Friday, August 19, 2011

I 'CAN'T' Wear This On My 'Virtual' Date Night!!!...*smh*

 
          The header photo is a comfy hammock made by a shop on Etsy whose owner is from the country where hubby and I are heading for our 'virtual' 'Date Night' tonight. :-) More about that in a minute! But first I have to show you what I'm definitely not gonna be wearing there!
     Remember the 'Wicky Wacky Mitchy Matchy' Circle Scarf I was crocheting?!...Well, it's done!! :-) And WOW! does it have colors!!
    One section has gray and royal blue, white and black...
         Then it graduates...I threw the word 'graduates' in there for all the kids about to go back to school! ^_^...to include some gold and yellow threads in another section...
       Then I mashed some other colors in there!...I said 'mashed' because it's National Potato Day today! ^_^...a little green...
      ...and a little sparkly white!
       It came out warm, VERY warm...I said 'VERY warm' because I'm hoping some skiers might take a look at it...and buy it! ^_^ Wanna see it on Shequita?!...Okay, but WARNING: Look only at the scarf! Not at Shequita's eyelashes!!...Her eyelashes have been having some.....Ummmm....glue issues! LOL
        Eyelashes is not Shequita's only issue! She also doesn't have a body!....Shhhhh! She doesn't know this! ^_^....So I couldn't show you how nice it hangs around the chest area. 
          You'll just have to trust me on that one! {Truth is, I took some pictures of myself wearing it...YIKES!!!....Those photos will never see the light of day!!!!  ^_^ And I was complaining about Shequita's eyelashes!! LOL ...*smh*
        Anywho!!!! I have to get ready for 'Date Night'! :-) ... Where are we going?!...
       (CabinetOfTreasures)
Central America!!...Specifically?!...
       Costa Rica....which means 'Rich Coast'!!! :-)
        Hubby and I felt like we needed to go somewhere with the word 'Rich' in it, since pretty soon all of us are probably gonna be 'broke'!  {Just kidding ^_^ But...YIKES! The Economy!!} (By the way, I put the arrows on the above photo myself. The antique map in CabinetOfTreasures' shop DOES NOT have arrows on it!)
          Okay.....Say Hello to Costa Rica!!! :-)

      It's gonna be a great trip!! :-) If you need to see more, check out the official video by the Costa Rican Tourism Board  HERE!
      Another truth is...this wasn't my pick for 'Date Night', but hubby put his foot down on this one...He wanted some more plantains (or patacones)...^_^...and you guessed it, plantains is a common food eaten in Costa Rica!...Okay, so we're not 'that' deep thinkers when it comes to 'Date Night'. LOL We usually wanna relax, listen to some good music, and eat good!! ^_^ Speaking of which...
       ...'gallo pinto' anyone?!...It's a traditional dish of Costa Rica. Though many variations exist, at it's most basic it's made of pre-cooked rice and beans (black beans I think I read) fried together. It's eaten mostly for breakfast! {And yes, we do have friends, in real life, who are from Costa Rica. :-) We've seen their eating habits...and WE LIKE!!! ^_^}
            There's also usually some type of meat (carne asada, fish, pork chop or chicken), and a salad, to round out a meal too. And there may also be  a slice of white cheese, and/or corn tortillas. 
     And while Costa Ricans are known for having flavorful cuisine, unlike me, they don't generally like hot spicy food. So, I like that Salsa Lizano (a spanish sauce) is the condiment that's used as an ingredient in cooking a lot of different dishes...YUM! 
        In many family gatherings, or for special occasions, it's very common for Costa Ricans to prepare Arroz con Pollo (rice with chicken), accompanied with a Russian Salad (a salad made with beets, potatoes (YAY! And it's national potato Day!...Oh! Did I say that aready?! LOL},...hard boiled eggs and mayo). 
        Oh Yeah, I'm getting in the mood for Costa Rica now!! :-) ... So, how about some scenery?!...Costa Rica has water!...
    (dvengrove)
     (KLHoey)
      Lots of pretty water!! :-)
      (dvengrove)
      Costa Rica has hummingbirds and butterflies! :-)
    (Wikipedia)
       ...Rain Forests!....
      ...lots of beaches!...
     (lovelyone17)
      ....Ooooo! Flowers!!!! :-)
        .....and Volcanoes!
     (gcecere)
        ...and good music!!! :-)

       Yeah! I think we're gonna love Costa Rica! :-)
      (poppyandpinecone)
          I hope you all enjoy your weekend as much!...if not more!! :-) ... Speaking of which, what are 'you' doing tonight?! :-] 

I Love A New Experience

I love a new experience!
No matter how it's learned.
A fact that's new to me,
or a new food that I've burned.

A place I've never been,
or a person I've not known.
A book I've never read,
or a gadget on my phone.

A song that's not my norm,
or a craft I've never tried.
A veggie fixed a new way,
whether boiled, sauteed or fried.

I love a new experience!
A jolt for my old eyes.
To make my life worth living,
and each day a great surprise!

16 comments:

  1. Deb, I know you and your husband will have an enjoyable date night learning so much about Costa Rica. The song you have on your blog is a song of lost love very beautiful.All the pictures are so beautiful too. I love how your scarf turned out.It reminds me of a sweater I use to have that I loved so much.My date night tonight we will be attending the rodeo. I also had a date night on wednesday attending the demo derby. It's like we are on a honeymoon...LOL... Love your poem, words to live by. Have a great day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Date night in Costa Rica! Weeeee! The rice and food sounds amazing :) I'm always up for new food experiences. Love the poem about food too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SnowflakeDreams1, Do you know the name of the song?! I couldn't find it anywhere!!...(There's drawbacks to not knowing every language in the world!! ^_^)...I'm so glad you like my scarf! And I almost called it a 'sweater scarf' because that's what it reminded me of too!! :-]...Oooo! Rodeo! Have a good time! 'Watching' the rodeo has been a 'Date Night' excursion for us too! My favorite part?...Barrel racing or bull riding. Skill and toughness!...Thanks for the poem love too, by the way! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. btaylor, ^_^ Too bad we couldn't stuff you in the suitcase! LOL And thanks, about the poem too...Side note, every time I see your name I get flashbacks of nice memories spent in 'Mayberry' with 'Andy', 'Opie', 'Barney' and 'Aunt Bee'. Just saying! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8/19/2011

    Hi Deb, I just love your scarf. I would love to see more pictures to see how it drapes. What a fun place to go visit. I would love to go there for real. Have fun. Looking forward to hearing all about it. Sorry you couldn't sleep. :( Have a fab. day! Hugs... Peg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb, the singer says that the song is called El Rancho Norteno and the group is called El Grupo Azul. I couldn't get the squiggly line to go over the second n in Norteno sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peg, Thank you so much!! :-) And hopefully I'll be able to get some photos with it on a 'real' person soon. My friend tried it on today and loved it. She was wearing it in different ways than I showed too...UGH! Photography!!...And as to Costa Rica, maybe you and I both will get a chance to go 'for real' one day. I'm counting on it!! ^_^ You have a good weekend, okay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SnowflakeDreams1, Ahhh! Thank you!!! Now maybe I can find the translation in English for me!...Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shequita is looking ultra fab in one of your creations as usual!
    Costa Rica looks like so much fun, I can't wait to go there with you. We'll be staying in Toronto again for our date night lol!

    Enjoy and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lisa, I thank you, and 'Eyelash challenged' Shequita thanks you too! ^_^ Enjoy Costa Rica....and Toronto. That's on our list too! :-) Have a good weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't know her name was Shekita. LOL
    Oh yes, Costa Rica sounds great and looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes,...^_^...her name is Shequita. She's all attitude and 'head'. We thought it fit! LOL...And Costa Rica...Wonderful! :-]

    ReplyDelete
  13. Costa Rica looks like the perfect place to visit! It looks so pretty.
    I love how your scarf turned out :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It does....I'll get there eventually!...And I just now listed the scarf in my shop! I'm excited to get it done! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's a great idea for a date night!
    Actually my daughter is going to Costa Rica...must follow your links....so thanks for sharing : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooooo! Really?!!! I sure hope you show the photos!!...After doing all of the research, I love Costa Rica!! :-) The healthiest people live there!

    ReplyDelete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^