just Call This Post..."RED HATS And PANCAKES"! :-)


      Guess what I've been doing?!...no, seriously. Go ahead and guess! ^_^ And if you said: 'crocheting hats?'...you would be amazingly astute, and right! LOL
 


      This post is just photo after photo of the two red hats, now being worn my Tina...without her hair! ^_^ I know. It's a terrible thing to do to a girl, on purpose, for no noble reason at all...except to show off my hats! :-)) 
 



      But it just had to be done!! ^_^ I was after a 'fit' thing. I needed to know how they would look without long curls in the way....DONE!! :-)
 


      I finished both of the red hats, and a hot pink one, and I'm now working on the black one. I'm really just practicing the patterns right now...making sure I can work 'em.



      And frankly, I'm not quite sure if this brim is exactly right! O_O The pattern is almost impossible to follow when it comes to the brim. It doesn't give as much detail as it should, or a picture of how it's suppose to be fitted together! So I had to keep doing it over and over, and seeing which way worked!



      I'm gonna try one more red one after I finish the black one. I'm gonna try to 'fiddle around' with the brim placement a bit more....Although, I have to admit, I like it like this!!...
 

      I like it that it can be easily flipped  up or down, depending on the look you're after! :-]

      I do have a confession though....I don't love this yarn! O_O I sooooo want to try these patterns with my 'Caron Simply Soft'...and I probably will!! :-) I don't know how to explain it, about the yarn, except to say that this yarn seems too thick...or something...even though it doesn't seem heavy!
      I 'do' like that it clearly will 'snap-back' into place easier than my Caron yarn might, but my Caron Simply Soft is easier on my hands, and softer to wear, has a nice rich-looking sheen, and is heartier! O_O What can I say?...It's my favorite for a reason! :-))
      Now, if only I can find some Caron yarn with all of my good qualities...AND...some 'snap-back'!! LOL Until then I'm gonna just work up one of these hats with the yarn 'AS IS' and see what happens....I'll keep you posted. :-]

      In other news, my hummingbirds are still air-dancing. :-) ... Deer are still roaming through the backyard on occasion. (O_O And NO! I don't know why they just started doing that this summer!!!)... My dad and mother-in-law's health are worrying hubby and I lately. LONG story! Too long, and too involved, to try to explain on the blog without personal details that I really don't wanna divulge here! O_O You'll have to just trust me on that one!...and lastly, I actually had pancakes for breakfast this morning!! ^_^ Blueberry pancakes...and sausage!!...And it was DE-licious!!!!! ^_^ (Sorry...I ate 'em to fast to even think  about taking pictures of them!! ^_^)
      I even took a left turn on my regular hot beverage and had a large hot chocolate too!!! LOL Yep! I'm going all 'wacky-wacky'...food-wise...over here!!! ^_^ Okay, I'm going all 'wacky-wacky' in other ways too...memory...focus...timing...solitude!...but we won't talk about the other ones! ^_^ It's Pancake Sunday, so let's just stick to red hats and pancakes, shall we?! LOL...Have a good rest of the weekend, Y'all!! ♥

Light

I wait most every morning
to see soft light coming through the trees;
To see the darkness pierced by shadows,
making clarity a tease.

I wait most every morning,
knowing darkness will give way;
Hoping sunrise won't forget me,
and my night will soon be day.

I wait most every morning,
for the thick black blanket's night
to flip back and uncover
all the brilliant rested light!

I've never been disappointed.
Light always manages to appear.
And I always smile and wave and holler:
"Hello Light! I'm over here!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^