Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I Love A Middle Of The Night Giggle! ....... ^_^

        I had a pretty good day yesterday, despite not getting much sleep the night before. I was full of energy! I listened to some public speakers on tapes that I have, I played and danced to music, I 'crocheted up a storm' on my new 'Chocolate Nut Brownie Shawl/Scarf',...
         ...(I'm actually further along than this now, and another color has been added. I'll show it to you tomorrow)...and I did a little video for you guys! :-] {I'll tell you about that in a minute.}
       I should have been tired enough so that once I dropped off to sleep last night I would stay asleep until this morning, don't you think?!....
     (gorillustrator)
         ....Well, you would be thinking...WRONG! LOL
      Truth is, I fell asleep well enough....Early in fact! But at 10 O'Clock...on the dot!...the alarm clock went off...(It goes off every night at 10 p.m. to remind hubby and I to take our bedtime medications)...and  then 'funniness' ensued! ^_^
       (SherriConley)
       Hubby jumped up from the bed in a panic, with his night mask half over one eye, and started stumbling over to the dresser to turn off the alarm. He had jumped up so quick that it startled me! When I looked up, from my half open eyes, by the way...and wearing my C-Pap mask...I saw him with his arms straight out in front of him, heading around the bed, like he was in one of those old Frankenstein monster movies!.....and I started cracking up!!!!!!! LOL
     (ShadedMemories)
         Here's how the conversation went from there......
Me:  (laughing with the mask on) "Hello 'Jeff-enstein'!!"

Hubby: (still half asleep) *Hehe*

Me: "Why are you jumping up so fast like that?!!" (still laughing)

Hubby: "I was having a deep dream...(in a muffled voice)...I dreamed your aunt was trying to adopt me." (then he grinned)

Me: (Taking the mask off and laughing hysterically then!) "She must not have seen you in your bed mask!"

Hubby: "Hehe...I guess not!...But she did want me to take my big head and move down South to North Carolina."

Me: (Really laughing now!) "Really?! Is that where all of the big head people move to these days?!"

Hubby: (Now, he started to really wake up, and he started laughing hysterically) "I guess so! I think that's where the square head people move to too!"

Me: (Crazy laughing) "That must be where the channel __ weather man needs to move to then!...because he's got a really square head!!" ^_^

Hubbby: "You know, one of these days I'm gonna meet that weather guy on the street and I'm gonna say: 'You know, my wife thinks you have a really square head!' " (Cracking up!!!!)

Me: "And you know what he's gonna say:...(in a deep man-like voice)...'She's not the only one that ever said that!' "
     We both started laughing so hard that we were tearing up and our stomach muscles started hurting!...There was some other stuff said after this....but as I'm a hormonally challenged woman right now, I couldn't remember the rest! LOL But it was FUNNY!!! ^_^
      (MaskedRabbitCrafts)
        Does that ever happen to you?! You wake up laughing at something seemingly simple, but it seems hysterically funny for some reason?!! ^_^
       Anyway, it must have been good for us, because we stayed asleep until this morning...and he's still here! The adoption apparently didn't go through!!! ^_^ ... Moving on!!
       As I mentioned above, I did a couple of short videos yesterday. I wasn't going to share them. I did them as an experiment, just to see if I would be able to show my crocheting, so I could do a Youtube video of my patterns at some point in the future. 
      They're really BAD! In other words, the lighting is bad. I have all of my craft stuff, tissue, pills, and everything in the shot! You can barely see my crocheting. And I had the nerve to try to sing! LOL (Remember....I didn't think I was going to share it!) ^_^
     But when hubby saw it, he said: "Oh! You should share that on your blog!"...I said: "Why?!!!"...He said: "Because you showed how you hold your thread, and how you do your crocheting, and your blog readers will get a good sense of your personality!"....I said: "Is that a 'good' thing?! ^_^ Maybe it's better that they not know!!" LOL...He laughed and said: "I think you're pretty cool!"...So, he wins! Even if you don't like it....my hubby thinks I'm pretty cool! :-) 
       Okay, here's the video. "The Wug's Day of Crochet", Parts 1 and 2....(And be kind in your critiques please. Although I'd like to apologize for the seeming chaos of my 'organized' room right up front! ^_^)


       You'd think that would be enough for me to be showing you today, wouldn't you?!......Well, your 'thinker' is really not working today, because it's not!! LOL I also want to share the latest sunflower photos hubby took last night!
        Now you've had a smile too today!!!....A smile, because you can never have too many of them! And a laugh because......
       (tesorojewelry)
       Have a good day everybody!!! :-)
Reasons To Smile

I don't really need a reason,
to let out a great big grin;
But I do from time to time,
just to exercise my chin.

Sometimes I do it just to see
what reaction I will get,
in the places where I've gone,
and the people that I've met.

Sometimes it's just for me!
To amuse some silly thought;
Or to show just how excited
I have been at what I bought.

Sometimes a smile can change my mood,
when weather forecasts make me blue;
Or when I see a baby playing!
Oh yes! Oh Yes! I smile then too!

Truth is, I really don't need a reason.
Frowns just,frankly, aren't my style.
I could sit and write about it,
But even that would make me smile.

16 comments:

  1. I love your humorous conversation in the night last night! But I know someone with a big head that lives here, not in North Carolina! LOL We tease him all the time about his big head!! Too funny!!
    I love your videos! The second one definitely had the best views. I think I could crochet after seeing it! LOL Also, you have a beautiful voice!! I wish I could have heard a bit more!
    And yes, smiles are definitely healthy! Nice poem! There are so many reasons to smile each day if we take the time to find them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CinLynn, ^_^ I'm so glad you can appreciate my silliness...And I stand corrected about the 'big head' locations then! LOL...Yes, the 2nd video was better. Certainly it 'is' if you get the bug to crochet!! :-) About the voice, I don't know about 'good', but I do love to sing. I have some real favorites in the new song book!....Okay, leaving you with a smile. Thank you for all of the nice words my friend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so wonderful! What a fun and cheerful blog to wake up to! I love the laughing pig photo by ColorsbyCarol, too! Thank you so much for including my photo Deb!
    ~Debbie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ShadedMemories, Thank you so much for letting me share it! And I agree...the laughing pig is so funny! :-] Please, come back any time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8/10/2011

    You and your hubby are just way to cute and funny! Love your night time hummor! You have a very beautiful voice. I crochet, haven't in a while. I have been thinking about it lately. So very true about laughter being the best medicine. Have a great day! HUGS! Peg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peg, Awww! Thanks my friend! Although, if we could just get some more sleep instead of up giggling in the middle of the night we might be able to lift our big heads during the day! ^_^ And thank you about the voice...I'll try not to let my big head get any bigger though, okay! LOL...And if you crochet something...I wanna see!!...Have a good day, you and hubby! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post, thanks for sharing :0) I have sat with my neighbour to start crocheting and made a few flowers but can't seem to do it on my own, think I need more practice with her :)

    Hope you get some sleep tonight instead of having loads of fun ;)

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    Enter me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deb, You and your husband are just so funny. I was laughing so hard because it reminded me of some of our crazy conversations that my husband and I have sometimes at 2 or 3 in the morning. Wow lady you have a beautiful voice!!! I liked your videos. Thank you for sharing your technique and videos. Don't tell your husband I said this but he was right about showing us the videos. Loved the poem too. Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bee Happy, Thank you so much! And how exciting that you're making flowers too! I'd love to see what you've done!...Stick with it! Eventually you're get brave enough to do some on your own and then WATCH OUT!! LOL...And, just for you, I'm gonna try not to have any fun tonight...and get some sleep! ^_^ (You're entered too)

    ReplyDelete
  10. SnowflakeDreams1, You made me feel better, because I just knew that me and hubby aren't the only spouses having those crazy silly conversations in the middle of the night!! Now I know for a fact we aren't!! ^_^ ... And thank you for the nice words about the video, the voice, and the poem. Now you know why my hubby bought me the guitar for an anniversary present! He 'thought' that my regularly singing around here should be including my poetry...to music...Alas, 4 years later, I still don't know how to play a chord of that guitar!! ^_^ But I'm still singing while I crochet!!..Have a good day Vel!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can just imagine your hubby seeing that weather man and telling him what you said. I would just burst out laughing if I was there.
    You were singing beautifully in the video :)
    I think Brodie might have needed some of those laughter pills when we were at that meeting at his school today. Gosh he was a grump & needed to lighten up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jo-anne, ^_^ Yes, and the station where he works is not far from us either! So, while he's out 'tootling' around town he 'could' run into him!! LOL How funny would that be if the weather man repeated it on T.V.?!! Ha! Ha!...Thank you about the singing. I 'do' love to sing. It doesn't matter to me whether it's good or not. I'm 'gonna' do it anyway!! LOL...Tell Brodie he can borrow some of my 'Happy Pills', and he can take a 'Chill' pill while he's at it!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Debby,

    Hope you're doing well.
    Funny conversation in the middle of the night... as I can see you both have fun no matter what. And that is inspiring.
    Nice poem.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Priscila!! Welcome back! :-) I think you've probably had some fun this week with your family too, huh?! ^_^ And thanks for the nice words about the poem too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have I told you how much I enjoy your posts? I really do and this one is exceptional!

    ReplyDelete
  16. trusk4u, Awwwwww! How sweet!! Thank you so so much!! :-]

    ReplyDelete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^