Tuesday, January 10, 2012

It's All About Food Today...Some Good...Some Bad

         I hope Martha Stewart doesn't mind me sharing a couple of meal pictures from her Everyday FOOD magazine. This is THE LIGHT ISSUE.  On the cover it says it's "68 Good-For-You Recipes!' They sure look 'good for me!' :-)
        I got it in the mail a couple of days ago and was immediately smitten! The recipe in the header photo puzzled me at first, even though my favorite color is green!...I don't usually expect my chicken salad...which is what the words said it was...to be green! O_O
       But then I looked a little closer.....and it's not just chicken salad. It's chicken salad with avocado dressing!...Ah yes, the avocado!...That thing that I 'still' haven't really eaten yet!...Okay Martha Stewart, you may get me to do it this time! :-]  
       This recipe has chicken...of course!...and celery, a shallot, a scallion, parsley leaves, fresh mint, fresh lemon juice, salt, pepper, some buttermilk, and avocados...of course! And it's put on top of toasted sourdough bread!...Yum! I may just be up for this one!
       Not all of my food news is good today though...UGH! Yeah, I'll tell you why in a minute. First, I wanna show you a couple more pictures from Martha Stewart's magazine! :-) Have you ever had Denver Omelet Cups?...
         Hash browns, eggs, and ham steak pieces! Yum.....Yum!
     There also was another avocado meal!...I know, I'm trying to get all familiar with the avocado y'all!!  ^_^ And the fact that this one is a halibut with avocado and pineapple salsa meal....Oh Yeah!!...

    If you're not into fish...or pineapples...how about Honey-Chipotle Turkey Meatballs?!...
         Onions, garlic, cider vinegar, and extra virgin olive oil......check....check....check....and check! :-) ...I bet that would make a great turkey meatball sub for the upcoming Super Bowl game too!...Hmmmmmm.....Note to self: REMEMBER THIS ONE!!! LOL
       And if you're into healthy.....okay....health-ier treats!...Lower in fat I mean...
         Oh Yes They Are!!...Triple-Chocolate Brownies!!! :-) ...They have black beans...Black Beans!...and of course some heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acid, protein and fiber packed walnuts too if you want! :-) ....I want!....I definitely want!! ^_^
      And for those of you wondering if going out to the store to get this one is really worth it, here's a few more of the healthy recipes that are in here: Avocado-Banana Smoothie; Slow-Cooker Beef and Tomato Stew; Almond Biscotti; Easy Chickpea Curry; Roasted Spaghetti Squash; Chicken Soup - 5 ways (Asian style, rustic minestrone, with dumplings, Mexican tortilla, and chicken vegetable); Lemon Pudding Cakes; Gingerbread Mini-Cakes; and YUM!...Blueberry-Orange Cornmeal Muffins!!
         Now, Martha Stewart doesn't know anything about how much I love the recipes in her magazines...whether I cook 'em, or just look at 'em!...so me telling you that it's worth the money....is just me telling you that I think it's worth the money!!  ^_^ You decide for yourself!...Sorry Martha. I had to add that part. LOL
           Now...about the bad food news.....UGH! Hubby and I found out while looking at the evening news last night.....UGH!...that his company is apparently gonna apply for bankruptcy again!!!!...*shaking my head*...You would think that somebody that sees you every day, or somebody that sees somebody else that sees you every day, would kinda give you a heads up that the job you work at every day may not be in as secure a place as you thought it might be!...{Not that any job is in a secure place these days!!}...but in this case....Noooooooooooo!
      Hubby says that there has been some cutting back on product and stuff, so he knew something was going on, but he didn't expect that the first place he would hear about it was on the evening news!!...Mr. Tax Man may not be as happy with us pretty soon if things don't work themselves out!
      Maybe I better start doing some aerobic finger exercises to get my fingers in shape for all the work they're gonna have to do to help keep our little heads above water pretty soon! ^_^ ....Anybody wanna buy a few dozen scarves?!!!!! LOL
       You know what?! I'm gonna be like Scarlett O'Hara in "Gone With The Wind" and think about that later, because 'Tomorrow is another day!' LOL...Today I'm gonna focus my energy on my sister-in-law!! We're gonna spend some time together today, catching up and girl talk....you know how it is! :-)
      I'm gonna show her my backyard, and tell her about the 'phenomenon' I saw back there this morning! It was a first for me. I looked out the window THIS MORNING and the moon was visiting the backyard!! It wasn't high in the sky like it usually is. It was peeping through my trees!!...
        The picture doesn't do it justice, but let's face it....my pictures never do. ^_^ And I'm good with that! I'm a crocheter and a poet...not a photographer. Sometimes you just have to know your 'wheel house'!! LOL
       Okay, off to crochet a little on my new hat while I wait for my friend and my sister-in-law to come! :-) Have a good day everybody!! Eat something good today too! :-)


Describe The Sky

Evoking awe and bouts of wonder.
Such inspiration, you just want to cry.
With birds high-flying, and winds a blowing,
what words would you use to describe the sky?

Would you say, whether clouds are upon it,
that it blankets a wondrous space?
Or would you be more awed and humbled,
hoping there you would find God's face?

I would say that when standing quiet,
looking up at the sun or moon,
there's a feeling of peaceful oneness
that I hope won't go away too soon.

Evoking bouts of awe and wonder
was probably what it was designed to do;
That is, besides giving off light and weather,
and the most spectacular view!      

14 comments:

  1. Oh my...you're making me hungry!!!
    LOVE Martha's food!

    hugs and happy food day!
    Char.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!What a bunch of good food.Im loving the look of the turkey meatballs and of course the double chocolate brownies.I hope your doing good.Nice to see your comments as always.


    Have a great new week.Love, the poem.I should get more creative and write long poems.But you got something I dont got ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't get Martha over here, her food looks gorgeous! I am cooking roast beef at the moment for tea, am getting hungry now!!

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    Enter me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We Blog Artists, ^_^ Sorry...But hello fellow Martha food girl! LOL...I hope you're eating something good today, Char!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky~, Yes it is! Good good food! I just have to slow my eyes down long enough to make the recipes!! LOL...Thank you for the nice words about the poem. Yes, give long poems a go! See what happens! :-] And you have a good week too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bee happy, Ohhhhhh! You don't get Martha Stewart?!....Somehow that surprises me!...That's too bad. Her recipes are really good. I know there's a website. So maybe she ships things. I don't know. If you're interested, I'll check into it for you. Just let me know....In the meantime, enjoy your roast beef! LOL And we'll both have a delicious day! :-) You're entered too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad I've already eaten. I think I would have drooled all over my new laptop! They all look delicious!

    Beautiful poem!
    So sorry to hear about your husband's job. Wow! Nothing is sure in this world. Do a lot of leaning on God through this. He'll take care of you. It won't be long and we'll all be in that position. Hang in there.
    Have fun visiting with your sister in law too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CinLynn Boutique, Ha! Ha! I'm glad you'd already eaten too! We can't have a drooley laptop!! ^_^ And thank you for the nice words about the poem...As to hubby's job, as of right now he still has it. Who knows what's gonna happen during this process, so as you say, we're gonna lean on Jehovah and try not to worry about things we can't do anything about anyway! We'll let him do the thinking on that. He's much better at it than we are! :-) We're just gonna put our head down and enjoy his sister's visit for now...Have a good night my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my that food looks amazing! I think the Hashbrowns, egg & ham looks like it may make it onto my breakfast menu this weekend :D
    Sorry to hear about hubby's job. I'm sure that you & hubby will get through it okay. I'll cross my fingers and toes and eyes and .. well you get the idea :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear about your hubby's work place...I think I heard about it too...it had to do with twinkies. I haven't had any of those in years but if it would keep your hubby working I'll just have to go buy some! Seriously, I do hope it all works out OK. Martha Stewart magazine is a treat just to read it and look at all the lovely photos! Let us know if you make any of the recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jo-anne *Blossy*, You know, I was thinking the same thing about that Denver Omelet! That looked so good!! And so easy...Thanks for the words of support about hubby's job too. No need to cross all those body parts....the visual of that made me laugh out loud!! ^_^...we have the situation in some good hands. We think we'll be just fine. :-) Thanks Jo. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. yaya, Thanks so much for the support. And yep! You heard it...and so did he! And I haven't had any of them in years either! ^_^ Maybe "I'm" the problem!! ^_^ ... About the recipes, you know if I make one...you'll hear about it!! ^_^ And I agree about the magazine too...it is a treat just to read and look at...Have a good day yaya!

    ReplyDelete
  13. UGH I forgot to say ENTER ME.That is so cute,its diferent.I like different.

    Have a good day Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Becky~, Ha! Ha! No problem. You're now entered! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^