Saturday, August 20, 2011

Wah Wahhhhhh... :-(

     (TummyMountain)
       I am sorry to report that 'Date Night' was a 'bust'. :-( It was another one of those situations of the 'best-laid-plans'...going completely awry!! And I'm not happy about it either!!!
     (TummyMountain)
      I'm gonna try to be sensitive here, without going into too much detail about what happened. Let's just say that someone had a situation last night that needed immediate attention. Yeah....that's a nice way to say it! :-)
      And let's just say that instead of hubby and I dancing in San Juan Costa Rica, sipping fruity drinks, eating good food, and walking across moonlit sandy beaches....cuz you know I wouldn't be out there in the hot sun ANYWAY!! LOL...we were dealing with someone's "situation". :-(
         Frankly, as the night went on, I was saying to myself:...
         (thecarboncrusader)
...because....because......(and I'm REALLY 'working' to be sensitive here!)...did you ever have one of those times when someone needs your help...badly!, but they don't want to accept the advice you're trying to give them?!
         While I was eating my 'Burger King' double cheeseburger, and gnawing on some fried onion rings, (I think hubby had some french fries for dinner...*smh*) I was thinking: I wonder what they're eating for dinner in Costa Rica?!....and what music is playing?...Is that volcano erupting?...Are we missing the traditional dance of the ladies with the swirling dresses?! :-(
        Yeah, Okay....so my mind was not really as involved in the "situation" as it could have been!
     (TummyMountain)
      I'm usually a good person to talk to in a crisis, but this time...and on my Friday 'Date Night'...I was not wanting to deal with someone's "issues"! I just wanted to relax with my hubby and go to Central America! ^_^ Was that too much to ask?!...I only wanted ONE night!!
      Oh Well, it's now Saturday...The "situation" continues....I hope hubby and I will be able to get this taken care of before the day wears on too long. There's a Congregation picnic today!! O_O
      For now, I've got to do some talking to myself:..."Listen Poetesswug, you can't just 'veg' out of the "situation"! Put that thinker of yours to some use! Your hubby needs your help here!!...You can't just do like you want to do and...
         ...and there's no sense in wishing you were somewhere else in Holyoke...like at the top of Mt.Tom checking out the view!...
       ...'Pull it together'!!....Be helpful for goodness sakes!!!"
      Grrrrrr!...Alright! Alright!...So, that's what I'm going to do. But first I've got to have some breakfast...Hopefully not a 'Breakfast Burrito' from McDonald's! LOL...and I also need a B-I-G cup of coffee this morning!!!!....A BIG one!!! I need to stay awake here!! Let's get this person's "situation" over with as soon as possible, and get on with my Saturday! ^_^
      I can't go to Costa Rica now, but I do have some crocheting to get back to work on...The 'Wicky Wacky Mitchy Matchy Circle Scarf' inspired me. I decided to do a regular scarf in the same style. I'm going to call it a 'Sweater Scarf'. It has, pretty much, the same colors in it except for one change...
      Instead of the green and sparkly white, it has a lavender thread in it.
       Before the "situation" interrupted my Costa Rica 'Date Night' plans, this is how far I had gotten...
       So, hopefully the tides will turn soon and I can get back to it...YAY! I think I actually told you the story without hurting anyone's feelings, or revealing too much!...I do know how frustrating it must be for you having to read it this way though. I HATE it when people do that!! ^_^ So...I'm sorry. But I hope you understand this time. You KNOW how much I really want to tell you the WHOLE story!!!!!! LOL
      (thecarboncrusader)
      Oh Well......Have a good weekend everybody!! Hope you have good plans....and that nothing interrupts them! ^_^

Best Laid...UnPlanned

Every last detail
had been very well thought out.
Well-laid plans were in their place.
Wait!...What's this all about?!

A fly has stumbled in the ointment,
'well-thought-out' just got a glitch.
Life has thrown another curve ball,
and all your plans you have to ditch.

'Change-of-plans' were uninvited.
The 'shoe has fallen' without a sound.
Oh Well! You can't be aware of everything,
nor every curve can you see around.

18 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you lost your date night plans..but Costa Rica will still be there next date night! I hope your "situation" does get solved to everyone's happiness. Enjoy your Church picnic today and I hope your weather is as nice as ours has been. Loving these cooler days and nights! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does suck. I'm so sorry. I hope everything works out and everyone is OK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures you picked work so well with the story! I'm so disappointed for you (and myself, I wanted to hear more about your 'trip')!
    Sometimes life gets in the way of our lives and the things you are looking forward to get swept to the side. If you are a helper or a positive person you can find yourself lending a hand at the most inopportune times!

    I hope you get another chance to visit Costa Rica and get to put this 'situation' behind you quickly!

    Best wishes, hope you get to enjoy your weekend!


    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your breakfast was excellent! I just had a bowl of cereal after coming inside from weeding in the garden (an everyday event), making my morning treasury over on Etsy, and pulling the new quilt out of the dryer for photo day! It's been a busy one already! I hope yours gets better and better, AND you've got a picnic! Wow, that's awesome :) Have fun at it and try to be in the moment

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chin up, girlie! Sorry your date night was a bust. Maybe now you'll enjoy the next one even more? Love the scarves with the mixed yarns & thread! Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yaya, Thank you for the words of encouragement. You are absolutely right too! Onward and upward! Costa Rica....back on the 'To Do' list! ^_^ And the "situation"...resolved! Hopefully for good!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shannon, Thank you so much for the kind words...and yes! All is well for now...and for good I hope!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. btaylor, Breakfast ended up being a Sausage and egg bagel. Very good! I hadn't had one in a while. :-) You make do at times...and sometimes it ends up not so bad! LOL...How did your new treasury and quilt come out?!...I'm off to look at a movie with hubby in a little while...after the tennis match ends. I'm gonna get my 'Date Night' end one way or another!!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa, Thank you for the nice words about the pictures. That's why I love Etsy! There's someone making something wonderful every minute!! And I love to tell their story and show off what they do! :-)...And I 'WILL' get to Costa Rica eventually!! :-] In the meantime, I'll just do the best I can with what's left of this weekend. I hope you enjoy yours too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pammy Sue, Thank you for your encouraging words. Yes, the next trip will be even better! And probably somewhere without phones and door buzzers and stuff...maybe without lights even!! LOL...And thanks for the nice words about my scarf too! I did get to work on it today. It's about a 1/3 of the way done too! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry Wug, that you didn't get your Costa Rica night. I'm sure that what you were doing was much more important anyway, and you're such a good person (and hubby too) to spend the time to try to help. I hope this person realizes what great friends they have in you.
    I hate to say it, but if I had a problem I was dealing with, I would feel very safe and confident to talk to you about it. You have a gift my friend!
    By the way....I LOVE TummyMountain's artwork!! Thanks for sharing some of it. I haven't seen these yet!
    Busy weekend for me. Sorry i haven't been around, but I am still alive! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. CinLynn, Awww! You're so sweet! And just so you know, I'd be happy to give up a 'Date Night' for you any time!! ^_^ Thank you for the encouragement my friend...And you're right. Costa Rica,...at least my 'virtual' Costa Rica... ^_^ ..isn't going anywhere! It will be re-visited!!...The 'situation' is well on it's way to being good. Hopefully it'll continue in that direction. I'd like my 'Date Night', from here on in, except in case 'you' need me, to be stress and interruption free!! :-] By the way, I LOVE TummyMountain's shop too! It's been a favorite of mine for quite a while!...Stay busy! I know what you do when you're busy. It's good! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh! The little ones on tummy mountain are quite surprised to be involved in a mysterious drama that doesn't involve falling out of trees or being scared by frogs. We are all in a state of suspense and may have to have a big sit down on the couch to calm down.

    ReplyDelete
  14. TummyMountain, *Teehee*...Tell the little ones not to worry. The suspense is over, and it's nothing to worry their dear little heads about. :-) But after this day...a big sit down on the couch sounds like a good idea...for me! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous8/20/2011

    I am so very sorry Deb that your date night didn't work out. What a sweet and wonderful person you are and your hubby to give it up to help someone out. I hope they realize what great people you are. I do, you are one of the easiest people to talk to. I just love your communication skills, it takes a very special person to have the gift to gab the way you do. I know that I would feel very comfortable to talk with you about anything. :) Have a fab weekend. HUGS Peg

    ReplyDelete
  16. Peg, Awwww! ;'_'; WOW! What a sweet thing to say!! Thank you so much!!!!...Okay, now there's two people on my list that I'd give up my 'Date Night' for! :-)) And thank you for the encouragement to keep on TALKING!! Ha! Ha! {didn't know you were doing that, did ya?!! LOL}...All kidding aside, it means a lot to me that you would take the time to give me some encouragement about losing our 'Date Night'. I'll let you know..we stole a little substitute one last night! ^_^ Hopefully the rest of my weekend will be as fabulous as I'm praying yours to be now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so sorry that your Date night wasn't what you wanted it to be. You and your hubby are such wonderful friends who are always willing to help others. I hope that the 'situation' has been resolved & that you get to experience Costa Rica another time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jo-anne, Thanks so much. :-) That's very nice of you to say...and Yes. The 'situation' appears to be resolved. Only time will tell if it stays that way. But I'm happy how it's worked out so far. Costa Rica will indeed see us again! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^